Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your Gaming Sins!

Thanks

My gaming sins...
    walkthroughs especially as soon as I hit a wall...
    And 85% of the games I played...it never reaches the end boss. I get bored of it easily at some point especially when I level up hard for days...

And I'm a scaredy cat when it comes horror games, I never get past 30 minutes...except for silent hill 4 I manage to get 2-3 hours.

Thanks

Lol, I used a cheat to get Deaths scythe on Caslevania CoD....Deaths Pulse is just too hard to steal.
    Then i wrecked tha rest of the game,lol.
    All in 1

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mindofwonders View Post
    My gaming sins...
    walkthroughs especially as soon as I hit a wall...
    And 85% of the games I played...it never reaches the end boss. I get bored of it easily at some point especially when I level up hard for days...
    I lol'd. I might have mentioned it before but I have the opposite problem. I buy so many lengthy games and then they all just sit there for awhile cause I don't want to start them. Then once I do I generally play it non-stop until finish even if it's pretty bad.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never thought that FFVII was all that great, and did not even blink an eye when Aeris bit the dust. I also used her English name.

Not only did I play Combat Arms, I hacked the shit out of it.

Although I thoroughly enjoy the presentation and story of the Silent Hill series, I don't enjoy playing the games, or even watching videos of other people playing them all that much simply because I know that overcoming the terrible controls is the only real challenge in the game.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 8th-August-2011 at 17:45.

Thanks

Using walkthrough would probably be my biggest gaming sin.
    And being a trophy/ achievement whore ...
    Capturing Pokemon never looked so easy!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    was actually considering buying a PS3
    Hack the thing and the sin goes away and turns into a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock3324 View Post
    I got one... I never played Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
    It's a good game. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Oh! Supreme Warrior's post reminded me of this.

I hated the ending of Jet Force Gemini so much that I immediately took the game into EB and traded it.
    Biggest mistake of my life. I miss that game.
    I got stuck at one boss playing as the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by adam2new View Post
    If you got a Nintendo 3DS, you just may finally get to play it (including the Master Quest version which... I'm too chicken to try, even on an emulator ). I think it was a news article on cnet where I learnt it.

*chants* O o T! O o T!

(& thx [insert name of that person] who influenced me to get Tapatalk and Titanium Backup key)

Sent from my Sprint Hero using Tapatalk
    The Master's quest on the 3ds version is actually harder than the n64 version as I heard you take double damage. Which kinda makes me want a 3ds.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Vaan.
    I didn't like FFXII much but it grew on me on my second playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Roux! View Post
    I hate the first Final Fantasy game (NES). How Squaresoft didn't fall into bankruptcy with that thing is anyone's guess!!

DQ > FF.
    DQ8 FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroidMaster View Post
    The only Temples that I beat on my first playthrough of Ocarina of Time as a kid ON MY OWN were the Water Temple, Spirit Temple, and Ganon's Castle, and the game took me FIVE YEARS to beat. And I enjoyed the Water Temple!
    The Water temple didn't bother me much either and it has started growing on me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    I enjoyed video games. up until 8 years ago. Now I just don't even care. =(
    There have been times I have not played games at all either, just the periods weren't 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Only a few of them are really worth playing (this goes for both series).

How can someone not love Jet Grind Radio! Honestly, the Dreamcast had plenty of innovative and fun titles, but consumers have proven time and time again that is not what they are looking for.

I'm obsessed with Dreamcast myself.

IMO percentage-wise DS, Playstation and NES are the worst. Probably about in that order too. Don't get me wrong, the Playstation has probably the best chunk of my favourite games if you count games being rereleased for it, but it has a ton of crap.

The N64 (even though I grew up on this I can understand that it is junk) and Gamecube are both pretty damn weak too. Nintendo's only good console was the SNES.

Also, love all the games bolded, but those are the only titles I could even really play on the NES w/o getting crazy bored. Except for Megaman.

Which is saying almost next to nothing haha but I agree with you. My favourite consoles are probably PS, PS2, Saturn and Dreamcast.

SRW and Disgaea!
    LTTP OOT MM LA WW TP OOA OOS MC ST that seems much more than only a few as the worst zelda is Zelda 2 (not including cdi). Phantom Hourglass was decent, but not great and zelda 1 is great but is showing age. All the others are easily worth buying even in this age where you can download them.

