Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii 2 is 'Project Café'

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    It may just be me, but I feel like we're finally reaching the proverbial corner into which we've been painting ourselves since the console wars began.

In other words, THE END IS NIGH!

Too bad that end is a dead end.
    Wait...what? Nintendo victor? Naw can't be. Come on MS make xbox 720 already.

Thanks
    EP Points

It may just be me, but I feel like we're finally reaching the proverbial corner into which we've been painting ourselves since the console wars began.

In other words, THE END IS NIGH!

Too bad that end is a dead end.
    Well, it comes out (speculation) by the end of 2012, but we should all be dead by then, lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Electrona View Post
    Wait...what? Nintendo victor? Naw can't be. Come on MS make xbox 720 already.
    I'm not really saying Nintendo's gonna "win" (although if anyone could win, I'd vote Nintendo ), I'm saying we're kind of reaching the end of the tech rope. Things are gonna get more detailed, but eventually its gonna come down to "Look, now the grass bends realistically under your character's feet!", and I feel like the only place to go after photo-realism is augmented reality.

Which will be awesome when it's perfected, especially for horror games.

Except when you start seeing the monsters you were fighting after you're done playing.

Thanks
    EP Points

some more stuff:

Today, Edge weighs in, saying it has its own details on Nintendo's Wii success. "Ubisoft, Activision and Electronic Arts have had development units of the new hardware for months," Edge says. The system features motion control, Edge adds, "with capabilities that are 'better than [PlayStation] Move.'"

Supreme Warrior Guest

So will it use a Real controller?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not really saying Nintendo's gonna "win" (although if anyone could win, I'd vote Nintendo ), I'm saying we're kind of reaching the end of the tech rope. Things are gonna get more detailed, but eventually its gonna come down to "Look, now the grass bends realistically under your character's feet!", and I feel like the only place to go after photo-realism is augmented reality.

Which will be awesome when it's perfected, especially for horror games.

Except when you start seeing the monsters you were fighting after you're done playing.
    Don't say that because that would so happen to me if it is perfected.

Me: "Oh noes! Please, anything but the chain saw!!!"
    *Wakes up from dream.*
    "Oh shit, that was one realistic nightmare...well time to play RE Augmented."
    *5 minutes later.*
    "Oh noes! Please, anything but the chainsaw!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

While im not worried about the tech specs.. hell lets face it people rag on the PSP which is tech alot better than NDS and if you forget the 3D screen on the 3DS even better than that unit.

It will be How Nintendo choose to use that power! and if looking at the 3DS so far even though its early days im kinda worried

Thanks

I'm sure they'll use the power well, heck, Super Mario Galaxy squeezed so much out of the Wii it practically looks like an early 360 game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaVesko View Post
    I'm sure they'll use the power well, heck, Super Mario Galaxy squeezed so much out of the Wii it practically looks like an early 360 game.
    Its not Nintendo Dev's im worried about its the others

Thanks

I agree with all points. You win.

Who knows what the future holds though.

And at least the next Nintendo console has some more punch. The Wii didn't even really match up the old Xbox. This is a pleasant change of pace in terms of specs with Nintendo.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Its not Nintendo Dev's im worried about its the others
    Hah, true.

I'm sure 3rd party titles will look good too, after all, it's supposed to have an easier architecture to program for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaVesko View Post
    Hah, true.

I'm sure 3rd party titles will look good too, after all, it's supposed to have an easier architecture to program for.
    I hope so, it's usually Nintendo games that everyone looks forward to on Nintendo consoles. . . They need more appealing third party games for their systems, not just crappy ports.

Thanks

That controller sounds horrible.

"The controller boasts a six-inch touch-screen, a front-facing camera, d-pad, two bumpers, two triggers, and “possibly more,” according to the site. It can also be used as a Wii sensor bar."

I'm surprised they didn't add in a refrigerator and a toaster to it too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post

That controller sounds horrible.

"The controller boasts a six-inch touch-screen, a front-facing camera, d-pad, two bumpers, two triggers, and “possibly more,” according to the site. It can also be used as a Wii sensor bar."

I'm surprised they didn't add in a refrigerator and a toaster to it too.
    They may be headed in the wrong direction...not that they knew which way to go in the first place.

Thanks

It does sound absurd. Besides, it isn't officially confirmed yet, so this is all stuff from the rumor mill.