Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What game you beat and make you proud of that?

Thanks

Default What game you beat and make you proud of that?

The first game i remember of make me proud of beat is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. That the first big game i beat, and it's not just reach the end of the level without dying, there's a whole history behind that. When i beat him, i was in 6th grade. I was so happy, that i even used "i beat link to the past" to hit on a girl. Didn't work, of course, but still... that game make me really proud.

Thanks

Been gaming since 1988 but imma go with Final Fantasy 7 i was the first of my freinds to beat it master it and brag about for months....challegning wise....shining force 2 when i was 11...wow 1994 so long ago.....

Thanks
    EP Points

Touhou: Subterranean Animism, I may or may not of cried tears of joy when I beat it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

100% on FFX

Thanks
    EP Points

Mario kart!
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks

For most pay off for effort it was finishing of Emerald weapon in FF7 it was epic! As for utter challange running Gears of War on the hardest setting with my brother that was hard!! But fun XD

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Umm... probably the Batman game for the NES. Which wasn't too long ago... damn close to 20 years to beat the damn game.

Spoiler warning:

This one. Not the "Return of the Joker" one.

Thanks

I remember bragging about ff8...but only because I was racing my friend and I managed to beat ultima and the game before him :3

Thanks
    EP Points

Dino Crisis, I beat it before my older brothers. And I didn't even know how to get to the first dino for 5 years

Thanks

Ninja Gaiden Black

Master Ninja

Nigga what

Thanks

Devil May Cry 3 Dante Must Die mode
    Resident Evil 4 Professional Mode

Thanks

Virtual-On MARZ. Granted, that game sucks, but I'm a big VON fan and unlocking the White Knight was just excellent.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks

Ninja Gaiden 3 on the NES. I was down to my last man, one stick of energy left, no continues... and I was dodging attacks from the last boss. It was him or me.... I only had 1 chinese star left to throw. Otherwise, I couldn't get close enough to hit him without getting hit first.

I jumped, threw the star.... paused the game and prayed for the damned thing to hit. Because I sure as hell didn't want to start from the first stage again. Kissed the paused chinese star on the tv screen and yelled at it to hit the damned target. (Yeah. Corny. I know. But cut me some slack... I was a 6th grader at the time...) With great nervousness, I unpaused the game.... and it hit it's target.

With my eyes now wide, I jumped up with the controller in my hand screaming "YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!"

To this day, I never forgot how I felt beating that hard ass game while in that situation.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Back when I was a kid, beating the final stage of Tetris Attack (Bowser, Hardest Mode) was one of the biggest fuck yeah moments I'd had in video games.

More recently, I finally had the courage to face Zeromus for the first time (FFIV, SNES) and I won. There's also that 1cc on Touhou - Imperishable Night on Hard.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh yeah. The first time I beat Final Fantasy for the NES. Cartridge, not emulation, so no save states or anything. Similar story to DarkJusticeX, where I had one guy left and the next attack against me was going to be one of those attacks that hits everyone on the screen, so it didn't matter if I revived or not. I managed to get in two attacks with my fighter, who had like... 20HP left... and the second attack killed him.

I was freaking ecstatic. Not necessarily an overly hard game, but I usually quit RPGs after about two hours of playing.