Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's a game you feel doesn't get the credit it deserves?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Oh, please.

Uncharted Waters 2 - New Horizons for the SNES. You can be a pirate, an adventurer or a freaking merchant back in the good old ages of shipsailing, pirating and world discovering. What more could one possibly want from a game? From starting out with a single crummy ship you build a huge fleet, probably, and pretty much conquer the world (in the name of whatever country you haven't pissed off). The six characters, all with different nationalites, goals and stories meet through-out the game and the key events - usually triggered by discovering/looting or trading more, depending on which character you are - and generally totally bitching awesome. Koei is so brilliant.
    That game you described seem to have a lot in common with Sid Meier's Pirates.

Thanks
    EP Points

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. That game was freaking awesome. One of the best musical rhythm platformers I had ever played andd definitely one of my favorites. I loved how they adapted the game to the Wii. The coolest thing to me was how much effort went into the combo system on that game and I imagine how much QA testing they had to do on it to get it right. And cryptically speaking the Donkey Kong Country series doesn't really get a lot of credit either it's usually something else. To me I feel the DKC series perfected the side-scrolling platformer genre. Donkey Kong 64 was another awesome title that didn't get a whole lot of credit. Sure the transition from snes to 64 wasn't all that smooth but the gameplay was catchy enough to keep even the most impatient person going with it.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

Legend of Dragoon, and before everyone starts saying it gets lots of Credit, Why no Remake?
    27 Years and Still Playing....

Thanks

Terranigma, simply because it's the best game on the SNES. And it only got a PAL release, so people in the Americas don't they even know about the game's existence.

It had AMAZING real time gameplay for that trilogy of Enix games, comprising of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. The first two were fine, but nothing great. Terranigma was the last game to be released of the three, and it seemed like they put 90% of their efforts in this one. The animations are incredible, the gameplay is flawless, and actually the inventory is even better than games like Secret of Mana. The only thing against it was that the translations weren't the greatest, and the story wasn't something of, say, FFVI. But it was certainly better than most SNES games, like Secret of Mana, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

The remake of Tales of Destiny on the PS2 comes to mind, for the simple reason that it was never released in English, and therefore many Tales fans don't even know of its existence. Which is a shame, because it's easily the best Tales game ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The remake of Tales of Destiny on the PS2 comes to mind, for the simple reason that it was never released in English, and therefore many Tales fans don't even know of its existence. Which is a shame, because it's easily the best Tales game ever.
    I know of it, but I can't play it because I don't know Japanese.
    Also, Asterix & the Great Rescue for the Genesis/Mega Drive (Might've had an SNES Release. Don't know)
    Great platformer, but difficult because of the short time limits, and the different kinds of bombs they have are interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Terranigma, simply because it's the best game on the SNES. And it only got a PAL release, so people in the Americas don't they even know about the game's existence.

It had AMAZING real time gameplay for that trilogy of Enix games, comprising of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. The first two were fine, but nothing great. Terranigma was the last game to be released of the three, and it seemed like they put 90% of their efforts in this one. The animations are incredible, the gameplay is flawless, and actually the inventory is even better than games like Secret of Mana. The only thing against it was that the translations weren't the greatest, and the story wasn't something of, say, FFVI. But it was certainly better than most SNES games, like Secret of Mana, etc.

One of my top SNES games ever. The only game that affected me so much that I got Terranigma wallpaper for my desktop. I liked all of the Gaia Trilogy, and they are all incredibly underrated.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Dragon Quest series. They've been huge sellers in Japan but only the 8th and 9th installments have sold respectably outside Japan. So, I ask: Why people? No really, why? Why don't you buy Dragon Quest? I'd love to hear about why you don't buy/like Dragon Quest.

Thanks

Because they embody all the standard cliches of JRPGs taken to ludicrous extremes. Pointlessly long, stuffed with filler grind and generic as fuck.

Thanks

That was a little harsh.

Thanks

yaya

Thanks

Legend of Legaia

Thanks

very true

Thanks

Resonance of Fate (aka End of Eternity) didn't get as much attention as I thought it would, but I haven't really looked into how well its sales have gone. Just seems no one's ever heard of it and I've been enjoying it quite a bit

As for older games, The Last Express

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    Resonance of Fate (aka End of Eternity) didn't get as much attention as I thought it would, but I haven't really looked into how well its sales have gone. Just seems no one's ever heard of it and I've been enjoying it quite a bit

As for older games, The Last Express
    It's a decent game; the battle system can be grating, though, I still like it.

I'd list some games I play but, I know most of them are niche games .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.