Thread: Way to boot cheat device with ESR?

Thanks

Default Way to boot cheat device with ESR?

Is it possible to boot a cheat device disc like codebreaker or something that just requires a disc to work with ESR? I have some messed up blocks on an old memory card and I've heard that the only way to get rid of em is to use a cheat device. When I say "boot" I mean booting a back-up.

Thanks
    EP Points

im not sure ive never had to try to be honest if you have a spare dvd-r laying around try patching it and booting it with fmcb
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

the only one you can use is code breaker and it has to run off a usb, just google codebreaker .elf

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

USB only (could be run from MC aswell but the Codebreaker file is rather large so recomend against that) via a patched codebreaker elf patched to boot ESR that in turn boots ESR patched DVD games there was only 3 versions that got patched/patches for though

I have this but alas my PS2 is packed away so it's not to hand, that and I forgot how I patched it to run, mine I pathed to run slightly differntly to the normal way, I think I just made it do things slightly different or I stored ESR in a diff location to default prolly the later... I'm sure I had a reason, but I realy don't remember off hand

If you can't find it or figure it out I will dig out the olde PS2 maybe check out how it works on my system

Just googling for codebreaker elf will give you all sorts not just the pre patched elf's for ESR but for HDD use aswell that are pointless for you, there are also unpatched ones aswell that you would need the patcher for them to work that are not that easy to find now.. also you can't patch a pre pathed file because the crc of the file is checked from what I do remember

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

i found it through google, thats just what i suggested lol

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Patched Codebreaker

Make a folder named BOOT on the root of the drive and extract to there.
    I've included CB v9 and v10.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys!