Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii 2 is 'Project Café'

Thanks

Remember the early rumors that the "Revolution" was going to have a touch screen controller?

Thanks

I think all these comments about it costing too much shows that people in modern times have overlooked all the qualities that kept ahead of the crowd.
    (This guy thinks the Wii won this gnerations console war!? HA!)
    Yeah that's right, that's why they tried stealing the gameplay concept and were laughed away by consumers while the Wii is in every 'real' gamers house either collecting dust or amazing them every single day.
    Old fogies and young minded masters alike can find something on the Wii, ESPECIALLY in the hardcore department, unless you're stupid.

I seriously doubt Nintendo's new system will have specs 'better' than XBox360 or PS3. Nintendo has a habbit of innovation over current gen power.

BECAUSE HELLO affordability makes sales. Ingenuity makes sales. Power houses and over-priced 'gotta have the new item' thought processes are the only thing that sold Ps3 and XBox 360.
    Except Gears of War and MGS4. Anything awesome came after those (or around their release dates, as holds true to Soul Calibur 4. INWHICH the PSP version iproved upon and ZOMG WHAT PSP IS NOT IN HD!? Yes it can be played on one with a very costly wire and more costly version of it. But it isn't IN HD.)

Too many harsh concepts towards your favorite systems? Well stop wasting your time thinking the same thing all the time or reiterating yourselves to the obvious. Everyone knows what advantages PS3 and XBox had over the Wii. And everyone knows that Wii's have been collecting too much dust in most homes. Hence Nintendo knowing it's time for an update. Although I'm skeptical that it will be any MORE powerful than current gen (even if a little) but more innovative. And pricing will be extremely affordable, as Nintendo stays on top by remembering what's most important: customer satisfaction.

I can't even move over purchased properties to a new PS3 when I bought ALL the software DL's AND both systems. But if my Wii breaks and the Big N replaces it, ZOMG they can transfer my account over and keep my purchased online software! OH AND FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's awesome that PS3 and XBox360 allowed us to have BatMan Arkham Asylum, Bayonetta (which takes place in the Sonic universe for those who have no clue. AND YES it references plenty of other games, I'm not paranoid or uninformed.) Army of Two, Prototype, Resident Evil 5 (co-op with my ex-wife-now was awesome,) and Red Dead Redemption. But most of my joy comes from the RE-DOWNLOADING of PS1 games or others that the ORIGINAL Ps3 had backwards compatibility to, but they SNAKED their way (in the bad sense) around it quickly for new online property sales.

PS3.
    Now.
    Does.
    Everything.

Ever since they put that in commercials, most people became idiots who forgot it HAD MORE storage before, had backwards compatibility before, had more USB ports before. EXACTLY WTF is "Everything" when it does less than it EVER has before? I don't care about stupid music programs or Playstation Home either. I have a life. (And that's saying something considering I'm disabled and spend almost all my years in 1 room lately.) PS3 is the largest let down in video game history if you didn't have much money. I didn't so I didn't get much out of it. (Or SexBoxLoser60) since I paid full price for it, WAS BROKEN right out of the box, returned it for another one WHICH WAS BROKEN right out of the box. I can't afford this grbage. Others rolled the dice and got lucky, I did not. And I don't roll dice for 700$-Plus anymore.

Until a new powerhouse has a new MGS or a Poke'mon sequel with new characters and innovation accurately recreating the inspiration of the first 2 generations, I'm not spending a dime on modern garbage. Look at what this state of gaming-politics did to te creator of MegaMan. He ran out on it.

Now I'm being OVERLY negative. I like to play devil's advocate by knowing everyting about every system, NOT because I think everyone else is wrong, but that I can hold up BOTH ends of the conversation. What ever seems to be left out of the equation I balance. I see so many comments here of people who don't have experience because they've lived 1 lifestyle, or had enough income. My life is extremely spurratic (I couldn't find the correct spelling, I talk more than type.) I've been homeless, dieing, happy, poor, well-off, hungry and fat within the last few years. I've seen every side of every system and understand everyone's points of view. Remember there is always a counterbalance to your logic. You can only see things from your consumer-loyalty point of view. BUT THAT IS WHY I love you guys @ Emuparadise so much. There's enough diversity and intelligence between the entire community to overshadow the single-minded 'truths' that usually end up in garbage locations, like XBox-only forums, or GameInformer. Propaganda.

There's enough experience here all around to help us all keep in check. If my comment stirs up feelings, good. I just wanted you to think. Even if it's just to justify your side of things. As you do, so wil someone else. I get to see every reaction and add to my knowledge of examples of product-loyalty, blindness, intelligence, and long term experience. I benefit from every single one of those. Weighing out the idiot response is important. If your target audience is made up of most of them, you have to appeal to them. Knowing what "hardcore or "experienced" or "sentimental" gamers all want aren't always the same thing. If the conversation leaned too much any direction I would address the flaws of the other. Everyone easily defends or breaks down another system. I just like learning more by stimulating your point of view. In the end, Wii won, but it's all up to perspective.

