Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Launches In UK with Huge Electronic Arts Surprise + 30 More Coming Soon Game Titles

We were teased and tormented for months about what OnLive’s launch in the United Kingdom meant. Fans everywhere were aligning the stars and interpreting hidden messages from random Tweets. For many, September 22 couldn’t arrive soon enough. That day has finally arrived and OnLive has delivered with a great big hug and kiss. After many, many questions, e-mails, chain-letters, and Twitter campaigns, the first Electronic Arts games since OnLive’s official launch will be arriving.

Among a list of impressive titles from many publishers, OnLive fans everywhere can expect to play EA’s Bulletstorm. This game has been given lavish praise from critics with an average Metacritic score of 84 out of 100. Some critic remarks include; “An exceptional shooter brimming with personality and originality” and “Bulletstorm will be a humorous, tongue-in-cheek romp that distinguishes itself from the other samey sci-fi or military shooters clogging up the genre.”

Coming Soon Games:
    - Assassin’s Creed Revelations
    - Assault Heroes 2
    - Batman: Arkham City
    - Bulletstorm
    - Call of Juarez: The Cartel
    - Civilization V
    - Driver: San Francisco
    - F1 2011
    - Fallout Tactics
    - Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
    - Football Manager 2012
    - From Dust
    - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
    - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
    - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    - Limbo
    - Might & Magic: Heroes VI
    - MLB 2K11
    - NBA 2K12
    - Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    - Orcs Must Die
    - Red Bull X Fighters, International Freestyle Motorcross
    - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
    - Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
    - Saints Row the Third
    - Sniper: Ghost Warrior
    - Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
    - Trine 2
    - Wargame: European Escalation

Thanks
    EP Points

so after talking to sprung last night I decided to give onlive a try. Must say i'm impressed with it so far the only thing I've noticed was when demoing bio shock earlier i was having "mouse lag" but the controls and video were still smooth, could it be a server sync issue?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

$5 Friday
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    EP Points

WiFi MicroConsole & OnLive for Xperia Play?

OnLive Game System with WiFi Enabled

This is something that many OnLive users have been requesting for quite some time. The current OnLive MicroConsole, that ships with the game system does not have the ability to run off of WiFi, without additional equipment. The reason for this is because when OnLive first launched they only wanted gamers to play via a wired connection, because of latency issues. However, now the algorithm has been enhanced, and OnLive can run almost just as well off of slower connections, as well as off of WiFi. Apparently they are working on releasing a new MicroConsole that has the ability to connect via WiFi.

The Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone) & OnLive?

The Xperia Play, which is a Sony smartphone that runs Android operating system, and has a slide out gamepad, would be a perfect fit for OnLive. Of course Sony might be opposed to it, but we don’t know for sure. According to Andy, Mr. Srinivasan said that OnLive has been doing many experiments with the Xperia Play. Could we perhaps see OnLive be made available for this Sony Smartphone? Anythng is possible. Android is an open source operating system, but Sony would probably have to reach some sort of agreement with Onlive for the service to work on the device.
    *note: Sony would not have to approve of OnLive for Xperia Play. They have no control over Android apps.

Thanks
    EP Points

When OnLive planned to launch their cloud gaming service in the United Kingdom, they had hoped for a good response. Hoping was all they could do, as no one could know for sure how the official launch would actually go.

Within hours of OnLive launching in the UK, some users began noticing that there were issues connecting to the service. Many users had to wait because the servers were overloaded with gamers.

In a recent interview with GamerZines, OnLive VP of Games & Media, John Spinale said, “So far (demand has) been overwhelming. The intro promotion’s pretty strong.”

Those intro promotions are in fact very appealing. British Telecommunications customers all receive the OnLive PlayPack free for 3 months. This means that they have access to over 100 games free of charge. On top of this, because they are PlayPack members, they receive an additional 30% off discount toward any games or OnLive equipment, that they purchase outside of the PlayPack.
    All UK gamers can also get their first game for only £1 (for a limited time). Games such as F.E.A.R. 3, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Duke Nukem Forever, as well as many more AAA titles are included. Even if you have your doubts about OnLive, there is absolutely no reason not to purchase a game for only £1.

These two promotions coupled with the fact that OnLive gave away thousands of OnLive Game Systems (valued at £69.99) at the EuroGamer Expo, makes OnLive’s launch in the UK extremely attractive.

While there were some hiccups in the OnLive service in the UK, due to the fact that so many gamers signed up at once, most of these issues are being resolved, if they haven’t already.

“It’s a little unexpected demand which is a high-class problem to have,” said Spinale. “Similar to when the Wii launched, it’s inventory problems but we’re pretty rapidly smoothing all of that out.”

Smoothing it out, they are. Just by searching for “OnLive” on Twitter, you can see that there are less and less problems occurring within the service, as time goes on. We are seeing tweets that say things such as:

“I had my doubts, but OnLive really does work.”

“OnLive is Witchcraft…. They make the impossible possible.”

“If you haven’t tried OnLive yet, you have to at least check it out!”

