Thread: Converting .MCR (PSX) saves back to the the RAW save compatible w/ real PS1 Memcards!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Default Converting .MCR (PSX) saves back to the the RAW save compatible w/ real PS1 Memcards!

What?:

convert your .MCR (for PSX) save files to RAW files compatible for a real PSX memcard. You need: 1. a

PS2 console w/ an elf launcher (FMCB exploit or chipped) that can paste your saves, 2. a real PS1 memcard to paste

them to, and 3. These 2 files for the conversion:

PSX Game Edit 1.60:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. PSXRC:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Why?:

If you ever have a PSX-PSP (eboot) save file saved w/ CW cheat (MCR only!) and/or a ePSXe save you

want to paste onto your real PSX MC (only PS1/PSX MCs!) using Ulaunch, being fully playable, I'm just putting

this conversion method out there for you to use.

How?:

Step 1:

Get your .MCR save file ready from CW cheat, ePSXe, etc. and be sure to open psxge160 for the next step.

Spoiler warning:

Step 2:

Go to File>Open Memcard Image>...MCR in psxge160

And open the .MCR save file you want (names don't matter yet).

Spoiler warning:

Step 3:

There may be more than one save on your .MCR file (like mine), ok, that's fine, select the one you want (only

one!) and go to:

File>Save Single Game Save>...MCS

And click "Save" w/ the default names and only as an .MCS file! as I did.

Spoiler warning:

Step 4:

Drag that .MCS file over to your PSXRC icon to convert to the RAW MC file

Spoiler warning:

Step 5:

Congradulations, you can paste this file (once again, don't rename it of course!) onto your PS1 memcard (only real PS1

MCs, @ the root) using Ulaunch for either your PS2/PS1 console(s)!Also, IDK about PS3, so emulated MC's may
    vary

Spoiler warning:
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Destrudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll have to try this, then I won't have to play Diablo through normal again just so I can level in hell mode.