Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    so im loving onlive, did i see a gamercard thing somewhere?

100 games free for the first 3 months including

Alpha Protocol
    Arkam Asylum
    Boarderlands

OMG Onlive rocks

DARKLINKY77 add me now
    No gamercards yet. I made one for myself, but it got old changing the game I was playing all the time...

Added

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    No gamercards yet. I made one for myself, but it got old changing the game I was playing all the time...

Added
    Awesome We should play some boarderlands sometime dude.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    Awesome We should play some boarderlands sometime dude.
    I really need to try out the multi on OnLive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I really need to try out the multi on OnLive.
    Yeah me too, i only got online 2day so bin mucking around with a few games, but obviously you guyz r the only ones i know with it too lol. Gimme a holla if you eva wanna multi it up

Thanks
    EP Points

OddWorld is Bringing ‘Abe’s Oddysee’, ‘Abe’s Exoddus’ and ‘Stranger’s Wrath’ to OnLive
    By: Brian Krassenstein

There is some great news coming from the fictional universe of Oddworld. Game developer Oddworld Inhabitants, a known content partner of OnLive, will be releasing 3 of their hit games to the cloud gaming service. Better yet, it seems as though this will be sooner rather than later.

We asked the famous “Alf” of Oddworld if they had plans to bring any of their games to OnLive anytime soon.

“All three released Oddworld games that are as-yet unpublished on OnLive (Abe’s Oddysee, Abe’s Exoddus and Stranger’s Wrath) are currently in the hands of OnLive,” responded Alf. “I expect they’ll put them up as soon as they’ve passed their own internal processes and requirements.”

These are all classic games, that were published as far back as 1997, but still to this day, are the favorites of many gamers.

ABE’S ODDYSEE

This game was originally released back in 1997. Here is a brief synopsis of the game courtesy of Games Magazine & Oddworld:

Selected by the fickle finger of fate, Abe, floor-waxer first class for RuptureFarms, was catapulted into a life of adventure when he overheard plans by his boss, Molluck the Glukkon, to turn Abe and his fellow Mudokons into Tasty Treats as part of a last-ditch effort to rescue Molluck’s failing meat-packing empire.

During his escape from RuptureFarms, Abe received a vision from the mysterious Big Face, showing Abe that he must not only rescue his fellow Mudokons, but also protect all of Oddworld’s creatures from the predatory Magog Cartel.

After completing arduous Temple trials, and journeying across a wasteland with his faithful Elum, Abe was granted the awesome power of the Shrykull. Returning to RuptureFarms, Abe destroyed the foul slaughterhouse, rescued his buddies, and brought down some righteous lightning on top of Molluck’s pointy head.

ABE’S EXODDUS

This game was orginally released in 1998. Here is a brief synopsis of the game courtesy of GamePro & Oddworld:

Abe’s peaceful retirement was shattered when visited by a vision from the Three Weirdos. Abe learned the Magog Cartel was mining Necrum, the sacred Mudokon city of the dead, to collect bones to make super-addictive SoulStorm Brew.

After freeing the Mudokon spirits imprisoned in the Mudanchee and Mudomo Vaults, Abe gained scary powers from the Weirdos, including the ability to heal his Mudokon friends of SoulStorm addiction, and the power to turn invisible. Infiltrating the transportation hub of FeeCo Depot, and using explosive farts to survive adventures at the Slig Barracks and Bonewerks, Abe broke into SoulStorm Brewery.

There Abe learned the truth behind the secret ingredient of SoulStorm Brew . . . just before blasting the place to atoms with the combined power of the sobered-up Mudokon he’d rescued. Then Abe joined his brew-addled pals at Alf’s Rehab & Tea to take the cure – the journey of a lifetime starts with one step. Or is it twelve?

STRANGER’S WRATH

This game was originally released in 2005. Here is a brief synopsis of the game courtesy of Edge Magazine & Oddworld:

Tall, dark, and passive-aggressive, a Stranger is lured out of routine bounty hunting by the prospect of a one time, bounty-to-end-all bounties moolah maker. He’s got a short but pricey personal shopping list and he’s finally found a way to check it off.

With his moolah on his mind, our Stranger travels from town to town facing off with mentally challenged Outlaws, violently ignorant Clakkerz, and paranoid, relic-hiding native Grubbs. Welcome to the Mongo River Valley, the irony mining capital of the continent.

