Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The worst experience you've had at Gamestop?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Fun Fact: I'm a former gamestop employee.

During the holiday season we hired a girl that "really knew her stuff". Apparently, "knowing her stuff" meant "knowing how to ask me questions".

I wrote down a few of my favorite things she asked.

1) Where are the PS2 Mario games?
    2) Where's the N64 port on the Wii?
    3) How can you hook up a PSP to a DS?
    4) The 360 is the one with Blu Ray, right?

Thanks
    EP Points

ur right, those questions are awesome

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    Fun Fact: I'm a former gamestop employee.

During the holiday season we hired a girl that "really knew her stuff". Apparently, "knowing her stuff" meant "knowing how to ask me questions".

I wrote down a few of my favorite things she asked.

2) Where's the N64 port on the Wii?
    3) How can you hook up a PSP to a DS?
    4) The 360 is the one with Blu Ray, right?
    Farsighted prophecy: Basement mod jobs of the new decade. You heard it here first.

On topic I don't know if Game Stop is the best name for a videogame store. It seems to imply that you have a problem and that you need to quit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    ur right, those questions are awesome
    Haha iknorite? I can't even pick a favourite. Ok I lied 3 is epic.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Frog raped me when he worked there, it was at a burger king but he was wearing his uniform.

Counts right?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've honestly never had an issue at Gamestop. The local one was a Software Etc. that was bought out, though the sign never changed, and the employees were knowledgeable and helpful, the selection was good, I always got what I asked for, preordering was easy and efficient, and I could just walk in there, ask for a rare game (SMT: Nocturne, a few months before the reprints), and they'd not only check their own inventory, but the inventory of other stores in the area without prompting. And then they were closed down by central.

Well, one thing bothered me - they always stuck the price labels directly onto the cases. That's really a trivial thing, though, since I do have a knife.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

My worst experiences have been of the "sorry dude, we've lost this game" variety. It's happened several times to me, most notably when I found a used copy of Suikoden II sitting on their shelves. Sure they lost the disc, it had nothing to do with the game having an $80 resale value...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Well, one thing bothered me - they always stuck the price labels directly onto the cases. That's really a trivial thing, though, since I do have a knife.
    I've been to a Gamestop that would pull the case insert out of the case and directly affix their 3 price stickers to the insert... Because you know, somebody might swap the cases to try and get a cheap game if you put the stickers there. Nevermind the fact that each sticker clearly indicates the games name, and that they should match the sku on the sticker with the one on the disc they fetch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    You need PS Triple for that. Little Big Planet 2 is endless copyright infringement
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never have bought from Gamestop. Just went in and looked around, or went with a friend when they would buy somethng.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    I never have bought from Gamestop. Just went in and looked around, or went with a friend when they would buy somethng.
    You are a wise man.

Quote Originally Posted by google
    My worst experiences have been of the "sorry dude, we've lost this game" variety. It's happened several times to me, most notably when I found a used copy of Suikoden II sitting on their shelves. Sure they lost the disc, it had nothing to do with the game having an $80 resale value...
    That is some bullshit. I've never had this happen, though a few years ago a guy begrudgingly sold me a black label Xenogears for $15.99.

Quote Originally Posted by google
    I've been to a Gamestop that would pull the case insert out of the case and directly affix their 3 price stickers to the insert... Because you know, somebody might swap the cases to try and get a cheap game if you put the stickers there. Nevermind the fact that each sticker clearly indicates the games name, and that they should match the sku on the sticker with the one on the disc they fetch.

Thanks

everytime i go there and pay 60 bucks for a game and only get 15 to trade it in a week later...or the fact that they always try to jew me with refurb fees.....screw gamestop i go to my local gamexchange they are cheaper and nicer and have a waaayyyy better non corperate selections of games cuz they sell everyhting u can think of i just bought a few nes and genesis games..screw gamestop...

Thanks

Yeah I hate Gamestop. I've only just started going there, but I hate it. I wish that the GameForce was still down the street... They were nice. Now the closest one is in Boulder. Super gay.

Thanks
    EP Points

Never had problems with Gamestop, to be honest. I bought Muramasa, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Ys I & II (PSP) there. Metroid and Ys were still shrink wrapped, which I was not expecting. Muramasa was being sold as "New," but the disc was kept in the drawer behind the counter and the case on the wall was empty. Didn't bother me much, but it does seem somewhat questionable in terms of business practices.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Never had problems with Gamestop, to be honest. I bought Muramasa, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Ys I & II (PSP) there. Metroid and Ys were still shrink wrapped, which I was not expecting. Muramasa was being sold as "New," but the disc was kept in the drawer behind the counter and the case on the wall was empty. Didn't bother me much, but it does seem somewhat questionable in terms of business practices.
    Yeah gamestop will sometimes have some pretty old stuff available as new and it will be the last list price for the game or on a clearance. You can get some good deals that way. They want you to buy new though, when used is like 10% less that is a joke. Edit: That reminds me, there was a point when Valkyria Chronicles was $30 new and $55 used in their system. I laughed out of the store.

Oh and yeah, we covered that shady shit earlier. New games in replacement cases with no manual. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kefka
    everytime i go there and pay 60 bucks for a game and only get 15 to trade it in a week later...
    Their rates are a joke. Like seriously almost everywhere else is better. You can exploit deals and shit though. When I got my ps3 it came with some games and I ended up getting $32 store credit for MW2.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 1st-June-2011 at 22:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Oh and yeah, we covered that shady shit earlier. New games in replacement cases with no manual. Haha.
    Nah, it was the original case, manual, and disc. No stickers or anything. It was the last copy they had, and the disc had been used as a display copy. So it had never been sold, and all of the original packaging was there, but it wasn't sealed. So it was technically still "new."

Thanks
    EP Points

My gripe with my gamestop is that when you go in to trade a game or sell it, you never get the amount its really worth. You trade a game in, and you barley get any in-store credit, even if it is a good game. You sell a game and you get less money then in-store credit, I can see that as how it is. But come on, they're rates are downright terrible. Though I've had some good experiences. I was talking with a best buy employee who said you'll get $5 more trade-in credit there then gamestop. I might just have to try them next time.