Thread: Don't update your 360 [If it's flashed]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Don't update your 360 [If it's flashed]

For many weeks a dedicated team has been hard at work in preparation for the release of the new dash which started to roll out today (2.0.13146).

Although we have been quiet in recent weeks, work has been ferocious with a large group of talented, and very well known scene individuals, busting their asses to make sure that the work of the 360 scene keeps on rolling.

So now that the rollout has started, the team can actually start to implement much of the work into releases for public consumption.

Here are some things of note so you have a clue of what’s coming:
    * After the update the drive fw is also updated with a new stock fw, rendering the drive unable to play backups (for now).
    * When the drives are flashed back again with LT fw the previous AP2.5 patched titles are no longer booting (expected and will be updated with new XBC and 0800)
    * It seems that the first update has only been sent to Liteon DG-16D2S and Liteon DG-16D4S drives (Unconfirmed)
    * The key location on phat models is now in a different area, so a new JF will be released to accommodate this change which was already anticipated in advance.
    * There has been EXTENSIVE progress with all the new AP2.5 challenges. New 0800 BENQ fw is almost ready.
    * There is a new XBC (Xbox Backup Creator) that has been designed alongside the new 0800 ripping fw – you’ll love it
    * There will be new LT fw’s for all of the new versions that have been released.
    * XGD3 progress is being made and there will be an update on this soon.
    * We have received unverified reports that after the update to a 9504 slim drive the write protect was enabled like the 0225 drives (Unconfirmed)
    * All the slim key read and slim write routines have changed also (again fully anticipated). Easily fixed with new JF

We will also confirm that we have a solution to all unlock all 0225 drives so you can write the firmware. This has been 100% verified and working and we are producing the addons as we speak and will have them available as soon as possible. We will release 2 versions, a kit for pro modders to offer as a service and also a DIY mod type device that users can install themselves. There is a LOT going on so we are working as fast as possible on all projects.

So in the next few days/weeks you can expect new Lt firmwares for 0225 and others, a new Jungle Flasher, a new 0800 fw with new Ap2.5 support, a new Xbox Backup Creator and an addon to unlock 0225 and 0401 Liteon DG-14DS drives (which will also work on 9504 drives too if they become locked out)
    In short, if your 360's flashed keep it offline until there's a new firmware released that can accommodate for the new dash/new checks, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

A couple questions:

1. If we're unable to have it flashed again following this dashboard update for a time, will we still be able to safely play all of the games that came prior to the update assuming we stay offline? Has the dashboard actually been included in any recently released games?

2. I'm getting my console flashed today (call me stupid for not waiting if you want but whatever), what is the safest dashboard version I can download now that will let me play all current games up until they do this dashboard update and start rolling out the games in the enw format?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcasa View Post
    A couple questions:

1. If we're unable to have it flashed again following this dashboard update for a time, will we still be able to safely play all of the games that came prior to the update assuming we stay offline? Has the dashboard actually been included in any recently released games?

2. I'm getting my console flashed today (call me stupid for not waiting if you want but whatever), what is the safest dashboard version I can download now that will let me play all current games up until they do this dashboard update and start rolling out the games in the enw format?
    Don't get it flashed today, you need to install LT+ 1.9 (or preferably 2.0 when it's released) you'll only have to pay the guy to flash it again. Just wait until 2.0 is out.

Just update your dashboard through Live right now, it'll flash your firmware back to stock, then have your modder mod it with LT+ 2.0 when it's released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Unfortunately, that's not an option. I've already paid the guy and made an appointment. Which is why I was asking said questions. I'll reflash it in the future when necessary, but I'm dealing with the "right now" right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Unfortunately, that's not an option. I've already paid the guy and made an appointment. Which is why I was asking said questions. I'll reflash it in the future when necessary, but I'm dealing with the "right now" right now.
    Any reason you can't just do it yourself? Opening a 360 isn't that hard.

First thing's first, plug it into the internet and update the dashboard through Xbox Live. It puts your drive back to stock, as if it were never flashed. Then have the guy flash it with 1.9 if it's released. If not, then it's a waste of time even flashing the drive again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Any reason you can't just do it yourself? Opening a 360 isn't that hard.

First thing's first, plug it into the internet and update the dashboard through Xbox Live. It puts your drive back to stock, as if it were never flashed. Then have the guy flash it with 1.9 if it's released. If not, then it's a waste of time even flashing the drive again.
    I can't do it myself because I lack the needed cables. Can you explain how it's a waste of time? Right now I really only have like 8 DL DVDs and just want to play some of the newer games that have come out between new and when Ap2.5 was new. Everything after that I can worry about when I have the money to throw around.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't do it myself because I lack the needed cables. Can you explain how it's a waste of time? Right now I really only have like 8 DL DVDs and just want to play some of the newer games that have come out between new and when Ap2.5 was new. Everything after that I can worry about when I have the money to throw around.
    Because you can't play AP25 games with LT+ 1.9 as it doesn't support them - they changed the data.

LT+ 2.0 is needed, 1.9 is only for those that MUST use Xbox Live right now for some fucked up reason. You should be waiting for 2.0

You lack the needed cables? Bro you need a SATA cable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Because you can't play AP25 games with LT+ 1.9 as it doesn't support them - they changed the data.

LT+ 2.0 is needed, 1.9 is only for those that MUST use Xbox Live right now for some fucked up reason. You should be waiting for 2.0

You lack the needed cables? Bro you need a SATA cable.
    Inferno, My son accidentally updated my xbox flashed. I don't have the key.bin.. Beside SATA cable, what other cables or peripherals I needed? and can you make a tutorial? Thanks

Please visit my blog
    Sorry for my bad English

Thanks

What imbecile would flash their 360 anyway? You void the warranty, you make it uneligible for authorized repair, and you can't play illegally downloaded games on Xbox Live so what's the point of even owning them? DO NOT HACK YOUR XBOX 360 OR MICROSOFT WILL RAPE YOU.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Baldwin View Post
    What imbecile would flash their 360 anyway? You void the warranty, you make it uneligible for authorized repair, and you can't play illegally downloaded games on Xbox Live so what's the point of even owning them? DO NOT HACK YOUR XBOX 360 OR MICROSOFT WILL RAPE YOU.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Not even going to acknowledge that with a reply...

OH LORD MS WON'T REPAIR MAH XBAWKS AND I CAN'T PLAY MAH COPIES ON XBL!!!!!

Cool. Fuckin. Story. Bro.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Inferno, My son accidentally updated my xbox flashed. I don't have the key.bin.. Beside SATA cable, what other cables or peripherals I needed? and can you make a tutorial? Thanks
    Depends on your DVD drive.
    Go read the Jungle Flasher tutorial, but if you have one of the more modern drives (Liteons) you're probably going to need extra hardware. All of this is covered in the Jungle Flasher tutorial.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Baldwin View Post
    /goes into panic box to hide from Microsoft.
    I don't wanna get raped.....