Thread: can't get my downloaded games to convert to PSX Roms/iso's

Thanks

Default can't get my downloaded games to convert to PSX Roms/iso's

I'm new to this whole thing I got ePSXe to work with help from the guys on this site so I thought I'd try this for the roms. I've rad all the help files but I can't seem to get my comprssed fles to convert to roms or isos. after download I end up with a ccd and bin type file I extract them but it doesn't help. I've downloaded winzip winrar and 7-zip and I can't get any of them to convert my downloads to a format my emulator will run. I'm trying to run Vandal hearts for the psx if that helps.

Thanks
    EP Points

the .bin files are the final product your emulator can run .bin files as for the .CCD files i believe you have to mount it to a virtual drive and get a program like imgburn to convert it into an ISO

EDIT: if its a .bin.ecm file you will need ECM tools from here, you need to drag and drop the .bin.ecm file onto the UNECM file that you got when you downloaded the ECM tools and it will extract it for you
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Ok thanks for the help I'll try it again and see if I can't figure ut what I'm missing. I appreciate the all the help.

Thanks

Alright dude I can't figure this out I downloaded 2 games, one game extracted as a bin the other as an img. I try to run them as an ISO with ePSXe I get an error running plug-ins message same thing happens when I try to run them as a bios of cdrom file. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I hope I'm not wearing on your patience dude but if you could give an amuture a little more help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousred View Post
    Alright dude I can't figure this out I downloaded 2 games, one game extracted as a bin the other as an img. I try to run them as an ISO with ePSXe I get an error running plug-ins message same thing happens when I try to run them as a bios of cdrom file. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I hope I'm not wearing on your patience dude but if you could give an amuture a little more help I'd really appreciate it.
    You need to set up the plugins before you can play any games.
    Check out http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ted-with-ePSXe for a bit more information. In particular you are going to want to focus on Step III.
    You are loading the game properly, but you haven't configured any plugins, so it's not going to work.
    Also, if you haven't downloaded a BIOS file, that guide will walk you through that as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    You need to set up the plugins before you can play any games.
    Check out http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ted-with-ePSXe for a bit more information. In particular you are going to want to focus on Step III.
    You are loading the game properly, but you haven't configured any plugins, so it's not going to work.
    Also, if you haven't downloaded a BIOS file, that guide will walk you through that as well.
    what he said
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys finally got this thing to work.