The United Kingdom has really taken a liking to OnLive, as the service plans on spreading throughout Europe and Asia next.

Thanks
    EP Points

Confirmed: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition is Coming to OnLive on November 8
    By: Brian Krassenstein

During the EuroGamer Expo, Steve Perlman briefly mentioned that L.A. Noire, a game from Rockstar Games would be coming to OnLive. Today, it has been officially confirmed by RockStar that L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition will in fact be released for OnLive on November 8, 2011 in the US and November 11, 2011 in the UK.

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition will include a multi-use code to access all the previously released downloadable content from the console versions, including the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case, the “Reefer Madness” Vice case, “The Consul’s Car” Traffic case, “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case.

This is big news for OnLive, because this also means that we could perhaps see more games from Rockstar Games make an appearance on the service in the future.

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Game Spectating May Get Interesting: Rewinding Video, Commentators & More?
    By: Alan Blankenship

One aspect that OnLive has, which is totally unique in the gaming industry, is the ability to spectate. OnLive game spectating allows people to watch as their friends or complete strangers play certain games. This is all done through the OnLive arena, where people can browse through different games that are currently being played.

OnLive Spectating

While spectating, viewers have the ability to do several things, including:
    - Give the player a thumbs up (cheer) or a thumbs down (jeer).
    - Add the player to the viewer’s friends list.
    - Send the player a message (if they are already a friend).
    - Voice chat with the player.

As OnLive seems to be blurring the lines between TV viewing and video spectating, the company appears to be on the verge of adding even more features.

In an interview that BeefJack had with OnLive’s Vice President of Games and Media, John Spinale, we learn about a few new aspect that may come to the service’s game spectating in the future.

In discussing the OnLive spectating feature, Spinale said:

“I think we’ll see that now [that] we’ve got all this working, we’ll start to marry [it] with more functionality to broaden the appeal. For example, the concept of curation, so that a celebrity could narrate what’s going on, so that all the spectators have a bit of context. That and other stuff can really start to turn the viewing experience into a more collaborative experience. That’s where I think it’s going to really turn into a whole other thing.”

The idea of adding features such as commentary to game spectating could be what really makes the feature something that gamers and non-gamers would be interested in watching.

When asked about the possibility of having in game commentary and audience interaction during game tournaments, Spinale explained:

“None of it’s live today – but you can imagine I have a tablet version of OnLive where I can mark up information like on a chalkboard, while someone’s playing. Or if say someone scores a really cool goal, I can rewind it and point out to the viewer how this other guy is way out of position over here, using the tablet to interact with the television feed. You can have voice chat on with someone who’s a well-known celebrity commentator, who is pointing details like that out in real-time, in the game space. So you’re right – it helps turn games into a broadcast medium.”

Of course this would be a bit complicated as far as assigning the commentators, but in time, it could conceivably be worked out. Just as websites such as Youtube and Justin.tv allow people to have their own “channels”, could OnLive do something similar?

Spinal went on to explain:

“That was the beginning of the thought process, but once we realized that, ‘OK, the platform allows us to do so many different things because now everything is up in the data center and streamed as video,’ then your mind begins to go on to this other dimension and asking: ‘What does that really mean?’ It becomes another media type like movies, music and television – games could be broadcast out like them, so what can we do with that?”

“You can take these kinds of live events and make it more exciting, accessible and deeper than if you were just looking over someone’s shoulder.”

Could we really be on the verge of having a real live video game television option, whereas there are commentators, live tournaments that thousands of people could watch, and more? It certainly seems as though this is something OnLive is strongly considering.

OnLive multiplayer tournaments are both fun to play and fun to watch, but imagine adding in a commentator who could make the viewing experience even more interesting.

Thanks

While I admit that the OnLive concept intrigues me, the fact is I don't see myself really playing any of the games they offer currently except maybe Unreal Tournament. Even that's unlikely due to the fact that I have school and tons of other games besides. If they had tons more games licensed (and better ones, with more variety than they have now...) I'd consider it. Hell, if they had a classic game room (maye even allowing netplay) I'd be all over this evend espite the fact that I can emulate for free. It's good to see a company out there trying something new though, more power to them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lumian View Post
    While I admit that the OnLive concept intrigues me, the fact is I don't see myself really playing any of the games they offer currently except maybe Unreal Tournament. Even that's unlikely due to the fact that I have school and tons of other games besides. If they had tons more games licensed (and better ones, with more variety than they have now...) I'd consider it. Hell, if they had a classic game room (maye even allowing netplay) I'd be all over this evend espite the fact that I can emulate for free. It's good to see a company out there trying something new though, more power to them.
    Actually they offer a wide variety of games, and if you want to play a game on your PC, but your comp's not powerful enough, and you have a decent internet connection, you can play the games lag free, highest settings, at 720p

