Thread: Problems getting Shining Force 3 to run

Thanks

Red face Problems getting Shining Force 3 to run

Hi all,

I've been wanting to play Shining Force 3 for a while, so I have downloaded the game from emuparadise and the emulators Satourne and yabause. Configuring Satourne was self-explainatory, and Yabause doesn't require any config at all. I downloaded the appropriate bios files for the Saturn and those work fine.

When i start up the game, the sega saturn screen loads fine, but then i get sent to a music player instead of the game. the shining force 3 game is in .bin/cue format. Shouldn't it have taken me to the game itself, instead of taking me to a music screen?

I have a computer that can run the games, i have a pentium 4 processor with a geforce 4 mx graphics card and 512 MB of memory. Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong, so I can play my shining force game?

Jared

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah you need SSF to play Shining Force 3 and most of the other Saturn games

You do however need to setup the region correctly for the games to boot (In all the emulators) the bios can be any but the region settings are in the emulator itself and need to be correct

Recomend
    SSF_009_alpha_R4 you can get that from here this is not the latest version but seems to work well for Shining Force III Episode 1 to 3 and the Premium Disc
    Daemon Tools Lite (Used to mount CD Images to a Virtual CD-Rom Drive) aquired from here

Again make sure the region settings in the emulator are setup correctly, this is not the bios settings or file, the bios can be from any region so long as the emulator itself has the correct setup for whatever region the game is from
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2011 at 10:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hello I'm new to the forums but I hope someone might help me out.
    I am having an issue trying to mount the Shining Force III.cue file on daemon tools lite to play on the new ssf emulator.
    when I try and mount it it keeps saying no image file found. I've tried both the Usa and the Europe version what should I do?
    I got the game from this site. if some one knows please email me at ErikHonestTuxedoGamer85 @yahoo.com

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Make sure SPTD drivers for Daemon tools is installed and make sure the drive is a SCSI drive not a DT drive

Make sure SSF is setup to the correct drive

P.S. next time just make your own thread

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR