Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    wut

Most games DO require a disc to be in a drive. Even PC games. U MAD BRO?
    All of the games I've bought recently will let you play without the disc. I haven't bought any PC games within the year, and I really only buy RPGs.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Trine - free (THANKS FER!)
    <3

I wish I had a good connectivity to buy that Mafia II, I wouldn't mind giving that a try, but then again my connection is dreadful. ):

Thanks
    EP Points

This past week, OnLive has been in the news a lot concerning a range of topics. Several of them we broke right here on OnLiveFans.com.

We’ve learned several things about the future of OnLive. More details emerged on Steve Perlman’s upcoming DIDO technology. It could be something we hear a lot about in the future of wireless tech.

We also got new details about the future of OnLive games being integrated into Facebook. Perlman explained that the new SDK for OnLive games will allow developers to create Farmville-like games if they desire.

OnLive also released several new games including “Deus Ex”, which was voted the best PC game ever created. It is currently available in the OnLive PlayPack. The other two games added were “Elizabeth Find, M.D. Diagonosis Mystery” and “AC-130: Operation Devastation”.

Steve Perlman also discussed with OnLiveFans that he hopes to eventually release free games on the service. The publishers would generate revenue via advertising displays or in-game purchases of virtual goods. On top of this, he also said that we can expect to see game mods on the cloud video game system in the near future.

1080P? Who needs that when there is 4K resolution (2304p). It’s probably still a ways off, but it will be in OnLive’s future, according to Steve Perlman.

Other news brought more details about the OnLive web browser, which is set to launch this summer. It will allow certain browser plugins such as Flash to run on older devices as well as the iPad, at speeds that can not be achieved on the local browsers.

Steve Perlman also told OnLiveFans that the company is working with every major game publisher in the world to bring their games to the cloud video game system. He hinted at the idea that we will eventually see all the major publishers on OnLive, but it takes time to work out deals.

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive OnLive, Inc.
    Can't go back in time with this deal. Use code "BRAID75" for 75% OFF Braid! First 30 to use the code get the deal! #onlivesale
    Makes it $2.49

Facebook deal in about 90 minutes.

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive
    This one's a "Split / Second" deal. First 30 people to use the code "30OFFSPLIT" get 30% off Disney's arcade style racer!
    OnLive OnLive, Inc.
    First 30 people who use the code "SPLIT30" get to take 30% off Split / Second. Disney's awesome arcade style racer! #onlivesale

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive OnLive, Inc.
    1/2 off of Mx vs ATV for the first 30 who use the code "50MXVSATV". #onlivesale
    meh...

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Offers Assassin’s Creed II Free with Purchase of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

Just getting off a weekend in which OnLive gave away large discounts to many Twitter and Facebook followers, they begin this week with yet another offer. Between now and July 31, at 11:59 PM PT, OnLive is offering Assassin’s Creed II for free with the purchase of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is one of the more popular games on the cloud video game system. OnLive gamers seem to really enjoy playing the multiplayer version of the game. It has received a user rating of 4.5 / 5 and has a metascore of 88, which ranks it close to the top of all the games available on the system.

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood normally sells for $39.99, and Assassin’s Creed II is $19.99. With this sale you get both games for the price of one. To take part in this offer, simply sign-in or signup now at OnLive.com. Launch the OnLive app, go to the marketplace and purchase a Full PlayPass for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood. You will then receive an email with a coupon code for Assassin’s Creed II.

Thanks
    EP Points

Muse Games is Bringing ‘CreaVures’ and Possibly ‘Guns of Icarus’ to OnLive

It has been confirmed that Muse Games, an indie game company known for games such as CreaVures, Bob Came in Pieces, Jetlan, Make Bouncy Bouncy, Guns of Icarus, and Elementia is working with OnLive to get some of their games on the service.

We asked Howard Tsao, Muse Games’ CEO if it was in fact true that they were working with OnLive.

“Yeah we are working on porting Creavures to OnLive,” responded Tsao. “OnLive has been great! I met Mr. (Chris) Donahue (Director of Publisher Relations at OnLive) at GDC and had a great time talking with him, and following up with the OnLive team subsequently. They’ve been very straightforward and supportive throughout the process, and they made the decision to distribute Creavures very fast. ”

So what is CreaVures? Here is the explanation given by Muse Games:

creavures

CreaVures is a puzzle-platformer set in a magical forest. You play as five different “Creavures,” tiny mythical creatures that each have a unique natural ability, to be used alone or in tandem to solve platforming puzzles. Ultimately your Creavures must travel deep into the dying forest to gather essence and restore the light.

According to Howard Tsao, “CreaVures will be the first game made by the Unity game engine, to be on OnLive.”

He went on to explain that the integration took a bit longer than they had originally anticipated, and said that they had to trail blaze the integration and API work.

When should we expect to see CreaVures on OnLive? According to Tsao, it should be on the service sometime in August.

We asked if Muse Games plans on putting any of their other games on the OnLive service.

“We’ll start with Creavures obviously, and hope to bring Guns of Icarus and Guns of Icarus Online (a current working title) on in the future,” explained Tsao.

Muse Games makes several very fun games, which OnLive users would surely welcome on to the system. Another question we asked Mr. Tsao was if CreaVures would be in the PlayPack, or if it would be sold individually.

“We’ll work with OnLive to decide that before launch, so I’m not exactly certain at the moment,” said Tsao. “We’re definitely excited about the prospect of a PlayPack offering. We just haven’t finalized it with OnLive yet, as I’m sure they’ll have an opinion on the matter.”

Tsao went on to say how much potential that OnLive has shown. While he didn’t see it overtaking traditional console gaming anytime soon, he did mention how he loves the idea of OnLive moving to mobile devices.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I liked OnLive until I found out I couldnt buy games with PayPal.
    So much for that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Well, I liked OnLive until I found out I couldnt buy games with PayPal.
    So much for that.
    Get the Paypal debit card. Works like a Visa, uses Paypal funds.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get the Paypal debit card. Works like a Visa, uses Paypal funds.
    Orly?

Thanks
    EP Points

Orly?
    Yep. I have one and I use it everywhere. (providing I have funds in my account)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep. I have one and I use it everywhere.
    Apparently, I haven't been a member for 60 days...

Hrmmm...

Thanks
    EP Points

Apparently, I haven't been a member for 60 days...

Hrmmm...
    I don't know the specifics of qualifications...I've had mine for years.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know the specifics of qualifications...I've had mine for years.
    I could've sworn i've had this account for longer than that.
    I opened it not long after i opened my bank account...which was like....8 months ago...