Thread: EPSXE OpenGLDriver1.77 and 1.78 makes Gameplay slow and laggy

Thanks

Smile EPSXE OpenGLDriver1.77 and 1.78 makes Gameplay slow and laggy

I'm having trouble using them, because everything is slow in game and I don't know the exact specifications to use these drivers? Because, I'm trying to run them on Star Ocean: Second Story. But, gameplay is real slow even on fast settings.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you try other graphic Plugins beside the one you're using now? Try using Pete's OpenGL2, D3D or the Soft driver.

Enable the Frame Skipping, and disable the FPS Limit, use Autodetect FPS.

Thanks
    EP Points

you can also try manually setting your vram to 512 in the video card plugin speeds up some games the auto detect doesn't work very well on certain games

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Not, such a good idea because my Ram runs out too easily, since I only have 512 to begin with. And, if I set my VRAM to 512 then my computer will start screwing up badly.

Update-
    Ok, I tried what meganova said, and it didn't work one bit. As, soon as I save those settings, and started up Star Ocean an error message came up saying "No WGL extension" then the emulator crashed on me.
    Last edited by Gustave Finney; 15th-July-2011 at 05:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave Finney View Post
    Update-
    Ok, I tried what meganova said, and it didn't work one bit. As, soon as I save those settings, and started up Star Ocean an error message came up saying "No WGL extension" then the emulator crashed on me.
    Well, since you're not giving any info about your specs, I can only suggest settings which commonly used by most people.
    and based on the error you got, it seems you don't have a graphic that support OGL2, try using Pete's D3D or Peops Soft Driver instead, still with the settings I recommended earlier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Well, since you're not giving any info about your specs, I can only suggest settings which commonly used by most people.
    and based on the error you got, it seems you don't have a graphic that support OGL2, try using Pete's D3D or Peops Soft Driver instead, still with the settings I recommended earlier.
    Computer Specs:
    Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit
    512MB Ram
    Pentium 4 Processor 3.33Ghz
    82945G Express Chipset

Thanks
    EP Points

Computer Specs:
    Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit
    512MB Ram
    Pentium 4 Processor 3.33Ghz
    82945G Express Chipset
    There, use plugins which I had posted earlier.

Thanks

It works fine now, but will those plugins you recommended work For Final Fantasy 7 and 8?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will need to change Off Screen Drawing settings for FF games. otherwise battle menus won't appear. I remember FF7 being tricky to get working, and then the sound was just bad... so much time to get it working like original, and I never played past disc 1 after that

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

It works fine now, but will those plugins you recommended work For Final Fantasy 7 and 8?
    Yes it will, but you need to change the configuration a bit, for example,
    If you use Pete's D3D/OGL, set the Off-screen Drawing to 2(or higher), while for the Soft Driver, disable the frame skipping if the battle menu doesn't appear.

and you might also need to activate related gamefixes for the game.