Thread: Nestopia video playback problem

Thanks

Default Nestopia video playback problem

Hi guys. I'm trying to do a Let's Play video of Earthbound 0. I am using Nestopia 1.40 and using the movie recorder option. I have successfully got my first 8 minute video recorded, so I exported it as an avi file. This is where the problem comes in. For the first few minutes of the video, everything is fine. But eventually the gameplay footage just goes crazy. It is basically showing me doing things that I didn't do while I was playing. For instance, during a battle it just shows me sitting there not fighting or anything, while the music plays in the background. Then the fight randomly ends and it shows my character walking around the room like I don't know what I'm doing. THEN it shows me opening a menu that I never opened, and spending the last 3 or so minutes of the video randomly moving the cursor around on that menu.

At first I used the "Cinepak Codec by Radius" and changed the compression quality to 65 percent. I changed it b/c I watched a youtube tutorial that said to ALWAYS use that codec, and to put your compression quality between 50 and 75 percent. When I discovered the problem, I exported the video to avi again, but this time I used x-Vid MPEG-4 Codec which works perfectly when I record footage from Visual Boy Advance, and changed the quality to 50 percent. I got similar results, but the problem started slightly later in the video.

I have no idea what the hell the problem is. If anybody has a solution please let me know. In the mean time I'm going to try another emulator and hope that it works. Thanks in advance. BTW these are my computer specs

Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Computer:
    Genuine Intel CPU
    T2250 @ 1.73GHz
    795 MHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

Thanks

By the way, I can't simply use Camtasia's video recorder or FRAPS or any other screen capture software because my soundcard won't allow me to record the in game audio with those types of programs. I'm basically restricted to using an emulator's recording feature.