Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Downloading or owning it. Which is Better?

Thanks

Default Downloading or owning it. Which is Better?

Well, recently i was thinking that it was great that i could download the old games i used have or never knew existed on a console i had at the time. But recently i was thinking that maybe i should buy some of these instead of downloading, and i was thinking that is if we had the money too (Which is why i download in the first place tight on money)

Thanks
    EP Points

I like to DL them and test them, if they are worth the money, then well i buy them or set out to buy them.
    Its always better to own, purely becuase, those games arent being made anymore, so "classic" games will be worth alot more money.

Thanks
    EP Points

I prefer buying original copies cuz there are pretty much the perfect versions, a rom or iso can have errors, while on an actual copy the game is practically perfect.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

DL is okay but having a physical copy is always the best...in my case though that isn't always an option. So I do what I can to buy those that I see fit. I'm not gonna go buy something I just checked out hell if anything I look at that as an extended trial or demo.

When I download remakes of games I just say it's a backup cause I still own the original. In the end I still buy games, but I even had to sell most of my old games for some quick cash so I know what it's like being tight for cash. I couldn't get rid of my spare SNES though. I still plan on doing that Nintoaster mod someday.

Thanks

Well just this moment i placed an order for a N64 so that's one old system off my list Can't believe i have one again

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ryaneden View Post
    Well just this moment i placed an order for a N64 so that's one old system off my list Can't believe i have one again
    what's your list?

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ia rom or iso can have errors
    And this is what Redump.org is for

I prefer having a real copy but with money issues and acquiring a Rare game im perfectly fine with a rom or Disc image.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    what's your list?
    Well now it's only SNES and gameboy advance and a sega system

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ryaneden View Post
    Well now it's only SNES and gameboy advance and a sega system
    Which sega system?

Thanks

Being a console collector of sorts, I rather actually own the real thing. Just seeing the original graphics of the manuals and disc/cartridge, and all those goodies associated with, it really looks more impressive to not only myself, but to those who come and visit as well. You just don't get that with roms or cd's sitting in a spool.

My friends ex boyfriend always used to gloat about how he has so many games for the older consoles and I would go "oh yeah? lemme see" and he would go straight to his computer and I would retort "oh, so you have what everybody else who uses emulators has then...tsk, lame.". The fact of the matter is, emulation has been around for awhile now, it's nothing new and nothing even impressive anymore for those who know about it. It's just...Convenient. The impressiveness is just not there. Now when I tell people I still have a working(kinda) Intellivision(the console, not the plug and play) or 2600 woody, or NES and even Dreamcast. They're genuinely impressed by this, even if the game collection is either small, or just a standard of a few games. It's something they can hold, look at and feel in their hands. Having the original is always the best, especially from a collectors standpoint. It's something to show off and be proud of, because a lot of these games, consoles and so forth, aren't easy to find anymore, or expensive, or rare. It's a testament to the time and money you have spent looking for these things. Don't get me wrong, I love roms & isos even emulators, for the convenience and playing games or consoles you wanted to own as a kid, or even now but don't or never had the opportunity to play, however, it just doesn't beat the real deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    And this is what Redump.org is for

I prefer having a real copy but with money issues and acquiring a Rare game im perfectly fine with a rom or Disc image.
    I second Warrior's decision on the matter..as imports are freaking expensive....especially for old games!!

Thanks
    EP Points

honestly? i prefer DL them. just cuz it broadens my range of gaming. theres no way i could afford these games that i get. i mean sure it'd be nice to own a real copy. but then i'd also have to buy the system.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I Tend to buy all my games these days except its about 50/50 on my psp I do have like 40 umds on my psp

I Personally dont mind if the game is on Steam or GOG or a Boxed copy really. if i cant get a hold of a copy in CD/DVD or those 2 online stores ill then look to downloading it

Thanks

Anything that you pay $$ for already has more value to you. So all my SNES, PS2 and PS1, games mean alot to me, because I spent my earned money on them. Saying that I know I have spent a gang of cash on games, which is why I have no qualms pirating psp and ds games because I feel I put in my dues for a decade.

Do I still buy games? Not really. I go to gamestop buy a game, beat it in 2-3 days, return it for all my money back. If I cannot beat it within 7 days then it is worth keeping. Found a couple gems this way: Last Remnant and Resonance of Fate are good examples.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Supreme Warrior Guest

where do you live? in the USA you can not return a open game, only exchange it for another copy.