Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The worst experience you've had at Gamestop?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think game stop hate me these days because when I buy 2nd hand PlayStation 2 games there I mix n match the case disc and manual so I get the best copy possible.. Like fuck am I gonna pay for a good case and fucked disc I want my moneys worth!

Like I Saw Resident Evil Code Veronica X... thought ah aint got that one and then remembered the incident with Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (Great box... No manual and Scratched to hell Disc) so I whipped open the Code Veronica box low and behold Nice Condition Manual as the box was I look at the disc... looked like someone melted it slightly with a lighter.... so i opened the box of the only other copy and checked that disc (box had water damage and the manual was well shredded) and had a mint condition disc! so i was like right ill have that disc and put it in the good case!

Same goes for Zone of the Enders, same thing!

I could see in the corner of my eye the store owner watching me getting pissed off but fuck em im paying my cash i want every bit of my moneys worth! He has even warned all his employee's too keep an eye on me, one or 2 of em are cool and told me that he said that.

like twice now ive walked in there and Seen USA Copies of games on both NGC and PS2... now im in Europe so its almost not gonna sell in a tiny ass town that im in so i ask em that these are usa copies of the games (showing them the NTSC) and offering to take it off there hands for half the face value (still alot more than what they paid to get it in) and they laugh in my face and put em back on the shelf... as far as i can remember that copy of Zelda Twilight Princess for NGC and Devil May Cry 3 on PS2 is still there 6 months later

another incident was, I was in game stop and spotted Resi Evil 4 for ps2 but it was rather expensive... yet still i was tempted so i popped open the box and looked at the disc, it was so scratched it wouldn't play, now i know a few home methods to revive cd's so I went to the counter (half to piss off the owner) and said "dude, im interested in this game but in the disc's condition it will never play. now i do have a few home methods that i might be able to fix it but it will be a gamble do you think you could give me a better offer on this game due to the lack of manual and poor disc condition" he was like, "no we send it off to our warehouse and get it resurfaced." i was like sure cool. so i figured ill come back in a few days and get the game.

Came back in a few days saw it on teh shelf opened teh case, exact same condition! I asked him about it and he got all pissed when i said "erm dude i was in here a few days ago and you said you was gonna get this resurfaced, i came back to buy it thinking it would be but it seems you waited till i was out of teh door and put it back up there" he was like "you dont like it, dont buy it then"

Every single time im there i make a point of opening cases and being vocal about my opinions but alas he doesn't seem to be able to throw me out or ban me since im a paying customer and doing nothing wrong
    I still buy from there, but its always more of a case of I triple check the goods before i leave the store, him and some of his employee's are assholes, 2 of em are cool though

Side note: Wall of text is critting for OVER 9000!
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 7th-June-2011 at 06:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

in canada eb games and game stop keeps the disc behind the counter so i cant choose the "best" disc, if its a game i care about i will request to see all available discs though

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think all Gamestops do that. I know every one I have ever been to has done that. It's to prevent stealing ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by kouen
    so I whipped open the Code Veronica box low and behold Nice Condition Manual as the box was I look at the disc... looked like someone melted it slightly with a lighter.... so i opened the box of the only other copy and checked that disc (box had water damage and the manual was well shredded) and had a mint condition disc! so i was like right ill have that disc and put it in the good case!
    LOLOLOLOL.

Like I said I almost never buy used at Gamestop (great sales are the exception). At the main store I use I know the owner so he always checks all copies he has and I get the one in the best shape.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Like fuck am I gonna pay for a good case and fucked disc I want my moneys worth!
    I am equally flabbergasted by the fact that such damaged discs are up for sale, and that some people are so careless with their games. My Uncle was like that with his PS2 games: they would just be strewn all over the floor out of their cases; most of them so badly scratched that on the off chance that anyone wanted to actually play the title, someone would have to perform the ritual of "washing the disc just right" in order to appease the Dirty Game Disc Deities in the hopes that they would bless us with one session of game play for the day.

In the dumpster behind Wal*Mart. Thank God there's WiFi.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    What is your problem with fat people huh?
    Nothin' wrong with fat people at all. I, myself, am slightly over weight (not fat. And I'm not saying that to make myself sound better) It's just that... I don't want fat men sitting on me (or fat females, either. Or fat trannies/hermaphrodites/futas... you know, I just don't want people sitting on me. Unless it's a hot lady-love. That'd be acceptable, no?).

