Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default My Phantasy Star Online mod video

This is a mod for Phantasy Star Online for the original xbox to let you play online quests in offline mode

Youtube link

This also includes the Download Quest, "Central Dome Fire Swirl"

I had to shorten some of the quest names for the guild list aswell as the quest descriptions at the guild

The game was also modded to be able to play offline mode without a Live account

At the moment this is a private mod so hands off, this may change soon though

Video captured via ezcap usb hardware and Dscaler software on my laptop, then resampled to a xvid/mp3 *.avi with avidemux.

My Xbox is modded via a softmod called xbmc and uses a skin called MC360 that clones an early 360 dashboard also I have a large HDD installed to allow my games to be installed onto it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2011 at 18:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

nice job! loved the ol PS game sfor genesis with 4 being my fav!
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Thanks
    EP Points

This is completely unrelated to your mod, which I'm sure is fantastic by the way -- Just not for me.

But I'm more interested in the Ezcap you used to capture the footage... I know they're really cheap, but are they easy to use? I would like to get some decent footage of N64, Playstation 1/2, XBOX and Gamecube stuff myself. Also they work on Windows 7 right?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

yes yes yes yes roles eyes yes

too many yes's

you do need to be carefull what version you get though, read the reviews on the official site and make sure you get the one that will work with 360 [set display to NTSC_433]

for win7 I was sure I needed extra drivers for the sound from the official site

Only tested xbox, xbox 360 and Dreamcast myself, quality is far from perfect by the way, um beter than what my vid shows though, very fine text is hard to read, mostly will just apply to high res consoles/games.

For the quality think of your old TV but very slightly more blurred, not too bad, but not perfect, though remember this is only a AV signal
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2011 at 19:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    yes yes yes yes roles eyes yes

too many yes's

you do need to be carefull what version you get though, read the reviews on the official site and make sure you get the one that will work with 360 [set display to NTSC_433]

for win7 I was sure I needed extra drivers for the sound from the official site

Only tested xbox, xbox 360 and Dreamcast myself, quality is far from perfect by the way, um beter than what my vid shows though, very fine text is hard to read, mostly will just apply to high res consoles/games.
    I don't want to record 360, don't own one at the minute. I meant the original XBOX.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You still want the one that works with 360 some of the others don't work with consoles too well they will mention 360 in the description, I didn't intend to say you had one or wanted to record one

edited in more info on the quality... quality isn't as bad as I made it sound at first

now you can get out my thread

... spammer

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]