Thread: Golden Sun Dark Dawn Freezing with Desmume 9.7, help?

Thanks

Unhappy Golden Sun Dark Dawn Freezing with Desmume 9.7, help?

I'm using desmume 9.7 to play golden sun dark dawn and I'm enjoying very much (added with the fact that I'm using AR codes that work). But, when I go into the battle with the 2 Generals (1st Boss after getting Amiti), the game feezes when it goes to the black screen before the battle starts. I've tried changing the settings of Desmume, but each time I reach that point in the game (after loading a saved state that's just before the scene and battle), it freezes. I doubt my AR codes would be cause of this, since I added all the codes I have basically when I started the game (and it's worked fine until this point in the game).

Supreme Warrior Guest

you happen to try any SVN builds of Desmume?

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/De...max-results=12

Thanks
    EP Points

Try running the game through the actual save file(not savestates), without using any AR Codes(disable all of them), and with default settings(by deleting the desmume.ini).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Try running the game through the actual save file(not savestates), without using any AR Codes(disable all of them), and with default settings(by deleting the desmume.ini).
    Oh Thank you so much, my game is saved! Now I can continue with my beloved game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    you happen to try any SVN builds of Desmume?

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/De...max-results=12
    The graphics looked slightly better, but it froze straight after I loaded my state.

Supreme Warrior Guest

yeah, you dont want to load old save states from previous builds into a new build, hence why it froze.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zatemo View Post
    The graphics looked slightly better, but it froze straight after I loaded my state.
    Avoid using previous savestates when using another version of the emulator, always use the actual saves you have.

Plus, its still SVN, meaning there likely an issues when using it,
    and always use the official release, switch to SVN only when some issues can't be solved.