The truth is, if you had fun this generation YOU were the winner.
    I met a guy today who loves XBox360 and World of Warcraft and he wasn't an idiot. I have to have reminders like that or I become and stay biased. If I do that, then I become subject to what I am trying to destroy - negative reinforced product loyalty. It destroys video games because the consumer thinks that calling "all 3D Sonic games horrible" or "why can't SEGA make a GOOD 3D Sonic game??"

Let me ask you something, what do you call Sonic Adventure 1 and 2?
    You ask a Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Space Chanel fan, and they may tell you the greatest games of all time. (Aside from other Dreamcast classics.)
    I sound overly negative, but I'm just looking for response. Remember I experiment in conversation more than have my own actual feelings putting stock into them. I don't ACTUALLY have 1 view.

Thanks

This all sounds like a bunch of horse shit, to me. Especially the controller.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez1985 View Post
    *snip*
    Posting while on an acid trip is not advised.

Thanks

I don't know if it's been posted or not, but the specifications have been reported (not confirmed).

Source - Wii News: Wii 2 is 'Project Cafe', says report - tech specs, controller details claimed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

As if you haven't had enough today, the latest Wii 2 rumour report has emerged - and it's a big one, claiming tech specs and controller details for the not-so-secret-anymore Nintendo console.

French site 01net, which previously released the NGP specs long before any official announcement, has backed up widespread claims that Nintendo will reveal its next console at E3 this year.

It's also backed up CVG's scoop that the console's controller will feature a built-in high-resolution screen.

According to the latest report, 'Wii 2' is being internally referred to as 'Project Café', and sports architecture similar to that of the Xbox 360, "but a bit more powerful".

It says the console will include a custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512Mb of RAM.

This would of course make HD console ports very easy for developers, but 'Project Café' will also include backwards compatibility with both the Wii (including all peripherals) and GameCube games, it's said.

The controller has a six-inch touch screen, a front-facing camera, D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers and "possibly more," and can allegedly be used as a Wii sensor bar.
    Last edited by DarkSamus; 18th-April-2011 at 05:02.

Try @ES, it will change the way you emulate games

Thanks

(is officially pissed off now......)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't even move over purchased properties to a new PS3 when I bought ALL the software DL's AND both systems. But if my Wii breaks and the Big N replaces it, ZOMG they can transfer my account over and keep my purchased online software! OH AND FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Except you can. OH AND FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, several of us around these parts exploit this fact to score free games.

Thanks

*rant*
    My eyes burned.

You have to admit, it wouldn't cost much to actually get PS3 like graphics now, since the GPU of the PS3 is it's bottleneck. The processor might be a different story. The R700 isn't expensive at all now! That's the HD4xxx series for y'all.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks
    EP Points

It says the console will include a custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512Mb of RAM.
    I don't talk tech, what does it mean, lol. I heard people talking about the shaders. They said only PCs can do that, so thats good right?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    I don't talk tech, what does it mean, lol. I heard people talking about the shaders. They said only PCs can do that, so thats good right?...
    What those specs "should" mean is a console with about 1.5 times the power of a 360/PS3. I really could use an extra 256MB ram though for more detailed textures.

What is a texture I hear you ask?

Image 1 shows a 3D model without texturing
    Image 2 shows the same model with textures

Get a plain white box and start drawing on the outside of it and you are essentially giving it "textures"

More ram would enable developers to have better detail in the textures
    Last edited by DarkSamus; 18th-April-2011 at 23:14.

Try @ES, it will change the way you emulate games

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Snip
    Thats some serious wall of text dude.

Ill Shorten it for ya "Each to there own, if you enjoy it who cares what others think"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Thats some serious wall of text dude.

Ill Shorten it for ya "Each to there own, if you enjoy it who cares what others think"
    This.

Hmm, I'm seriously wondering what the price of this thing will be. I hope Nintendo won't pull a Sony E3 2006.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

I really think Nintendo should go with at least 1gb of ram, considering it's fairly cheap for pc's right now, it shouldn't be too expensive for the next wii to feature it. Considering that Sony always goes with the tech route, I wouldn't be surprised if the next PlayStation (anywhere from 2-8 years from now is my guess) will have at least 4gb of ram, so Nintendo should release earlier than both consoles and be close to twice as powerful or more than the 360 or PS3. The only thing I'm worried about graphic-wise in the next few years is that if it gets any closer to being realistic is that the artists who do graphics for games will take a lot more time making graphics and games will take anywhere from an extra 6 months to a year to make a game. The gap for Final Fantasy games could be huge (but considering how much they improve graphics for each game, maybe it won't affect Square). In the next decade, I hope as the power gap gets shorter for each console, developers will focus on making better games than graphics (not that some good games aren't being made, it just seems like in the SNES and PSX days more great games were made than now.) This is just my opinion, feel free to debate it.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

And will come at the recession busting price of 10 grand.

Thanks
    EP Points

The people whom made Crysis 2 want atleast 8Gs of RAM for next gen consoles