Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS Vita, Aka, the PSP2/NGP is only $250!

Thanks

I'm buying this, for that price point, no reason not to, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd alone is already going to eclipse the time I put on my 3DS so far. The thing is collecting dust.

Thanks

i like to wait some time before buying new consoles. so i can find how good they deliver what they promise (ds 3d).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by T12av1S View Post
    I think you mean Microsoft...
    I think I mean both.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Only gonna buy if it's easy to hack and able to play PS2 isos.
    Wait...considering that it's SONY, it's gonna be easy to hack anyways
    2nd'd XD
    well that makes me wonder about the price point of the games, are they gonna be be the same price as games now? If they are then I would only buy one once it's hacked. Not because I hate developers, but I am poor as shit =(
    I bought a PSP and 3 games for it, it sat on my shelf for about...a year I think, then I learned you could mod them XD so I bought a pandora battery and my PSP got much more usage. I would love to do the same with this, but hopefully without total shit touch screen games, or if they have those, they also allow you to use normal controls.

Anyone find it weird that it seems nintendo is one step ahead of sony in the handheld market, but in the console market (as far as hardware goes) sony has the upperhand?
    DS -> Touch Screen
    PS3 -> 3D
    3DS -> 3D
    PS VIta -> Touch Screen

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lack of a UMD drive so I can play my nearly 30 games is a big turn off for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Lack of a UMD drive so I can play my nearly 30 games is a big turn off for me.
    Well the same thing happened with the PSP-Go (which apparently died off silently). I knew UMD was only gonna be used for that, so it sucks ass big time. Hopefully they come up with a way of running PSP games on this new system, then you can just rip your copies and play them on it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Which is why I bought a 3000 when my 2000 decided that it had enough of life and is slowly dying. If I have to intentionally modify my system in some way to play games I legally own because they assume I'll just rebuy them, then there's no point in buying their product.

Now, if the system has games that I want to play, I MIGHT get a Vita. After a revision or two. Because the first model is always to be avoided because the first public release is always little more than a glorified mass beta test.

Thanks

The only way I will by it is if a decent cfw comes out or a exploit. I notice some thing that is cool with the hardware specs is that you could possibly play a ds emulator on it. I liked the 3g spec on it. But I highly question the back touch screen (Imagen how are you to hold the thing and use a analog / d pad / buttons) and the last thing is the gps that is on the thing is it relay that necessary to track where you are. That is why we carry cell phones with us to check where we are at.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Master0122861 View Post
    The only way I will by it is if a decent cfw comes out or a exploit. I notice some thing that is cool with the hardware specs is that you could possibly play a ds emulator on it. I liked the 3g spec on it. But I highly question the back touch screen (Imagen how are you to hold the thing and use a analog / d pad / buttons) and the last thing is the gps that is on the thing is it relay that necessary to track where you are. That is why we carry cell phones with us to check where we are at.
    next they will track what you are doing lol. and psp vita is one letter off from microsoft vista

Thanks

I just wonder if the Vita will use UMD's or being a download only device? nd if the touch screen can be turned off? and if it still uses the XMB to search for stuff or will it be more like an ipad or somthing since it is touch now after all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Coffey View Post
    I just wonder if the Vita will use UMD's or being a download only device? nd if the touch screen can be turned off? and if it still uses the XMB to search for stuff or will it be more like an ipad or somthing since it is touch now after all.
    Its data only sadly. Once I found that out it made me so mad. I think the reason why the did that was to make room for the 2nd touch screen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    next they will track what you are doing lol. and psp vita is one letter off from microsoft vista
    the last word yes otherwise were like 10 letters off

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Coffey View Post
    DD and a new game card similar to what 3/DS uses. On the card the game is stored but all saves and add-ons like DLC will be stored on the game card. Games downloaded from PSN need to be stored on a memory card but it's not 100% confirmed what type of card it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Amazing price, decent enough games, and it actually does everything?

Clever name, too. What with picking the Latin word for life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Seems to be confirmed that it will be region free. Excellent new for importers.