Thanks
    EP Points

sprung just curious, will you be posting about the offers from the UK version aswell? If not i dont mind doing so
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    sprung just curious, will you be posting about the offers from the UK version aswell? If not i dont mind doing so
    If you would like to post the UK deals, that would be great. I don't have access to the UK emails, so the only way I can find out is to read the OnLiveFans forum.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    If you would like to post the UK deals, that would be great. I don't have access to the UK emails, so the only way I can find out is to read the OnLiveFans forum.
    Ok then , well im gonna subscribe to their mailing list now and ill be sure to post here
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Games That Are Coming Soon: A list of confirmed games and their trailers
    By: Ed Krassenstein

OnLive coming soonOver the course of the last few months, we have been come up with a rather long list of titles that have been confirmed to be coming to OnLive, either by OnLive themselves or by publishers/developers that we have been in contact with. Many of these games were announced just recently at the EuroGamer Expo in London. There are certainly more games that will be appearing on the OnLive service, other than the ones listed here, however nothing else has been confirmed yet. OnLive CEO and Founder Steve Perlman told us in an interview a few months ago that we can expect to see close to 1,000 games on the service by the end of 2012. Here is the list of confirmed titles:

3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 (Confirmed by the game’s Developer)

Air Forte (Confirmed by the game’s developer)

Assassins Creed Revelations (Confirmed by OnLive)

Assault Heroes 2 (Confirmed by OnLive and Developer)

Atom Zombie Smasher (Confirmed by the game’s developer)

Avadon: The Black Fortress (Confirmed by the game’s developer)

Batman: Arkham City (Confirmed by OnLive)

Borderlands 2 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Bulletstorm (Confirmed by OnLive)

Call of Juarez The Cartel (Confirmed by OnLive)

Civilization V (Confirmed by OnLive)

CreaVures (Confirmed by game’s publisher)

Dead Island (Confirmed by OnLive)

Deep Black (Confirmed by the game’s developer)

Driver: San Francisco (Confirmed by OnLive)

Dungeon Siege 3 (Confirmed by OnLive)

F1 2011 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Fallout Tactics (Confirmed by OnLive)

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game (Confirmed by OnLive)

Flotilla (Confirmed by game’s developer)

Football Manager 2012 (Confirmed by OnLive, but there the publisher doesn’t seem to want to confirm it yet.)

From Dust (Confirmed by OnLive)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Confirmed by OnLive)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Inversion (Confirmed by OnLive)

L.A. Noire (Confirmed by Rockstar Games)

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5–7 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Limbo (Confirmed by OnLive)

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (Confirmed by OnLive)

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World (Confirmed by the game’s developer)

Might and Magic: Heroes VI (Confirmed by OnLive)

MLB 2K11 (Confirmed by OnLive)

NBA 2K12 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (Confirmed by OnLive)

Orcs Must Die (Confirmed by OnLive)

Red Bull X Fighters, International Freestyle Motorcross (Confirmed by OnLive)

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad (Confirmed by OnLive)

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Saints Row the Third (Confirmed by OnLive)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior (Confirmed by OnLive)

SpaceChem (Confirmed by game’s developer)

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Confirmed by OnLive)

The Haunted: Hell’s Reach (Confirmed by OnLive)

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Confirmed by OnLive)

Trine 2 (Confirmed by OnLive)

Wargame: European Escalation (Confirmed by OnLive)

Thanks
    EP Points

Bastion, Magicka, LIMBO & More are Coming to OnLive This Fall
    By: Ed Krassenstein

OnLive is taking part in the IndieCade and GDC Online this coming week, and they are announcing that 6 new upcoming indie titles will be added to their library of 150+ Games.

The 6 new titles that will be arriving for OnLive sometime this fall include:
    - Orcs Must Die, a twist on traditional strategy games from Robot Entertainment
    - LIMBO, the captivating puzzle game from Danish developers Playdead, which has won more than 90 awards to date
    - Magicka, an action-adventure based on Norse mythology from Paradox Interactive
    - Bastion, a stunning and imaginative RPG from Supergiant Games
    - Space Chem, a futuristic design-based puzzle game by Zachtronic Industries
    - Avadon: The Black Fortress, Spiderweb Software’s addictive new fantasy game.

“OnLive has long been a supporter of independent publishers,” stated OnLive VP of Games & Media John Spinale. “Simply put, they’re making some really great, innovative games these days. We love bringing amazing new experiences to our OnLive members, and also helping innovative developers get their ideas out to a larger, more diverse audience of gamers. Win-win.”

OnLive already has games from 11 different independent game publishers on the service, with games such as Braid, World of Goo, The Maw, and Trine. Trine 2 is also in the work according to the games publisher.

“The OnLive Game Service offers a unique opportunity for independent publishers to easily distribute a single version their games across all platforms at once,” said Steve Perlman, OnLive Founder and CEO. “A single simple port to OnLive renders games instantly available on TVs, PCs, Macs and soon iPad® and Android® tablets internationally.”

On Saturday October 8 (tomorrow), OnLive will be hosting a happy hour event at IndieCade. It will allow developers to get familiar with the service, while enjoying drinks on OnLive. OnLive will also be giving away 250 OnLive Game Systems as prizes throughout the show.

Thanks
    EP Points

sprung just wondering where do you get these updates from, your emails? or is it a website?
    *Computer Specs*