Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Throw it Down: What Game(s) Are You Good At?

Thanks

Well I'm generally good at shooters. Currently playing Medal of Honor online and I'm usually in the top 2 of my team. But I kick ass in Gears of war, Halo, Cod, and we still lan a little counter strike every now and then.

Only fighter I'm really good at is Tekken and I Guess street fighter 4. I cant really test out my sf skills because all my friends prefer Tekken.

Sports games. Mainly FIFA, Rugby and Fight Night. And I'm decent in most RTS's. Pretty good at company of Heroes.

As for RPG's... wouldn't consider myself really good. But I still love'em!

Last but certainly not least. Dirt 1 and 2. The only racing games I play because I gave up on all the others. But I kick ass with Dirt!
    Last edited by Nick; 14th-May-2011 at 10:33.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    As for RPG's... wouldn't consider myself really good. But I still love'em!
    Just takes some minor thinking. RPGS are rarely actually hard.

Thanks

Fighters, RPG's, and RTS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by darkjusticex View Post
    I pretty much gave up on being hardcore with MK after MK2. The way I figure it, if those bastards won't take the time to let you the player make Shang Tsung morph in all the other games like he does in MK2, then I say good day to you sir! With MK Shaolin Monks being the only exception to that rule!

Not letting the player control Shang Tsung's morphs in a MK game is just...... WRONG. And laziness.
    Uh...he did have that ability after MK2. In MK3 and MKT he had loads of morphs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't even bother facing me in Guitar Hero. You'll lose.

Ahh, Miku! She's so AWESOME!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Zelda
    Guitar Hero/Rock Band
    Action RPGs.
    GTA.
    SF 2.

Those are the games off the top of my head. If I really get into a game, I can get really good at it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Gears of War 1 & 2 online.

But don't ask to play me, I haven't played for months, you're likely to beat me.

Thanks

2D fighters. ALL of Capcoms "VS" series. And I dabble in some SNK fighters. Guilty Gear series is my strongest.
    Arcade Puzzle games like Puzzle de Pon or Puzzle Bubble. I don't count my levels but I know a quarter will last me a washermachine load.

RPG's also. Most mechanics are same: upgrade weapons, use the right "Weakness", when in doubt grind. If I had to pick what kind of RPG's it would be anything DnD based like NWN or Icewind Dale. I used to play pen and paper so I know how to make my characters.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks

I'm pretty good at RPGs mostly because I can grind for ages because I can be patient, on a few occasions I'd found myself doing maths and thinking "All right, I need 185EXP then I get to the next level, and most of these guys give me around 235EXP so I should level up next round!" Then I'd proceed to hit myself because I don't like maths. And as soon as it starts mixing with things I do like it's all gonna go downhill.
    I think platformers? I'm not sure, I have passed a few hard ones, but that was also heavily due to the fact I'd keep trying straight after dying.

Thanks

I'd say I'm pretty badass at Giga Wing, Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition, and Mega Man 2. Worked on being a force in Soldier of Fortune 2 but just kind of lost interest.

-Z

Thanks

Pretty much any rpg, Rockband and Guitar Hero, turn based and real time strategy, action rpg's like diablo and champions of norrath, FPS' especially Battlefield and COD,Third Person Shooters especially stealth games like splinter cell, Puzzle games, survival horror, and some racing games like Midnight Club and Gran Turismo, and the only fighting game i am great at is MVC 3 but i love most of them. The 2 games i am greatest at are Final Fantasy (any) and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Oh yeah, and to think i almost forgot minecraft.
    Last edited by Eweendeye; 15th-May-2011 at 17:27.

Someday I shalt be human again

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Smash Bros. Brawl I love that game.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

Tekken. I will slaughter anyone in Tekken. Won 2 Tekken Tag Tournaments, for cash pots,at the game room on my Campus. Won 3 more of them at the Wifi gaming hub downtown in my city. Doesn't matter which Tekken as long as its after 3. The slower speed Tekkens throw off my timing now. Usually when I'm playing competitively I let the other player chose my character. Zool style. I tend to say "Choose the form of your destructor" too. It makes people really angry when they think they're good, and you let them pick horrible characters for you and rip them up anyway.
    I used to be really good at Street Fighter 2 also. I don't know if I would still have that particular skill or not. Its been a really long time since I've played. Never got into the Alpha series.
    I was always really good at one hit kill flying games too. Like Raiden and UN Squadron. The ones that pretty much just require quick reflexes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Basically anything for NES. Super Mario brothers, ninja turtles, Dr. Mario, etc. All the classic faves. We only had an NES for a long time. My neighbor would occasionally leave his snes or sega at the house and that was a real treat. I didn't get an snes of my own until PS1 was damn near launched. Anything older I'm very good at. I have a 360 now and there are a few games like Halo and such that I'm pretty badass at, but I grow tired of modern games. I hate having to learn a million controls for a new game and the fact that you have to play for an hour or so to get to the next save. Give me a good half hour of button smashing any day. I will say that my pilotwings game is off the chain. I can get 100 on damn near every level. Oh, and F-zero. I can really whip that stingray.

*Edit* Also RTS like supreme commander, Warcraft, Starcraft 1 and 2, etc.
    Last edited by Mailmann006; 15th-May-2011 at 19:49.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    Oh, and F-zero. I can really whip that stingray.
    I forgot about F-zero. Pretty much the only racing series I like. I always use the light armor/fast acceleration vehicles. Like the golden fox