Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So, people without a beast of a PC can still enjoy TW2 in all its glory. I approve. Hell, I already own the game, and I'll still probably fire up OnLive just to play it.
    Somehow, I KNEW it would be you to post

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Somehow, I KNEW it would be you to post
    Well, yeah. I mean, someone has to pimp the game.

It's a bit like you with Mass Effect. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, yeah. I mean, someone has to pimp the game.

It's a bit like you with Mass Effect. I'm sure you understand.
    Indeed

I SO want the ME series on OnLive. They initially had a deal with EA to get some games on the service, but then EA created Origin.

I lost all hope.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a streaming service called Gaikai, pretty much the same deal as Onlive. They're partnered with EA and they have ME2 as well.

Too bad the service was terrible. I tried it a few months ago and it was hilariously laggy and unplayable. Not sure if they've improved since then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Onlive does what Gaikai fails.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a streaming service called Gaikai, pretty much the same deal as Onlive. They're partnered with EA and they have ME2 as well.

Too bad the service was terrible. I tried it a few months ago and it was hilariously laggy and unplayable. Not sure if they've improved since then.
    I have heard very bad things about Gaikai...on the OnLive board

Thanks
    EP Points

Huh, I take that back. I've just tried Dead Space 2 on it a few seconds ago and it ran fine. Oh well, seems like they really did improve.

Thanks
    EP Points

Huh, I take that back. I've just tried Dead Space 2 on it a few seconds ago and it ran fine. Oh well, seems like they really did improve.
    I'll have to check it out. Do they stream, or it is local like Steam?

Thanks
    EP Points

They stream. It runs in your browser, actually. You click on a game and it starts instantly, even faster than Onlive.

I might record some footage of it tomorrow, in the same way I did Onlive with Prince of Persia. We'll see.

Thanks
    EP Points

They stream. It runs in your browser, actually. You click on a game and it starts instantly, even faster than Onlive.

I might record some footage of it tomorrow, in the same way I did Onlive with Prince of Persia. We'll see.
    I'll wait to see your video before I try it. All I've heard is a bunch of hating from the OnLive fanboys. I'd like to see it in action.

The reason I asked bout the streaming, is there is apparently another service that streams the levels to your PC as you play the game. While you are playing level one, level two is downloading, etc. I don't know if you get to store the game locally or not...and I don't recall the name of the service...

Thanks
    EP Points

I ended up playing both Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 on Gaikai. It's okay, but not as smooth as OnLive. Got some pretty ugly lag and framerate issues in certain areas, like that last room in the ME2 demo. I'm not entirely surprised, honestly. The footage of both DS2 and ME2 is up here in the LP section, if anyone's interested.

Thanks
    EP Points

I ended up playing both Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 on Gaikai. It's okay, but not as smooth as OnLive. Got some pretty ugly lag and framerate issues in certain areas, like that last room in the ME2 demo. I'm not entirely surprised, honestly. The footage of both DS2 and ME2 is up here in the LP section, if anyone's interested.
    Doesn't look bad, but I think all the lag would really bother me...

Thanks for taking the time to post the videos

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is the witcher 2 worth bothering for someone who hated... no loathed the combat from the first one?

Thanks
    EP Points

The combat system was completely redesigned for the sequel, but you might still hate it, for entirely different reasons. Honestly, if you couldn't get past the combat and just enjoy the first game for what it was, I wouldn't bother with the second one, either.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried this about a week ago. Used the desktop client. I decided to demo a game I demo'd on the xbox so I could compare them. The game was Homefront. The game was laggy (mostly video lag, hiccups, but not much of the expected control lag) and looked awful compared to the 360 version.

Overall, I was semi-impressed, because despite those two flaws, the game was still playable and the service worked decently. I'm not switching to it for my primary gaming service any time soon but I am willing to give it another shot sometime in the near future.

So, people without a beast of a PC can still enjoy TW2 in all its glory. I approve. Hell, I already own the game, and I'll still probably fire up OnLive just to play it.
    You don't really need that beast of a PC to play it, I played it at 1920x1200 @ medium-high settings with just a poor old HD4870

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Is the witcher 2 worth bothering for someone who hated... no loathed the combat from the first one?
    I didn't play The Witcher 1 (Plan to), but I enjoyed The Witcher 2. It's combat system was both fun and challenging to me, and the story had me immersed the whole time I played it. It's a great game worth playing.
    Last edited by Panda Man; 4th-August-2011 at 15:04.