Upstream is Sekto Springs, the bottled water company suckling the life out of the valley. Mr. Sekto has damned the river and the habitat it sustains. A collector of rare Steef heads, Sekto has put word out that he’s in the market for Steef. These majestic beasts once roamed the Mongo River Valley in great herds, but now their scarcity makes each one an extravagant prize. High atop the springs at Sekto Springs Dam, the slimy prima donna waits impatiently for the Steef bounty to be delivered.

Armed with his trusty double-barrel crossbow and a pack full of Live Ammo, Stranger is ready to deliver said bounty when a humbling incident with the local outlaws serves as a severe reminder of what it means not only to hunt, but also to be hunted. The prospect of being filleted brings many changes to an inhabitant. Changes that even modern Vykker science cannot duplicate! Not one to pose as garnish, he makes it up to Sekto Springs all right, but Sekto and his Wolvarks get their Steef served up with a frothy can of whoop arse, prepared by our beloved hombre-sin-nombre. Yes folks, Oddworld just got Stranger.

Thanks
    EP Points

Zen Studios Hints that Pinball FX 2 May Come to OnLive Soon
    By: Ed Krassenstein

Last evening, a Twitter user named James Jarvis tweeted, “I think PinballFX2 should come out on OnLive. I think it will be great and sell well with the table add-ons.”

This message was sent to Zen Studios, the game’s developer. OnLiveFans.com writer Ryan DeJonghe then tweeted back saying, “I love PinballFX, but I don’t think Zen Studios has OnLive on their radar right now; especially since it isn’t on the PC.”

Surprisingly, Zen Studios responded to Ryan, and James, saying, “@OnLive. Actually guys, don’t be surprised if you see this in the too distant future

Pinball FX 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Pinball FX. It offers many improvements, including graphics and several new features. It also includes a new set of Achievements, as well as worldwide scoreboards, and multiplayer tournaments. All of these things should go well with OnLive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dead Island Appears to be Delayed Until December at the Earliest for OnLive
    By: Alan Blankenship

We reported previously that Dead Island would be delayed on OnLive. First it was delayed until October, then it was pushed back to November. Now it appears as though we probably won’t see the game released until, at the earliest, December.

We contacted Jon Schutts of Deepsilver last week, and he returned our message last night.

He stated, “I received an update from production today that the OnLive version is still on hold until the next round of patches for existing platforms are out as well as the DLC. This will be done throughout the month of November so if you check in end of November or early December, I may have more information for you on an expected OnLive release date.”

While the game is still coming to OnLive, it appears as though we will have to continue to wait. Once we see this game released, we should hopefully begin to see more games from Deep Silver arriving closer to their release dates, if they continue to work with OnLive. The good news here is that it sounds as though OnLive will be receiving the patched version of the game, which might work out for the best in the end.

Thanks
    EP Points

I Forgot how good the abe games were, then i started played munchs odessy on onlive. So for me strangers Wrath cannot come quick enough. DIdnt finish it the first time round on Xbox so yeah, im excited.

Thanks
    EP Points

Divinity 2 Pretty good RPG 70 pence WOW WOW WOW

Thanks
    EP Points

The Holiday season is here, and OnLive is making a major announcement about what they are offering. OnLive is known for their extreme discounts and sales, and they are at it yet again with this official offer.

From OnLive:

OnLive is bringing on-demand cheer to households across the country this holiday season with gift packages at several price points, from $10 to $160. A revolutionary new way to play video games, OnLive harnesses the power of the cloud to deliver incredible, instant, on-demand gaming experiences over most home Internet connections, with the simplicity of streaming video. Technophiles and kids, hard-core and casual gamers can simply log in to their free OnLive account and play the latest video games on virtually any device they own: PCs, Macs, iOS and Android-based tablets (available later this year), and HDTVs with the OnLive(R) Game System.

With premium games from top publishers launching this month, including Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Batman: Arkham City, L.A. Noire, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Saints Row: The Third, the OnLive Game Service has something for everyone. OnLive is also offering several holiday gift bundle options to suit everyone’s list.

Holiday gift bundles include:

–From $10 to $50 – A choice of games from top-tier video game
    publishers to give as gifts to new or existing OnLive customers — the
    gift of instant gaming, anytime, anywhere!

–From $10 to $99 – A 1-, 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription to the OnLive
    PlayPack bundle, OnLive’s most popular offering. The best deal in
    gaming, the OnLive PlayPack offers unlimited access to a steadily
    growing library of 100+ hot games, plus exclusive discounts on all
    OnLive games and accessories!

