Thread: firmwares 5.03 vs 6.xx

Thanks
    EP Points

Default firmwares 5.03 vs 6.xx

Ok, I'm sure there is people playing on psps with 6.xx CFW.

I'm using a psp2k with CFW prom-4 5.03 - and I'm trying to use two modified/hacked dlc packs, but it seems that they won't work with my firmware even if they could actually work with 5.0 and 5.50 firmwares...

Either I'm doing something wrong, or there isn't enought info in the site. [of course I can't link to it because of forum rules]

Now, back on the firmware point: What are the benefits and problems of upgrading from 5.03 firmware to 6.xx firmware, since there is a CFW for it already available. [I'm thinking about extra things working on games, like the camera on Dead or Alive Paradise]

Thanks
    EP Points

Benefits? Nothing much really, only addition of 1 or 2 new features, like Digital Comic, and some games which are new can be played directly without being patched on CFW, unlike on lower CFW.
    Problems? Well, some of your game saves might get 'corrupted'(which are huge problem), limited plugins, etc. etc

If you still want to update, I recommend 6.20, and use PRO.