Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke Nukem Forever Hopes?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Duke Nukem Forever Hopes?

After all this time DNF is confirmed to be released, and seems promising. What are your expectations and pessimisms regarding this game? What should they have kept from the last games and what should they change. How do you think it will stand up against giants like Halo, Gears of War, and other games that shroud the gaming market and communities?
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Saw this vid some time ago... they should definitely add this as a weapon

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

It will definitely be better than the other games you mentioned considering Halo and Gears of War were never that great in the first place. The original Duke Nukem games are still kick ass. Its Duke Nukem. If they somehow manage to fuck it up then I'll have lost all hope for gaming =/

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I honestly think that the best thing they could do for the game, is to stick to their guns. If they try and pull things from other games, it will just get lost in the mix and no one will give a flying fuck. I think if they stick to the feel of the original, with all of it's humor and ridiculous enemies and level designs, then it'll be awesome. That's what everyone loved, the humor and what not. The shooting was really good for the time, but I don't think that's what drew people to it (at least that's not really what drew me to it)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    Saw this vid some time ago... they should definitely add this as a weapon

Haha wtf?
    I hope that it's more than just a feces throwing contest That's certainly an odd video to use for marketing

Thanks

They should be fucking sued (I wonder if it's possible? I'll investigate.) for releasing it this late and keeping a rabid fanbase waiting for 10+ years. Although of course, nothing happened to Axl Rose when he released Chinese Democracy.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarianoRyu View Post
    They should be fucking sued (I wonder if it's possible? I'll investigate.) for releasing it this late and keeping a rabid fanbase waiting for 10+ years.
    Well, better late than never...

Just hope it won't turn out like another failed Halo clone...

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

I think controls matter the most to me, if it feels dated, I might not like it as much. Can someone also tell me if they just upped the graphics on the game, or if they put more work into it to bring it to this generation's standards (this generation does have standards, just not all games follow it.) Not to make Duke sound bad, but I particularly liked Halo and Gears more than Duke Nukem. But if this comes out, then maybe the possibility that any game you want made that should have been made 10 years ago or more, still has a possibility of being made. I particularly wish for a console Pokemon that plays just like the handheld ones, but with better graphics.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    Well, better late than never...

Just hope it won't turn out like another failed Halo clone...
    This. I really, really, really just hope its not a "run through corridor, shoot thing, boss." repeat.

Thanks

All I hope for is that it is a LONG and SATASFYING game. complete with dificult challenges, lots of extras, story twists and turns, humongous bosses and unconventional ways of fighting them. I would imagine if they took 12 years to make it, then it should take at least 2 years of casual gaming to beat it, let alone complete it %100 (all weapons, secrets, collectables, etc...) If I know 3D-REALMS, they should deliver with as much ambition as the first Duke Nukem 3D, 'cept bigger, better, and badder! I am very optimistic about the release, because if it sucks, I'm never playing Duke Nukem again! (and I really like Duke Nukem!)

I particularly wish for a console Pokemon that plays just like the handheld ones, but with better graphics.
    AMEN! I wanted that ever since the N64!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 19th-April-2011 at 17:30. Reason: use the EDIT button!
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

People always want old series that are returning, to be just like the old games were (not EQUAL, but at least with the same gameplay). But developers wants the new, to keep up with other new series, like Sonic, they made it 3D to compete with Mario, but not everybody liked it, as they did with Mario. But than Sonic keep changing, and more people start to abandon it. Now Sonic is returning back to the classic.

We'll have to see what they did with this Duke. I like the old Duke, but if this Duke changes gameplay a little, I don't think it will ruin it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope that the health mechanic isn't "screen is going red, hide to recover" bs, and actually a meter you need health kits to stay alive. I also hope that the guns will be and feel awesome to use, especially a shotgun or big ass machine gun. I hope it's actually good in general and doesn't have level designs that are just long hallways like in modern FPSs now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nessdude View Post
    I hope that the health mechanic isn't "screen is going red, hide to recover" bs, and actually a meter you need health kits to stay alive. I also hope that the guns will be and feel awesome to use, especially a shotgun or big ass machine gun. I hope it's actually good in general and doesn't have level designs that are just long hallways like in modern FPSs now.
    You have a good point, but games with health packs tend to hinder gameplay if you think about it. Scavenging for health packs gets old,especially if you're trying to keep the action going. Taking cover and recovering may take a little time (a relatively short amount of time usually), but in my opinion: it's better to be able to recover in the middle of a firefight than run out of health kits, die, and start all over again. Besides, would you use health kits when bullets are flying at you, or would you take cover?

BTW: This is just my personal opinion, so I hope it isn't offensive to say it.
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhunter View Post
    You have a good point, but games with health packs tend to hinder gameplay if you think about it. Scavenging for health packs gets old,especially if you're trying to keep the action going. Taking cover and recovering may take a little time (a relatively short amount of time usually), but in my opinion: it's better to be able to recover in the middle of a firefight than run out of health kits, die, and start all over again. Besides, would you use health kits when bullets are flying at you, or would you take cover?

BTW: This is just my personal opinion, so I hope it isn't offensive to say it.
    That's why I didn't have a problem with the cover system in Call of Duty 2. It might have been the only good thing about that game.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks

Hopefully it won't be the Chinese Democracy of video games. . . Not saying it was a bad album for everyone,but it disappointed quite a few people.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!