–$119.99 – The OnLive Game System bundled with a coupon code for an
    OnLive game of the recipient’s choice. Featuring the award-winning
    OnLive MicroConsole and Wireless Game Controller, the OnLive Game
    System hooks up to any HDTV to bring the gift of instant, on-demand
    gaming to the biggest screen in the house!

–$159.99 – The OnLive Game System bundled with a 1-year subscription to
    OnLive’s ever-growing PlayPack bundle. Includes OnLive’s award-winning
    MicroConsole and Wireless Game Controller for direct hookup to any
    HDTV, unlimited access to a growing library of 100+ hot games, plus
    exclusive PlayPack member discount promotions — a gift that gives all
    year round!

WHY: OnLive is helping holiday shoppers give the gift of instant gaming that can be enjoyed by anyone, anytime, anywhere. Compatible with virtually any PC, Mac, HDTV (via the OnLive Game System) and soon iPad and Android tablets, OnLive makes playing the hottest games as simple as playing a streaming video. Whether the recipient is a gaming enthusiast or a casual gamer, OnLive offers the latest titles hassle-free for everyone.

WHEN: Beginning November 17, 2011

WHERE: http://www.onlive.com/gift (Live on November 17 at 3 p.m. Pacific Time)

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty cool. I just logged into onlive and have been given another 10+ games in my playpack bundle RESULT. Its really is a good service, wish more of the people i know were on it for some multiplayer shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

I would have to get a visa gift card or something before I can buy anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

Viva Media is Bringing Over 2 Dozen Games to OnLive – Including the Crazy Machines Franchise
    By: Ralph Moran

We just got word from Andrew Emond, of Viva Media, that the OnLive content partner is ready to make a huge splash on the service. The publisher has already ported and submitted 2 dozen games, to OnLive for review.

The list of games includes some really popular titles, as well as some lesser known ones. The big franchise that many OnLive gamers should be excited to see is the Crazy Machines series. OnLive should be getting all 3 of the games from the franchise.

Here is the entire list of games that Viva Media has submitted to OnLive.

Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    Alter Ego
    Black Mirror 2
    Black Mirror 3
    Blue Ribbon Show Jumper
    Crazy Machines 1
    Crazy Machines 1.5
    Crazy Machines 2
    Doggie Daycare
    Gray Matter
    Happy Tails Animal Shelter
    Helldorado
    Horsecamp
    Mahjongg 4 Deluxe
    Mata Hari
    My Boyfriend
    OOTP Baseball 11
    Pet Vet 3D Animal Hospital
    Pet Vet 3D Down Under
    Riding Stables 2
    Riding Star
    The Omega Stone
    The Whispered World
    Wild Animal Hospital

On top of seeing Crazy Machines come to OnLive, it looks as though we will also see Black Mirror 2 & 3 sometime in the near future. We will also be seeing another baseball game (OOTP Baseball 11), which takes managing your own team to a whole new level. There will also be plenty of family oriented and kids games coming to the service from Viva Media, as well as games for animal lovers.

While these games have been submitted to OnLive, there is no word on when they will go live on the service. OnLive must first review the games, and check them for bugs. In addition to the list above, we were also notified that there are even more games to come from Viva Media.

Thanks
    EP Points

3 Weeks of Fallout: OnLive to Add 3 Fallout Games in 3 Weeks
    By: Ed Krassenstein

OnLive launched “Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game” in their unlimited play PlayPack last night. This was great news to gamers’ ears, by itself. However, there is more good news to go along with this.

OnLive also announced, in their showcase, that they are having a “3 Weeks of Fallout” promotion. They will be releasing a different Fallout game for the next 3 weeks. The only question that remains is, “Which is the 3rd game?”

At the Eurogamer Expo in September, OnLive announced a list of games that would be coming to the service in the near future. It included Fallout Tactics and Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game. However, it did not include a third Fallout title.

This leads many to believe that we could see Fallout 3 released as the third game, but nothing has been confirmed, and there are other possibilities that seem more likely. Fallout 2 (1998) is possible, as well as Fallout: New Vegas (2010). We will see one of these games, released as the third title in the “3 Weeks of Fallout” promotion. However, it is anyone’s guess which game it will be.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll Wager its Fallout 2

Its just a shame people are using onlive for this one given any computer thats internet capable can run it