Thread: Controllers That've Seen Better Days

Thanks

Default Controllers That've Seen Better Days

I'm talking about controllers that have been used countless hours and just about are practically falling apart BUT ARE STILL WORKING!

I have two controllers, both for the PS2. I've used each at least 1000 hours.

PS2 Stock Controller (from launch day bundle)
    Spoiler warning:

This baby is still in use today, and somehow still works perfectly. The cord got twisted on the inside somehow, which is kind of weird. I think my brother did that.

Guitar Hero 2 Guitar
    Spoiler warning:

I had to save this controller a couple times. The red button stopped working, but I somehow fixed by screwing around on the inside. Sometimes the strum bar stopped work entirely, but it would revive itself if I left it alone a couple days.The spring is broken on the whammy bar, and most of the overlay on the whammy bar is completely gone, leaving some sort of copper or iron exposed. All the area that's covered in tape the wires are exposed. I don't use this one almost at all, but I tested that it still works.

Thanks
    EP Points

I take it that you're using that rubber band as a fix for the whammy bar? Because if so that's awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I take it that you're using that rubber band as a fix for the whammy bar? Because if so that's awesome.
    Yeah, it works better than new. I even put rubber bands on functional whammy springs just to add some tension.

Thanks

i used to have a ps2 controller like in the first picture. my dog chewed the crap out of it but it worked just fine. it was missing the rubber on the analog sticks and a few of the shape buttons but you could just push where it used to be and it would register XD
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Yeah, it works better than new. I even put rubber bands on functional whammy springs just to add some tension.
    I honestly wouldn't of thought of that. "Oops, my controller is broken, shit sucks, time to get a new one" probably would have been my logic progression.

On topic, my Street Fighter tournament edition arcade stick, which was working up until like 4 days ago. The joystick gets stuck in the up position easily and won't go back to the neutral position unless it's forced down, the a few screws on the panel are entirely stripped to the point where you could just pry it open, the edging on the upper left casing is pretty much nonexistent and 2 of the button stick.

Impressive considering it came to Afghanistan with me and was also dropped from the second story of a stairwell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wish i had a camera.

The neck on my GH2 controller is about 8 inches shorter than when i originally bought it.

Lets just say i failed one too many songs....
    Its now held together by duct-tape....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    I honestly wouldn't of thought of that. "Oops, my controller is broken, shit sucks, time to get a new one" probably would have been my logic progression.

On topic, my Street Fighter tournament edition arcade stick, which was working up until like 4 days ago. The joystick gets stuck in the up position easily and won't go back to the neutral position unless it's forced down, the a few screws on the panel are entirely stripped to the point where you could just pry it open, the edging on the upper left casing is pretty much nonexistent and 2 of the button stick.

Impressive considering it came to Afghanistan with me and was also dropped from the second story of a stairwell.
    Man, that would suck if you would buy a new guitar, especially with the new more advanced ones (AKA $$$$ ). I have the GH5 guitar and the spring broke in about a week.

Thanks

dont play guitar hero his for dorks

Thanks
    EP Points

All the Controllers I have are pretty much in the same condition as when i bought them, so i don't really have much to contribute.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Man, that would suck if you would buy a new guitar, especially with the new more advanced ones (AKA $$$$ ). I have the GH5 guitar and the spring broke in about a week.
    That arcade stick cost me over 100 dollars, I probably won't be replacing it any time soon.

Thanks
    EP Points

All of my Gamecube Nintendo controllers are done for. one of the analog sticks is always jammed. I'm going to say because of Melee & Brawl.

I haven't even found a GCN in stores for a long time now, luckily, the T-wireless counts as a GCN controller.

and it has a map feature, a really good one at that, so you can even swap the d-pad and analog stick. i got one for $9 at Meijer

Thanks

SNES controller, Select and Start buttons need to be pushed down with your nail to the point where it starts to hurt until it would register. The plastic between the ABXY buttons is also in pieces.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaVesko View Post
    SNES controller, Select and Start buttons need to be pushed down with your nail to the point where it starts to hurt until it would register. The plastic between the ABXY buttons is also in pieces.
    My snes controllers are a bit similar to this. You need to really push down on the start, select buttons for them to register. My guitar hero guitar controller is a bit cracked at the bottom when I slammed it down after failing a song, haha. It still works though. Most of my controllers are in good shape, however.

Thanks

Oh, yeah, one of my GC controllers is literally in two. It was a Wavebird, and I remember playing Melee I got super mad at a match and threw it across the room as hard as I could. It didn't hit anything, instead it flew out the window and dropped about 7 stories.