Thread: Can you use your mouse's movement as the PS2's right joystick?

Thanks

Default Can you use your mouse's movement as the PS2's right joystick?

I'm having a lot of issues setting up a comfortable gamepad with my keyboard and mouse.. I don't know if it cant be done or if I'm just doing something wrong, but I can't set my view directions on FFXII using my mouse' axis, even though it registers as a listed form of movement. I also can't use left/right/middle click for x/square/O/Triangle. Am I doing something wrong, or is it simply not possible?

Thanks
    EP Points

On the Lilypad settings, make sure the Mouse API isn't set to 'Disabled' on the General Tab, and switch it to 'Windows Messaging'.
    and then, map the four directions of the analog stick with your mouse by moving it to the corresponding direction. e.g UP = move the mouse up. etc.

The rest of the button should be working if you have assign it correctly, if its not, post the screenshots of your General and Pad 1 settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    On the Lilypad settings, make sure the Mouse API isn't set to 'Disabled' on the General Tab, and switch it to 'Windows Messaging'.
    and then, map the four directions of the analog stick with your mouse by moving it to the corresponding direction. e.g UP = move the mouse up. etc.

The rest of the button should be working if you have assign it correctly, if its not, post the screenshots of your General and Pad 1 settings.
    Wow, it was setting it to Windows Messaging that fixed it! Thank you! I'm aiming with my mouse and hitting buttons using my mouse clicks! Tyvm!

Thanks
    EP Points

It would be much easier if you use a real Joystick.

Well, anyways, you're welcome.

Thanks

well using a real joystick is better because i have ever try assign the left joystick on the mouse movement and u need to keep move the mouse up in order to make the character move and u need to keep move the mouse all the time which is pretty tiring ..