Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Religious games and their Impact

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Religious games and their Impact

Hello and welcome

Hey again .. This thread is going to be about games that support religious no matter what they are
    i dont think thats fair cuz games are for children in all over the world
    u cant use games to manipulate their minds and put such an idea or something ..

what do you think about this !!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There hasn't been a single game based on religion that's been very good. Doesn't help that they were either poor pirate style carts or just flat out rip offs of other games, like Legend of Zelda.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i call theme copycats ... cuz the use popular game ad put those stuff even without noticing that they are there
    thanx for sharing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    There hasn't been a single game based on religion that's been very good. Doesn't help that they were either poor pirate style carts or just flat out rip offs of other games, like Legend of Zelda.
    I disagree. Overly preachy games have almost never been good, but games heavily inspired by religious sensibilities have often been quite good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I disagree. Overly preachy games have almost never been good, but games heavily inspired by religious sensibilities have often been quite good.
    This. Huge example, Shin Megami tensei. Almost every demon in it is from a religion of sorts, and there is two religions with different views on the world, and you have o choose.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

And who says games are for children?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

El Shaddai is pretty nifty.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that think violence or suggestive themes don't belong in games. Children wouldn't be 'at risk' of anything if parents restricted what they allow their children to play.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 27th-June-2011 at 00:46.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I'm not talking about games with elements inspired by religion, I mean actually religious games. As in, made by a religious group to promote their religion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not talking about games with elements inspired by religion, I mean actually religious games. As in, made by a religious group to promote their religion.
    I know of no such games.

Thanks

I must say, I do not know such games either, the ones that are purely created to support some religous views.

IMO religion leaders and religion heads consider such way of "implementing" holy words ridicule.

What would game like that look like, playing God or what? Or just a common believer.

Black and White is a version for itself, but not a direct connection to any religion whatsoever.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I know of no such games.
    There are several, actually. Mostly for the NES. Though, as I said, they were pirate style, as in not officially licensed. They were blue carts.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are several, actually. Mostly for the NES. Though, as I said, they were pirate style, as in not officially licensed. They were blue carts.
    It's HIGHLY unlikely that a kid would be playing unlicensed NES games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    It's HIGHLY unlikely that a kid would be playing unlicensed NES games.
    You would think that, but given how these are Christian games made for, by and to convert the people, they would have gotten into the hands of kids through the evil underground... um... Christian pirate trade. or something. Anyway, the biggest was a company called Wisdom Tree, which basically made a Zelda 1 rip off called Spiritual Warfare and platformers called King of Kings and Bible Adventures, some weird ass thing called Sunday Funday and, the weirdest of all, a DOOM style game called Super 3D Noah's Ark which was for the SNES. That also included something called Witch Hunt, which is basically Duck Hunt. But with witches.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You would think that, but given how these are Christian games made for, by and to convert the people, they would have gotten into the hands of kids through the evil underground... um... Christian pirate trade. or something. Anyway, the biggest was a company called Wisdom Tree, which basically made a Zelda 1 rip off called Spiritual Warfare and platformers called King of Kings and Bible Adventures, some weird ass thing called Sunday Funday and, the weirdest of all, a DOOM style game called Super 3D Noah's Ark which was for the SNES. That also included something called Witch Hunt, which is basically Duck Hunt. But with witches.
    Something tells me the number of children that decided they want to be Christian after playing those games is slim to none. Have any games to mention that promote other religions?
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 27th-June-2011 at 01:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's a 'good' example of a video-game used for 'spreading the word of God' - Bibleman:A Fight For Faith

Notice the total crapiness of it.
    Last edited by Baumshlager; 27th-June-2011 at 04:47.