Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How do you counter, "You don't have a job"?

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

"Well, you raised a deadbeat."

No? Sorry.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

"You don't have a job"

shut the fuck up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well it is true, it is hard to find a job at this time, with the economy the way it is right now. However there are still ways to make money and it is possible to land a job, you just gotta apply everywhere and keep up on your apps, as others have said. Right now I am working online to make some money, its not much, but at least I will have some money. I have worked in fields I have not really wanted to, its all about starting from the bottom and working your way up. Unless you're really lucky, you're not gonna start somewhere at the top or even the middle.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Well it is true, it is hard to find a job at this time, with the economy the way it is right now. However there are still ways to make money and it is possible to land a job, you just gotta apply everywhere and keep up on your apps, as others have said. Right now I am working online to make some money, its not much, but at least I will have some money. I have worked in fields I have not really wanted to, its all about starting from the bottom and working your way up. Unless you're really lucky, you're not gonna start somewhere at the top or even the middle.
    What are you doing online?

Thanks

You asked for the opinion of strangers on line.
    You got them.

Some were judgmental, some where blatant trolls and most of the rest was good hard advice, which by rights, you should already have been moderately aware of.

My suggestion is to stop heaving more detail & detritus onto this and either get on with it or let it go.
    In any case, mostly when people ask for 'advice' they're really just looking to compare other peoples hypothetical choices with the choice they've already made in their mind. Which I suspect is the case here too.

-tl;dr fuck off & get a job.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Im a disabled vet. 80%, so theres a lot of jobs i physically cant do. hell, my ability to work at all is still up in the air. i receive a stipend, and go to school, in the hopes that i'll be able to work again at some point in a field i enjoy.

I've got a hat. your dad or grandpa probably have one just like it. it usually turns the comments from "why dont you have a job?" to "thank you for your service!"

you should look into it, the military's got free medical
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZeikHunter View Post
    you should look into it, the military's got free medical
    So does jail.

As for how to counter "You don't have a job." go ahead and enlighten them about pollution and how everywhere they drive, every light they turn on, every reality show they watch, contributes to that pollution. The ask them why they participate in such a wasteful, globally destructive, stupid, frivolous, and vain way of life. More than likely, you will get to watch them walk away butthurt.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    So does jail.

As for how to counter "You don't have a job." go ahead and enlighten them about pollution and how everywhere they drive, every light they turn on, every reality show they watch, contributes to that pollution. The ask them why they participate in such a wasteful, globally destructive, stupid, frivolous, and vain way of life. More than likely, you will get to watch them walk away butthurt.
    Or they could just say, "Use public transport, using the bus means more people sharing the same transport, thus reducing the amount of pollution, or use a train, they are electric, thus basicly causing no pollution at all, coupled with the fact you can take a bike if the distance you need to travel is greater then walking, it will help you get there."

Fuck knuckle.

Thanks

i dont eat and buy things ... at all sooooo... i don have to pay aaaaannnnndddd that aALSO means i dont have to have a job HAAAA ..... YA MORAN

Quote Originally Posted by creg View Post
    "You don't have a job"

shut the fuck up.
    thats what i had said end qoute
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-August-2011 at 15:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

An overwhelming urge to start singing some Offspring...

Thanks

One word.... survival.

DO what it takes to survive. If that involves money, and unless your living some rustic lifestyle on a farm, it probably does. Sure, you need money to buy stuff. If you want stuff, you will need a job, pure and simple.

If you can do without, I hope at least your contributing to the household you are living in. You know... doing small repairs around the house as needed, walking/feeding any animals, washing the dishes?

As a very last resort, have you given a life of crime a think through?

JK.

Seriously, one needs to do what they need to do to stay alive, but buying video game related stuff is not really covered under that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lizard, you're 23 and you're still asking your family for Christmas presents?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Lizard, you're 23 and you're still asking your family for Christmas presents?
    My parents haven't gotten me anything for birthdays/Christmas for years now...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    So does jail.
    Really? Really? How does that even compare? Besides the fact that being incarcerated wont pay you jack for shit. Please, I'd love to hear how you equate jail to military service. Fuckstick.

As for Christmas presents, I'm 25, and my mom still gives me stuff. Its usually a pack of socks and some candy. Kind of a family tradition, just a token exchange of gifts. I'm sure if any of us knew how to make a fruitcake, we'd pass the same one around annually lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Jail = Free room & board, R&R time, Huber law where available, state paid health care, free education if you are in long enough...

Military = Fighting and dying to make Defense contractors rich, returning in a box or pieces, free education, free room & board sometimes, state paid health care, brainwashing A.K.A. boot camp, very little R&R...

Basically, the difference is in whether you're supporting white collar criminals, or doing your own crime. Jail seems to win in all ways. And YES, with Huber, you can get paid for jail time.

As for being 25, time to move out of mom's house.

And BTW, Thanks for serving corruption. Sounds like you know a bit about returning in pieces. I hope you got some G.I. Bill to help with your education. Peace, brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Or they could just say, "Use public transport, using the bus means more people sharing the same transport, thus reducing the amount of pollution, or use a train, they are electric, thus basicly causing no pollution at all, coupled with the fact you can take a bike if the distance you need to travel is greater then walking, it will help you get there."

Fuck knuckle.
    So in assembling the train, generating power, assembling the power plant, assembling and installing power lines, there is no pollution at all? Very interesting. Or very uneducated. Take your pick.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 15th-August-2011 at 23:21. Reason: ignorance of previous post requires more info.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.