Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yo, anyone know any good sites for tips/tutorials on soldering?

Thanks
    EP Points

The one I sold has made its way all over the UK.

It's on its like 4th owner now. Since it was JTAG'd anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The one I sold has made its way all over the UK.

It's on its like 4th owner now. Since it was JTAG'd anyway.
    Oh well, that's cool, let me know if you or anyone else on the forum is willing to sells their Jtag'ed consoles, if not, well, that's cool to
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Destrudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    solder is not only lead. it is just one of it's metals. the best solder you can get for electronics is 50% Pb 30% Ag and 20% of a mixture of other low mass metals, when the most common shit you can get is 70% Pb and 30% assorted shit. Pb is a whole fucking lot heavy metal, it oxidizes faster than anything and tends to fail when using low power soldering irons and/or cold soldering. What caused the RRODs in 360 and the YLOD on ps3 is a combination of shitty solder, shitty thermal paste and, of course, shitty ventilation. It could've been prevented if both companies used a higher grade thermal paste and liquid cooling (which isn't expensive since at least 10 years), even retaining the shitty solder they used.
    After my experience, I've come to the conclusion that some/most older 360 phat consoles (IDK about slim and others) suck overall when it comes to quality. I tried playing mine after 5 months of inactivity and then RLOD (fuckin microsoft sucks ).

I'm just glad I didn't mod it though, if I'd tried to do that JTAG mod or something @ that point I'd seriously throw it against a wall (modded 360 = no warranty) after the wasted effort/funds .
    Last edited by Destrudo; 9th-July-2011 at 19:08.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    funny thing is i was just wanting to learn to solder too, to change the LED in my gamecube to a different colour or something.. my step dad said he'd show me how but he hasn't yet.. but this is what i've been reading past few days:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-solder/

theres also lots of guides on that site with consoles. in fact thats where the gamecube LED thing i mentioned was.

Good Luck.
    #You'll probably need to change the value of the resistor that's in series with it too, depending on what colour the LED is and what you want to change it to. Different colour LEDs drop a different voltage across them. The remaining supply voltage is dropped across a resistor
    which determines the current through the LED and how bright it shines.