Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [PS2-Emu] PCSX2 0.9.9 Updated! (Complete w/ BIOS, Tools & Patches) + BIOS Collection

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm talking about my PCSX2 upload, not the BIOS package. The BIOS package is just for collectors and not needed for my PCSX2 upload.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

is this instant play when i download the 152 mb package? or i need to find bios?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by countphantom View Post
    is this instant play when i download the 152 mb package? or i need to find bios?
    it is pretty much instant play it does require a little setup but the bios is right there you just have to select the 1 from your region.

thanks messiahgov I really like this version i get 40 fps in suikoden 5 where with 0.9.8 I got 15 I should mention I'm on an amd semperon single core with 2 GB of ram and an amd m880g graphics chipset on my laptop

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    it is pretty much instant play it does require a little setup but the bios is right there you just have to select the 1 from your region.

thanks messiahgov I really like this version i get 40 fps in suikoden 5 where with 0.9.8 I got 15 I should mention I'm on an amd semperon single core with 2 GB of ram and an amd m880g graphics chipset on my laptop
    wow thats real nice haha i to have noticed a difference in playing final fantasy X (the only game ive played properly on the emu) i ran at 60 fps before but with a big slowdown in the calm lands and when certain spells or colours were shown (fire colours mainly) and its improved alot its well worth the download
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Comuter Specs

Intel core i3 2.54hz
    4gb RAM
    Intel HD graphics
    Direct X 11
    Win 7 x64

this this good enough to run the emulator ?

Thanks
    EP Points

how many cores is the I3? also you have an intergrated chipset, so that will cause you some slowdown but if your processor is at least a dual for id say you'd be good to go, best advice i can give you is just download a game and try it
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by countphantom View Post
    Please DON'T download the big package, this is ONLY a BIOS collection for some people, if someone want. You do not need this package for the PCSX2 Emulator.

Just download the "20 MB" package (unpacked 88 MB) and everything should be fine. ^^ At the first start there will be a wizard which guides you a bit. Most of the time you just have to press Next there. ^^
    Last edited by messiahgov; 21st-July-2011 at 20:24.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to messiahgov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    how many cores is the I3? also you have an intergrated chipset, so that will cause you some slowdown but if your processor is at least a dual for id say you'd be good to go, best advice i can give you is just download a game and try it
    it depends, most i3 are Dual Cores, but you can find some high-end ones that are Quad cores...

PS: Thanks for the great archive! This makes emulation so much easier when you don't have to run around and find compatible plugins!
    Darn username I in 2008... Stuck with it until Sony decides to allow us to change usernames...

Thanks

Just curious on how far along this emulator has came in the last 2 years as far as FPS goes? I tried it 2 years ago with what was a decent PC back then, and at best I got 14 FPS on FFXII, and it slowed down to 8 during FMVs. And Rogue galaxy ran at an abysmal 5 FPS.

I got a free MC boot modded PS2, its not a big deal for me, but I am just curious if a higher end PC today can run this emu with at least stock PS2 FPS on these games?

Anyone get full FPS on FFXII? Or any other graphically intensive games?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post
    Just curious on how far along this emulator has came in the last 2 years as far as FPS goes? I tried it 2 years ago with what was a decent PC back then, and at best I got 14 FPS on FFXII, and it slowed down to 8 during FMVs. And Rogue galaxy ran at an abysmal 5 FPS.

I got a free MC boot modded PS2, its not a big deal for me, but I am just curious if a higher end PC today can run this emu with at least stock PS2 FPS on these games?

Double post ?

I can get full speed on FFXII, though I need to turn on frameskipping for more intensive parts. Rogue Galaxy runs somewhere around 30-40FPS without frameskipping (during battles). Zone of the Enders 2 is still abysmal.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post

Yes, if you really have a decent computer, and a good graphic card.
    Small fps drop may occur on some scenes, but that doesn't affect your gameplay or anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

Right now, PCSX2 seems to be made for FFXII, just the FMVs are "blicking" and are interlaced (deinterlacing will not help), but ingame it runs very smooth.

Don't forget to play with the Speedhacks before trying Frameskipping. As far as I know, even Gran Turismo 4 should run with the right configuration (there is a tutorial at the PCSX2 Forums).

A killer machine will run games better, but some games will be still in slowmotion, even with a high-end machine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by messiahgov View Post
    Right now, PCSX2 seems to be made for FFXII, just the FMVs are "blicking" and are interlaced (deinterlacing will not help), but ingame it runs very smooth.

Don't forget to play with the Speedhacks before trying Frameskipping. As far as I know, even Gran Turismo 4 should run with the right configuration (there is a tutorial at the PCSX2 Forums).

A killer machine will run games better, but some games will be still in slowmotion, even with a high-end machine.
    Zone of Enders 2.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Funny thing: not matter how many times I update my version of PCSX2, I always look for the lastest one for that little extra pump.

Anyway, I agree that the PCSX2 was made for mainly playing FXII, even with a medium machine, you can run it with decent speed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah seems so. ^^

BTW, Update to PCSX2 0.9.9-r4833

31-07-2011
    SVN-Release: updated PCSX2-SVN to 0.9.9-r4833
    Emulator EXE: updated pcsx2.exe 0.9.9-r4801 to 0.9.9-r4832
    Plugin: many plugin updates, as far as I can see many gamefixes aswell
    Tools: updated PS2Lunch 0.9b to 1.0a
    Miscellaneous: updated "GameIndex.dbf" with more new games