Thread: ImgBurn - How to convert .nrg to .cdi with it?

Thanks

Default ImgBurn - How to convert .nrg to .cdi with it?

Hello people,

Just wondering how to convert an nrg filetype to a cdi format with imgburn specifically or wondering if you even can.

So I know the application can burn cdi files and I have the dll for it, but I can't seem to figure out converting nrg to cdi virtually. As in, I have a mounted nrg file so how do i get that virtual disc and make a virtual cdi disc? Or would I have to burn a cdi, then rip the cdi to my hard drive?

I assumed it would be "create image file from disc", but when you save filetypes the only ones available are iso, bin, img, and all. Do I select all and name the file "file.cdi" as the name?

Thanks
    EP Points

There are programs like nrg2cdi (I think that's its name -- been a while). Or you could just get Nero and burn it with that, or you could use DiscJuggler to read the NRG from the virtual drive and make it into a CDI.

I dunno if ImgBurn could do it.

Thanks

i don't think nrg2cdi exists, but i know cdi2nrg does. Guess I'll have to get nero or dj. if anyone figures it out with imgburn let me know. thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can burn cdi images with imgburn

ImgBurn can burn nrg files but don't it will mess up the Dreamcast Disc layout and will not work on the console

You can mount a nrg file with Daemon tools and rip with ImgBurn (it does it's own format but it is dual session Dreamcast compatible) i.e. you can burn the output image with imgburn to a CD and it will work with the Dreamcast [This will not always work but it will give errors while ripping if it has not worked, so you won't kill any CD's trying]

You can also mount the nrg with Daemon tools and use the demo of DiscJuggler to create a cdi < personly that would be the way I would and do go (remember to say no if it asks you to fix the image in DiscJuggler) you can then burn with ImgBurn

Finally you can burn directly from a virtual drive via ImgBurn i.e. CD Drive to CD Drive burn
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-May-2011 at 17:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR