Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PSN Status Update: Stolen Information Detailed, more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Wasn't it hacked, at least partially, back in 2007?
    Perhaps.

But I wasn't a member then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    This is why I never really use any form of online transaction. Online shopping has never been secure, and probably never will be.

PSN cards everywhere.

Also, people actually used their real names and addresses when signing up?

Silly people.
    You had to enter your credit card details and billing info if you wanted to buy anything over PSN in this country, at least to begin with. That's the really annoying part. Sony didn't introduce the prepaid cards here until a year or two ago.

Thanks

And people wonder why Nintendo has been slow to get into online gaming...

Thanks
    EP Points

This thread is ruining my day and possibly my credit score.

Thanks

Not only was our info stored as plain text, but the Sony master account had the username User and the password Password !

Thanks

Sometimes, I wish I could be some kind of a mage or something to cast a painfull spell on the &%#ยค&% who may have stolen information and misused the info. >.<

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    This thread is ruining my day and possibly my credit score.
    You got:

Annoying Old Commercial

Max HP lowered!
    Strength -3
    Luck -27
    Hat Wearing +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    still, it's the first time this happen in gaming
    So? does it make any difference? or is this worse just cos Sony is the one affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    My issue isn't so much the fact that information has been breached, although that is a worry. The problem here is they clearly knew this was a possibility from the moment they took PSN offline, yet it's taken them a week to inform their customers of the fact. It's unprofessional and it's downright cowardly. They've fucked up here and they know it.
    They took PSN offline so there's nothing much to do until it's back up as far as changing passwords refers. And it's still unsure that the cc info was compromised, they want to be on the safe side with that announcement and cancelling a cc is a matter of minutes. I guess they didn't want to cause more alarm until they had a more accurate idea on what really happened.
    As you said, it's still something to be worried about, we know online shopping isn't as safe as some people want us to believe, but we have to assume the risks if we really want to get access to some stuff :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Fantastic. I'll be requesting a new credit card, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    This.
    The funny thing is, I just had my credit card information stolen earlier this month. So I'm already on fraud alert and have a new card coming in.

They took PSN offline so there's nothing much to do until it's back up as far as changing passwords refers. And it's still unsure that the cc info was compromised, they want to be on the safe side with that announcement and cancelling a cc is a matter of minutes. I guess they didn't want to cause more alarm until they had a more accurate idea on what really happened.
    As you said, it's still something to be worried about, we know online shopping isn't as safe as some people want us to believe, but we have to assume the risks if we really want to get access to some stuff :/
    I can agree with Cosmic that this possibility should have been announced from the get go, but I think anyone who had been paying attention would have realized that this was a possibility, and hopefully taken precautions against that fact. However, I wouldn't entirely put the blame on Sony -- the only thing that does upset me, a little bit, is the delay in notifying the possibility of having credit card information stolen. I don't really care about my home address or anything like that -- that information is easy enough to find with just a couple of Google searches, if someone really wanted to.

Thanks
    EP Points

So? does it make any difference? or is this worse just cos Sony is the one affected?
    If this happened to microsoft or nintendo first, the shitstorm would have been directed to them, but that didn't happened. And it breaks my heart.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cOcO! View Post
    If this happened to microsoft or nintendo first, the shitstorm would have been directed to them, but that didn't happened. And it breaks my heart.
    So it makes no difference, just what I thought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    You got:

Annoying Old Commercial
    Max HP lowered!
    Strength -3
    Luck -27
    Hat Wearing +1
    hey at least those guys are way better than that shitty new band they got for their ads.

COCO - I bet you Nintendo is next on the hackers shit lists....because they can(excuse)!

Thanks

While I am still in awe that it took this long to tell us about all this, and pissed off that someone may have my credit card number and expiration date (heard that the security code wasn't stolen from psn), the following amazes me more.

"What about our trophies? Are they safe?"

This was one of the comments on the playstation blog's post today about the info being stolen. As if trophies fucking matter. Stupid people :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A Walrus in Heat View Post
    This was one of the comments on the playstation blog's post today about the info being stolen. As if trophies fucking matter. Stupid people :/
    This unveils the class of people sony fanboys are.

Thanks

it would be kinda scary if some people hacked into Microsoft and took every bit of their possible information

Rewardsgaming.net