Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: How do you counter, "You don't have a job"?

Thanks

i don't have a job

im going to go into IT training

never count out education, no matter how much you have done, just make sure you can get into work straight after

parents having a go at you will not help.

Thanks

hmmm
    A) Get a job if it bothers you so much what others think.
    B) U dont care what others think, then why are you so worried
    C) Yes, if u dont like working for someone else then start your own
    D) Who cares just do whatever u want, you live only once to spend it trying to make everyelse happy but forgeting about yourself in the process

Thanks

buy everyone items for Christmas or birthday that they hate. When they complain tell them they should just buy what they want cause they have jobs : 3

Thanks

I have to agree with thespacedcadet about the pride thing.
    Having a sense of pride is what drives you to better yourself. Without it, you will settle for a McJob of which you may work in for the rest of your life. It's really not recommended, do these places have old age pension insurance, protection against dismissal, etc etc. These long term factors weigh heavy why people want job security and not a McJob. And don't expect nice (or any) Christmas presents with minimum-pay jobs, that's why people want better-paying jobs. Basic human desire: we want nice things. A good job can get us this, a McJob can't.

A McJob is a temporary thing while looking for a real job. If after 1-3 years of working in one and not finding anything better in this currently 9% U.S. unemployment rate while living in your very limited town with poor job opportunities, I'd say moving is your absolute only choice.

Longterm job-hopping won't make you appealing either for a potential workplace. Even if you have a degree but for 5 years while looking for that job you like, you have been doing several temp work that do not apply to your degree, can you guarantee during the interview that you are still knowledgeable in that field after such a long time of doing minimum wage work? The longer you delay finding the career you want, the harder it will be to get it.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks

Get a job you couch slob. Nah but seriously just get any job you could get dont be proud. I bet you could make a splendid pooper scooper !

Thanks

Honestly, I'd take the fast food job-places are more likely to hire someone who has a steady work history than someone with a higher education but no solid background-right now, its ery much a pick and choose market-and i hate to say they are right-but to a extent they are-the commentary is totally uncalled for, but then so is telling them what you want for x-mas unless they are the ones who have pointedly asked you. It seems greedy if you are of working age to demand gifts (i know it probably wasnt a demand, but things tend to go across that way where gift giving is concerned unless you happen to be a very young child etc). So, best I can tell you is-take whatever lousy job you can find0-and I do mean lousy. It will shut up the commentary better than any rebuke. It will also provide a income for you. Granted, not much of one-but some is better than nothing, relying on hand-outs. Been there, done that, know what i'm talking about here. Anyway, good luck to you. Sucks when family gangs up on you-they mean well at heart, but expressing it is a common family problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Old thread is old.