And about GameStop selling defective games (aka broken ones o3o)... So, get this... I bought Code: Veronica for the PS2 as well... It didn't run... It'd start up and BAM... It'd be frozen... I was PIIIIIOOOOOOSSSSSEEED... So I had to trek ALL the way back to GameStop and get my monies back...
    Same thing happen with um... Damn, what's that one Resident Evil game... Not Outbrake (bought it; hated it; loading times were the death of me)... OH YEA!!! Dead Aim... Resident Evil: Dead Aim... THERE we go... (almost forgot the name... durp) Anywho, I was all pumped to get Dead Aim, but it was also broken... Isn't that cool? I love paying money for broken games.
    Brought it back and got me Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, so it all turned out for the better I guess... (Also bought 999 that same visit... what a couple of nice grabs, if you ask me)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by icantfeelmyarms View Post
    Nothin' wrong with fat people at all. I, myself, am slightly over weight (not fat. And I'm not saying that to make myself sound better) It's just that... I don't want fat men sitting on me (or fat females, either. Or fat trannies/hermaphrodites/futas... you know, I just don't want people sitting on me. Unless it's a hot lady-love. That'd be acceptable, no?).

And about GameStop selling defective games (aka broken ones o3o)... So, get this... I bought Code: Veronica for the PS2 as well... It didn't run... It'd start up and BAM... It'd be frozen... I was PIIIIIOOOOOOSSSSSEEED... So I had to trek ALL the way back to GameStop and get my monies back...
    Same thing happen with um... Damn, what's that one Resident Evil game... Not Outbrake (bought it; hated it; loading times were the death of me)... OH YEA!!! Dead Aim... Resident Evil: Dead Aim... THERE we go... (almost forgot the name... durp) Anywho, I was all pumped to get Dead Aim, but it was also broken... Isn't that cool? I love paying money for broken games.
    Brought it back and got me Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, so it all turned out for the better I guess... (Also bought 999 that same visit... what a couple of nice grabs, if you ask me)
    999 is very good
    I would buy it if I had a DS so I'm stuck to emulating it. but I already got the true ending

In the dumpster behind Wal*Mart. Thank God there's WiFi.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    999 is very good
    I would buy it if I had a DS so I'm stuck to emulating it. but I already got the true ending
    Heh, it is, my friend, it is...
    Huhuhu, I've never beaten it, yet. I'm such a procrastinator... I have so many games I haven't beaten yet... Too busy playing De La Jet Set Radio... and doing school stuff... But it is a great VN (or interactive-novel... whatever the hell you wanna call it: it's good), nonetheless

Thanks
    EP Points

The rude, not knowing anything employ's.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I am equally flabbergasted by the fact that such damaged discs are up for sale,
    1. They shouldn't even be taking them in.
    2. I've seen a few discs that really make me wonder. You see chainsaw scratches, majors scuffs, cracks and stuff all the time, but it's truly frightening when there is junk encrusted on the disc.

All games I have where I am the original owner are flawless.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Ditto, I've never scratched a game before.
    Thinking of horrible crap on a disc, the honor doesn't go to Gamestop. Blockbuster doesn't ever look at their rental discs. I rented something once, and I'm not kidding, it had a band-aid stuck onto it. I can only assume some stupid kid scratched it and thought a band-aid would fix it... I peeled it off and cleaned the disc with some solvents (like I care about Blockbuster discs (incidentally, paint thinner can sometimes have interesting destructive effects on discs)) and the movie played flawlessly. Stupid kids...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by google
    I rented something once, and I'm not kidding, it had a band-aid stuck onto it.
    Not gonna lie, this is pro.

What really pisses me off is what some people do at a library near me. For newer release movies and video games there is a machine that dispenses them and you get them for less time and such. I've had 3 instances where I've got a game out of there, it's so messed up (including the barcode it has to scan) that I can't get the machine to take it back and I have to take it to the help desk. It went smoothly two times but the last time it happened there was this fat bitch that was shot me a look that was like, I KNOW YOU DID THIS. I just kept being polite and whatnot but the whole time she talks in a condescending manner and is acting like she is doing me a favour by taking it back and not reporting me or some shit. At the end of it I was like, you can check, I've had this for literally 2-3 minutes before taking this to you, there is no way I could have done it. Check the logs or something, she got snippy with me so I just left. Didn't get charged for it though and that's all I care about.

I also don't understand people that threw out the boxes for cartridge games. Obviously it was a popular move but when I was forced to sell off all my N64 every game I had (around 70) had the box, manual and the insert to hold the cart. I remember the guy that processed the trade-in just about fainting. And I was like 13-14 when this happened.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I also don't understand people that threw out the boxes for cartridge games. Obviously it was a popular move but when I was forced to sell off all my N64 every game I had (around 70) had the box, manual and the insert to hold the cart. I remember the guy that processed the trade-in just about fainting. And I was like 13-14 when this happened.
    This. So much this.

I don't understand how anyone can get rid of the boxes. I can understand manuals and whatnot getting mangled and eventually being thrown away, but at least the boxes should always be in tact. But every game that I have ever bought still has the box and manual.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I refuse to buy disc only games. To me no manual is disc only. Same thing goes for lack of bonus contents for games that came with bonus contents.

I don't buy cartridge games to keep, only at garage sales and such to flip for more money so I factor in condition and price when deciding. In fact I don't even have a NES or SNES in the house right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

^^

How I wish I held onto my SNES and N64 boxes.

Thanks

>.< I work there and admit its terriable