Thread: epsxe Lag issue

Thanks

Question epsxe Lag issue

hey guys im having trouble with my esxpxe emulator it runs cartoon games fine and plays ff9 videos perfectly but whenever i get in a batt
    le in ff9 our any other screen that involves 3d characters it slows down and lags

toshiba notebook- i use an an rgb cable to play on my tv
    1gb on ram
    intel atom 167. ghz
    windows 32 bit

using espxe 1.7 the newest one
    using Pete's Windows OGL/D3D if i put it on fast it still lags

lags on every 3D game

Thanks
    EP Points

o.k for final fantasy games it is recommended to use epsxe 1.5.2 also your plugins should work fine on that I had the same problem. here's what I had to do in the plug-in where it says auto detect graphics card vram I had to change that to 512 manually that caused it to run at super speed so I had to tick frame limit and set it to 60 fps for ntsc games and 50 for pal that should work

if you are having any other problems like battle menu not showing up or any thing else make sure off screen drawing is set to 3 tick special game fixes then hit the ... button and enable the fixes for final fantasy 9 abbreviated ff9 that should do the trick.

Be sure to post back to let us know if this solved your issue or just click the thanks button at the bottom left of this post

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

ok i did everything you said but epsxe is telling me no disc found when running the ISO

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. dumb question are you going to run Iso from the file menu or load cd

because I've never had that problem
    let me check mine again and if anythings different I'll edit my post

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

from menu

and the 1.7 i changed the setting on that one same issue still i tried bloody roar 2 and boost a groove 2 and they lagged
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-May-2011 at 09:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

o.k. here are my settings
    plugin Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    GFX card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Resolution/Color:
    - 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
    - Internal X resolution: 1
    - Internal Y resolution: 1
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: off
    - No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 3
    - Hi-Res textures: 2
    - TexWin pixel shader: off
    - VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 2
    - Framebuffer effects: 2
    - Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Mdec filter: on
    - Screen filtering: on
    - Shader effects: 0/1
    - Flicker-fix border size: 0
    - GF4/XP crash fix: off
    - Game fixes: on [00001000]

using epsxe 1.5.2 you have to turn on special game fixes and select odd/even bit hack it should say beside it needed with epsxe 1.5.2

to run the game I just go to file>run iso> then select the directory where my game is select game and play

if this doesn't help i'm sorry maybe someone else will have an idea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Knightshade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

1.52 is still givng me the same message "CDROM not found" i tried running that GL2 plugin on 1.7 and it freezes and gives a messages about missing texture i guess only petes gpuPeteDX6D3D 1.77 works for me the other DED works to but slower i still have the lag even with the settings changed to 512 and fps 60

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm it may be an issue with your computer I looked at your specs and it should work i think not sure someone else may know better but anyway your specs say nothing about your graphic card but from what you just posted my guess would be that you have an older intel chipset probably along the lines of the family 4 but i will see if i can get some other people to try to help you better.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If you have an integrated videocard you won't be able to use OGL2, you'll have to stick to D3D, OGL or even Pete's Soft video for certain games.

Also, have a look at this (taken from the old lordkane site) for FF IX.

GPU Configuration
    Pete's OpenGL 1.xx/2.xx

If you have speed issues with these configurations:
    OpenGL 1.x:

* Lower the resoloution to 640x480
    * Make sure FSAA and anistropic filtering is off in your graphics card's control panel - PSX Emulation does not support AF
    * Change Framebuffer Textures to 2 or 3 and setting access to 3 Will move the work for swirls from yor CPU to the graphics card. Note: using this method battle swirls will not work if FSAA is enabled

OpenGL 2.x:

* Make sure FSAA and anistropic filtering is off in your graphics card's control panel - OpenGL2 does not support FSAA or AF
    * Lower the internal X/Y resoloution to 1/1
    * Disable 'Screen Filter'
    * Enable 'No render-to-texture'
    * Lower the resoloution to 640x480
    * Change Framebuffer Effects to 2 or 1 - note: this will introduce a 'load' when framebuffer effects are called (like at the beginning of a battle)

Bear in mind that ATi cards do not support 'Very High X', you have to set this to 'High'

Eternal SPU
    Under sound config, make sure the top 3 and only the top three checkboxes are enabled. Then use this Config in Eternal SPU:
    user posted image

CDR Config
    In the PAL regions (Europe, Australia and much of Africa), FF9 had copy protection and thus when you run it in an emulator, you will just get a black screen. There are two was to get this to work on an emulator. The first is to use Subchannel reading (which at the moment, for the life of me I can't get working), and the other is patching.
    To use patching, first of all you need the PPF patch files. The ones for PAL/UK can be found here. Others can be found by searching google (the site which has them cannot be linked here for legal reasons). The PAL/UK patch covers all English language PAL versions.
    All you need to do then is to extract the archive to the 'patches' subdirectory of ePSXe and enable 'Auto PPF-patching' within ePSXe

FAQ
    Q: I'm getting a lot of crashes in FMVs

A: Use ePSXe 1.5.2 or the latest version of PSXeven. ePSXe 1.6.0 is known to have issues in Final Fantasy IX

Q: The in-game text screens are slow after a battle and in the option menu. How do I fix it?

A: In-game menus in Final Fantasy IX are slow because it's hard to emulate the Play station's Frame-buffer in a hardware API. Setting a lower resolution like 640x480 will speed it up. Higher resolutions slow down the menus even more. Having a high end computer will speed them up as well. Alternatively, use a software plugin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks cookie I asked for your help because I was running out of ideas.

Chewy hope you get it working soon.

Thanks

well i tried lowering resolutions to 640 x 480 but it wouldnt show the full screen on my flatscreen the lowest i could go was 800 x 600 i think and i have an internal card i tried finding there was no aff our fsaa setting everything else i set the way u guys said and lag got better but still kinda crazy in batlles and does anyone know why it said "cdrom not found" for epsxe 1.52 im still using 1.7 cuz 1.52 isnt working for me

Is there a way to set it at 640 x 480 and not have it show half the screen?

Should i start a new thread? i still need help
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 17th-May-2011 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

In ePSXe 1.52, are you sure you are using the run iso option and not run cdrom? What cdrom plugin are you using how is it configured?
    Also, you may want to update your DirectX and if that fails too, you'll have to stick to Pete's Software video plugin.