I just recently bought a DC and need some dough to buy a memory card for it.

The wii has the worst good to shovelware ratio. While the ds has a similar ratio, it has many more games which make up for it. Same for the PS2 which has some crappy titles mixed in with it's jewels

N64 still had a better ratio compared to wii as did the gamecube. But saying that the Snes was the only good console is a bit harsh. Their best yes, but not their only good. Not to mention that none of their consoles are even inherently bad, it is Nintendo's handling of them. Even now games like Xenoblade being withheld from us markets. It's like they want us to only have shovelware.

The problems with older games is their focus. Nes focused on difficulty and was more based on shorter play cycles mixed with high replay value. If you can get past the graphics and focus on shorter play cycles, you tend to like the games more.

Fair enough.

Yeah I think originally I owned around 70 N64 games but then my mom sold it all off as a punishment. Brutal memories...
    What did you do to warrant such a horrible punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    My sisters and I used to "Borrow" my mothers credit card and sign up for a new isp every month for a free 1 month trial so we could play Warcraft 2 and Starcraft online lol
    How did you ever manage to not get caught?

Quote Originally Posted by pink panda View Post
    Lol. I once was watching my dad get sooo angry at tomb raider when it first came out. he tried for a few hours to get past a spot and once he got up I ran in and tried, but was successful. Got smacked up pretty good for that one. lol. and Ive also chewed a full ps2 controller out of anger once. XP
    I've done that before (both things). I tend to be great at many games my siblings suck at even though I am only an average player. Also I used to have a bad chewing habit. I was like the baby from Series of Unfortunate Events.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    - Spent over 200 hours trying to get the perfect ending on FF X-2 without the use of a walkthrough.
    Once you get past the girliness, you realize the gameplay is great. It is a shame they defaced Yuna and party though.

No, it's good. Majora's Mask is a trash game. Bargain bin filler at best.

Ikaruga is pretty cool, but def not my fav top down shooter.
    Majora's Mask is great! Take him to the pit!

Yes it is. It's AWFUL.

I've finished OoT and ALttP. That's pretty much it. Not a huge fan of the series and TP was emo.

There is no reason to not emulate GB, GBC, GBA etc...

I wonder why no one wants to pay triple digits for that stink bomb of a game...
    Him too! Majora's mask was even better than OOT. TP isn't emo either unless you're going by it's original usage to show when something had a lot of emotions, usually positive.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStalker View Post
    Gaming sins? What I would write here, I would not considered gaming "sins", but I'm willing to bet plenty of people will call me sinful:-

- I've never played a Legend of Zelda game outside of Link to the Past and Minish Cap and I do not understand the reason why this game is so loved, especially since the title has nothing to do with the main character himself. In addition, I do not see the appeal of Ocarina of Time etc and have often asked myself, "Why do people keep worshipping Ocarina of Time as the best game ever? What I see is a weird game with a stroy that has been recycled over 9000 times and is still praised while games like Megaman gets insulted for being formulaic, eventhough the story changes alot most of the games".
    - lolAeris. I might've enjoyed FFVII when I was younger because it being a game I've never seen before (this was back in 98' - 99'), but like Ocarina of Time, I cannot see why people hypes this game to be "the bestest evar!1111". One-Winged Angel is a decent song, but I would hardly call it epic.
    - I cannot understand the appeal of Smash Bros. game, and in trying the game itself, I do not find myself impressed by it, but annoyed since it's a party game that's trying to be a fighting game but failing miserably. In addition, they're putting in characters like Mario who cannot legitimately fight other than being a hax(giant mushroom) and stomping on people's heads, and being that he's arguably one of the main characters of the game, being I'm guessing the most balanced on all playable charactera.

....This post turned into a rant rather quick.
    Yes, you are, now repent or go to the Pit!

