Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [PSP Tutorial] Chronoswitch Downgrader - a multi-firmware downgrader for PSP!

Thanks
    EP Points

Smile [PSP Tutorial] Chronoswitch Downgrader - a multi-firmware downgrader for PSP!

[PSP Tutorial] Chronoswitch Downgrader - a multi-firmware downgrader for PSP!

UPDATE:
    ** Yep people, another update for this amazing homebrew, now the original creator, Davee along with some1 has make a huge improvement on this downgrader,
    which enable PSP with 09g module to downgrade below 6.30, well at least to 6.20(maybe further down? who knows), and that considered good enough for those who want to have permanent CFW on their PSP.
    In case you haven't know, 09g can't have 6.20, or anything below 6.30, plus the existing 6.35/6.39/6.60 CFW isn't permanent for 3000.

Anyway, great news, and thanks to several beta-testers who are brave enough to test it before it was released to public.

Do remember, downgrade to 6.20 is only intended for PSP with 09g module, not 07g or 11g. (anything below 05g are safe to do so)
    and if you successfully downgrade your PSP(I hope), please post your result.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After weeks of a leaked video showing the kernel exploit is working on 6.60 OFW, many has expected that a downgrader will be released soon, then followed by series of CFWs later on.
    So, here it is, the new and 4th version of existing 6.xx downgrader that was ported by some1 since 6.39/6.38 releases.
    Thanks as well to the very-well-known developer of PSP, whom the first one who found the exploit(you know who).

Anyway, try it if you want, and share the result.

================================================

PSP Developer, some1 has just released a downgrader utility for the PSP with the official firmware of 6.38/6.39/6.60.
    It is a downgrader which is based on the Davee's 6.38/6.35/6.31 to 6.20 downgrader, and ported over by some1 for the 6.38/6.39/6.60 use.
    This may be a great news to those who accidentally upgraded their PSP to 6.60, so if you feel like to downgrade, then this utility should be able to do it for you.

Before you proceed....
    With this, you will and agreed to take full responsibility of your PSP, not me, nor anyone, or the developers, as you do it on your own..
    IF for some reasons your PSP got BRICKED.

IF you agree with it, then continue on. IF not, simply close this page before anything happen. That's all.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Developer Note:

[What does it do?]
    Allows users who are incontent with their firmware to downgrade to 6.20 using the Sony Updater.

[How do I use it?]
    Copy the "PSP" folder to your PSP. The downgrader is "signed" and can be launched from OFW XMB.
    You need to copy the 6.20 update to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP and for PSPgo it must be the eflash it is placed on.
    After setup run the downgrader and follow the onscreen instructions.

[What does it technically do?]
    6.20-6.35: It uses the utility/power exploit to gain kernel access and reboots into the updater with a special PRX running.
    This PRX uses the pspdecrypt functionality to decrypt the updater PRX when needed. This allows the updater to boot in the newer firmwares.

6.38/6.39: It uses my http_storage exploit to gain kernel access. Basically, http_storage has a vulnerability in it, where I can write -1 to anywhere in memory.

6.60: Uses sceNetMPulldown to gain kernel access.

[I'm a dev, sup?]
    Source code included in package.

[Credits]
    • Davee - legend. Originally made 6.35/6.31
    • some1 - legend. 6.38/6.39/6.60 support.
    • bbtgp - legend. Continued updates to psardumper (pspdecrypt) and the signing application "prxEncrypter".
    • coyotebean - legend. Continued updates to psardumper (pspdecrypt) and large influence and research regarding cryptographics.
    • kgsws - legend. First application signed and method released
    • Silverspring - legend. Lots and lots of info on KIRK where we'd still be in the dark without.
    • Bubbletune - BTCNF injection code and bits and bobs here

Quote Originally Posted by by some1
    After a long wait, here is the port of Davee's 6.35/6.31 downgrader to 6.60/6.39/6.38.

This is a very simple app, just put the desired destination OFW in PSP/GAME/UPDATE, and the app will read the factory installed OFW (aka, the OFW it came with),
    and allow any updater greater than or equal to this OFW. The range for this has NOT been tested, so I do not know which OFWs it is possible to downgrade to, for which model,
    but I've tested from 6.60 to 6.20 and 6.35, 6.39 should also work. If you use the wrong updater, the update itself will error out or go back to XMB.

Important Note: This Kernel Exploit was NOT found by me. It was handed to me by Zecoxao, and it was handed to him by Davee.
    Another important note: You run the application at your OWN risk. I am not held accountable if you fuck up your PSP.
    taken from Readme.txt

Tutorial:

AGAIN, please take note of these few things before proceed.
    • This is a Downgrader for 6.60/6.39/6.38 OFW to 6.39/6.35/6.20 OFW(depending on your PSP module)
    • IF your PSP module is anything below 05g - 01g, then you can downgrade to 6.39/6.35/6.20
    • but, IF your PSP module is 07g - 09g, then you are only limited to 6.39 and 6.35, not less than that.
    • HOWEVER, with the current downgrader, v5. 09g can now downgrade to at least 6.20.
    • make sure you use the right updater, which the firmware you want to downgrade into.
    • Follow the instructions, carefully.