-You have never played OOT and yet you judge it? While it isn't the best game (what game can actually be the best?) it is a great game that has changed many lives and in the process of aging has held up magnificently. Many games looked the best at their time and now look like shit, Zelda still amazes me to this day. Also consider the fact that Mario and Zelda have had such a huge impact on the gaming industry. Without them the gaming industry might not have recovered after E.T..
    - I do agree with you on FFVII. It was a decent game, but most who call it the Best Evar haven't actually played other games from the genre to make that judgement. Same with Halo and Cod.
    - Super Smash bros. is made for two or more players. It wasn't made for tournament play, but for party play i.e. fun. Don't lump it in with all of those crappy party games though. Also it is at it's best when you are playing against your friends right on the same couch. Local multiplayer FTW. It's like calling out Mario Kart for not playing like a nascar game. Smash bros. is random and fun while other fighting games are competitive for tournament play. Same with Mario kart as it is for fun while other racing games are for tournament. Playing either outside of their environment and style makes them seem lacking.

I am quite the ranter myself.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

I tend never to finish any game I get. Especially RPGs. Megaman and Zelda are the exceptions, since I love them so much and have beaten almost every Megaman game and most Zelda games. Outside of that, I never usually finish them.

An example of this is that I've played every Final Fantasy game and only beaten 3. Most other times I stop in the middle, or even get to the final boss and end up dying every time and thus give up. (FFs beaten = FF6 [the best one], FFX, and FF1)

Thanks
    EP Points

I became a game Programmer to be able to make games I don't suck at without cheating.
    Darn username I in 2008... Stuck with it until Sony decides to allow us to change usernames...

Thanks

Worst Gaming Sin's...

Using a walk-through more than I should at the slightest hint of Challange.
    Not owning a PS3 or xBox360
    Only ever beating ONE Final Fantasy (it was VII as well, tho I got to the Final dungeon in IVDS, but it was too hard. Damn Japanese Difficulty.I got the Anthology Ver. Tho, So I'll beat the game using that one)
    The fact that my favorite series of games is Co-Created with Disney (Kingdom Hearts is Awesome (even if a little depressing at times)I love it so, so much)
    Never Beating a Dragon Quest game (Got mid-way through VIII and IX tho)
    and... Never beating a Shin Megami Tensei game outside of the Persona series (Persona 3/4 are GREAT games, I love'em to bits!)

Oh, and catching Poke fever in the last 2 years (It's like a drug, once you get hooked, You can't get off'em)
    "Xion, I don't want to kill you, and to prove that to you, I'm going to kill you!"
    -KingDUMB Hearts

Thanks

If possible I do cheat to get incredibly rare items I just don't have the time to grind for. It doesn't really take away anything from the game for me, because it is just time that wouldn't have been spent otherwise. Like recently I've been playing Borderlands, and instead of grinding/getting lucky for good weapons drops, and pearlscent weapons I use a program called willow tree to take a crap version of a weapon and make it maximum best possible by changing some of the gun parts and prefixes. Example I found an Atlas Ogre rifle that was originally 324 and modified some parts to make it 449 which is the highest possible they can spawn in game. Technically its a perfectly legit weapon, but the means I used to obtain it isn't legit. But nobody has to know otherwise. I don't spend a lot of time on the tedious stuff.

Thanks

I bought Final Fantasy XIII and had actually convinced myself it was fun. I was denial for quite a bit with that one.
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPITYTHEFOOLZ View Post
    I bought Final Fantasy XIII and had actually convinced myself it was fun. I was denial for quite a bit with that one.
    For me it's not necessarily that it isn't fun. It's kinda interesting and different of a battle system at first. Quickly though, you realize how tedious and annoying it becomes and you get sick of it. This is long after when you realized how shallow and absolutely linear the storyline is. -This- is SquareEnix's biggest gaming sin of all time: Final Fantasy 13.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I Kinda enjoyed the Marine Campaign of the new age AvP

Thanks

god, mine has to be majora's mask... it took me 7 years just to freaking figure out that the first temple that you had to set fire to the web... I was so damn mad i tried everything just to slash it. UNTIL I PLAYED OOT. (majora's mask was my first zelda) I got so freaking mad (insert Fuuuuuuuuuu- face here)
    HEAVEN OR HELL... DUEL ONE.... LET'S ROCK

Thanks

I hate puzzles in video games, period. Especially those stupid block ones like in Wild Arms games. Those are some seriously hard block puzzles, especially some of those in Wild Arms 3. I just use a guide for stuff like that and don't waste a lot of time with it. Also the sliding ice block puzzles in Alundra were pretty hard too. I would have never figured that out without a guide.

But from what I have seen the puzzles in Zelda games are some of the easier ones and almost never need a guide for those.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 9th-August-2011 at 00:03.