Step by step Guide :
    1) First, grab the 6.20/6.35/6.39 OFW, and place it(the EBOOT.PBP) on PSP/GAME/UPDATE
    2) Then, Place the downgrader(the one you download from this post) in PSP/GAME
    3) Run the downgrader, follow the instructions and then wait for it to boot into 6.20/6.35/6.39 Official Firmware Update
    4) However if you got error instead, please put the right OFW updater depends on your PSP module. e.g 07g = 6.35 or 6.39.
    5) After the PSP has has finished downgrading/updating, it should rebooted back to XMB.
    6) and Done. Enjoy.

**Tested on 3000 with 3g, successfully downgraded from 6.60 to 6.39/6.35/6.20

Tested/Working On:
    • 3000(03g) - from 6.60 to 6.39/6.35/6.20/5.03, by meganova *
    • 3000(09g) - from 6.60 to 6.39, by Colamisu *

* tested with v4.1

Changelogs: *updated*
    • v5 *new*
      - Added support for 09g units to 6.20

• v4.1
      - Added Source Code
      - Added Safety net just in case, for some reason, your psp does not have the 0x51 key, the safety net sets minimum version to 6.35 if you were getting an error from v4.
      - Includes Proxima's prxencrypter with gzip support.

• v4
      - Added Support for 6.60
      - Fixed 6.60 problem that didn't allow to downgrade to anything greater than 6.20, thanks to Davee
      - Allows any updater that is greater than or equal to the factory installed OFW (Has not been fully tested, will most likely work on 500 and up)
      - Special Sauce added by Proxima

• v3.5
      - If the 6.20 updater MD5 check fails, it will check if the update file is 6.35,
      - allowing non 07g/09g to downgrade to 6.35,
      - added source,
      - removed a few debug printf's

• v3.1:
      - Fixed idiot bug for 6.38 I created when adding 6.39

• v3:
      - added support for 6.39, added model printer

• v2:
      - 09g/07g support added.

• v1:
      - First release, only support below 07g

Download Link(s):

6.xx Downgrader : v1 | v2 | v3 - v3.1 - v3.5 | v4 - v4.1 | v5 *new*
    PSP Official Firmware : 6.20 | 6.35 | 6.39 | 6.60 | Go here
    PSP Official Firmware(for GO system) : 6.20 | 6.35 | 6.39 | 6.60 | Go here
    PSP Module Checker v0.1 - Download

Credit(s):
    • Davee, original creator
    • some1, for porting the downgrader
    • PSH, for the OFW links
    • Wololo.net, source of which this info came from
    • epForum, for hosting this guide
    • and anyone who provide info about this so-hard-to-believe news.

Thank you.
    Last edited by meganova; 7th-February-2014 at 19:24. Reason: v5 released, more support for 09g

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I linked this in the "sony system guides" sticky, we just do that so they are easy to find

do you want this closed and this post removed??

Personly I like to keep my guides clean of junk posts, up to you though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I suggest to let it open for now, just in case if someone have any specific question to ask.

Thanks

Thanks for posting the guide! One question tho', what is a PSP WITH 07g or 09g module? Is that referring to the motherboard and how do I tell if my PSP has that module? I have a PSP 3001.

Thanks
    EP Points

PSP with 07g - 09g module can only have minimum OFW of 6.30, no less than that, which is why the downgrader can't be run on those modules(for now).

There are various ways to identify your PSP module, such as using PSPIdent, PSP Module Checker, or check your PSP datecode.
    For now, try using PSP Module Checker, put it on your PSP/GAME and run it from the XMB.

Or try to remember which firmware your PSP comes with, if it 5.70 then it should be 4g, if it 6.30+ then it is likely be around 07g-09g.

Update:
    The dev has just finished adding 07g-09g support, it will be available as soon beta testers have finished testing it.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for the beta testers, since I think I remember getting 6.30 with my PSP. I bought it at the beginning of the year.
    Two questions: 1. If I do brick my PSP, is it possible to unbrick?
    2. Does using custom firmware affect playing my UMDs, especially newer ones like Kingdom Hearts?

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Uh, Nope.

2. Not really, but if you going to use CFW, I suggest dump your games and play it from your Memory Stick, you will notice the differences.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So since I have a 3001 PSP, which would be better? Cfw or Hen?
    Last edited by T12av1S; 23rd-May-2011 at 21:49.
    Join Creatures of Myth! A Fantasy Role-Playing Site
    http://creatures-of-myth.forumotion.com/forum

Thanks
    EP Points

Tutorial updated, now with 07g and 09g support. Enjoy folks!

Quote Originally Posted by T12av1S View Post
    So since I have a 3001 PSP, which would be better? Cfw or Hen?
    Depends on which firmware your PSP have, for 6.35, it can only have the CFW,
    as for the 6.20, you can have HEN or CFW or Both.

I'll put the details later.

Thanks

I ended up getting 6.20 TN-E. Although I'm not sure if I should get the Permanent Patch or not.

So far its working like a charm. I even played Toy Story 3 from Prometheus.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you want, you can have CFW on it, where you can directly load your games without using Prometheus.

Thanks

How would I do that?

Thanks

Either using 6.20 PRO-B5 or 6.35 PRO-B5! They come with an integrate ISO/CSO loader. Unlike, TN HEN, which is still great but DOES NOT come with an ISO/CSO loader!

Thanks

Could I just overwrite my TN HEN with 6.20 Pro-B5 then? I'm not sure about how to uninstall it, so that first method would be much easier.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are not using the permanent patch, you can just simply shut down your PSP, and it should be rebooted back to 6.20 OFW, then install PRO-B5, with the permanent patch of course.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...44#post1259144