Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so, them anonymous. I heard they broke PSN.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default so, them anonymous. I heard they broke PSN.

have they? I heard it has been down for a couple of days, but i don't own a ps3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    have they? I heard it has been down for a couple of days, but i don't own a ps3.
    It's down, but it's not Anon. They even apologized to PSN subscribers for their original attack.

Thanks

Well the PSN is definitely down. Has been for 3 days now. I heard it wasn't them. Then I heard it was. Then I heard it wasn't. Then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyI5IrF_r0I
    I'm not sure what to think at this point. I'm just angry that I can't play online during my spring break. Check out the comments that I left for the video. My youtube profile name is KVSMARATHON. It's probably a few pages back now. I felt like my side needed some intelligent representation in protest to this. Sometimes name calling doesn't get the job done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I haven't been able to get on since Anonymous took down Sony, so I just put my PS3 away for a while, plus I don't have the time right now, but to be honest I can kinda see why Anonymous did it.

Its funny seeing threads at other forums of people freaking out because they can't play Black Ops. There is more to a video game then multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticandrage View Post
    Well the PSN is definitely down. Has been for 3 days now. I heard it wasn't them. Then I heard it was. Then I heard it wasn't. Then I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyI5IrF_r0I
    I'm not sure what to think at this point. I'm just angry that I can't play online during my spring break. Check out the comments that I left for the video. My youtube profile name is KVSMARATHON. It's probably a few pages back now. I felt like my side needed some intelligent representation in protest to this. Sometimes name calling doesn't get the job done
    I fucking lol'ed at the background music. Creative

Thanks

Yeah a friend of mine is really angry for that very reason. I can see why Anonymous did it too. I just think they're going about it the wrong way. They're only hurting other gamers. That is, if it was really them

I think the whole thing is pretty obnoxious. Making a point is one thing but this is effecting a lot of people. Whoever is responsible, Sony included, is pretty lame in my opinion
    Last edited by plasticandrage; 23rd-April-2011 at 17:05.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah a friend of mine is really angry for that very reason. I can see why Anonymous did it too. I just think they're going about it the wrong way. They're only hurting other gamers. That is, if it was really them
    I was just reading the comments on the video, what a bunch of whiners, lol, There is more to life then gaming.

Yeah I mean I think Sony is fucking with shit and screwing things up and saying its maintance.

Thanks

It wouldn't surprise me either way really. I discovered last night that Netflix works without being connected to the PSN. At least for the time being. That's what was really effecting me. I need television. The house is too damn quiet sometimes without it

Thanks

I don't think it's Anon that's causing the downtime, I think it's either another group of hackers, a splinter cell or maybe someone from /v/. /b/ isn't where EVERY hacker on 4chan hangs out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm just angry that I can't play online during my spring break.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    Its funny seeing threads at other forums of people freaking out because they can't play Black Ops. There is more to a video game then multiplayer.
    Online gaming reminds me so much of social networking sites thesedays: some people just can't live with the idea that you can use a PC online and not go near the likes of facepalmbook, etc.........and some gamers can't live with the idea of playing games by themselves, or just using lan games with friends.

Does Black Ops actually work offline?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Online gaming reminds me so much of social networking sites thesedays: some people just can't live with the idea that you can use a PC online and not go near the likes of facepalmbook, etc.........and some gamers can't live with the idea of playing games by themselves, or just using lan games with friends.

Does Black Ops actually work offline?
    Surprisingly there is a storyline behind Black Ops, and from what I have played so far, its somewhat enjoyable.

Thanks

I didn't say I was freaking out. I just said its irritating

Thanks

its a good day to be a 360 owner lmao. its interesting though because i can play online on my ps2 just fine. dont own a ps3. im playing socom combined assualt and on the boards there are a bunch of ps3 users saying that their mad and whatnot
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hate to burst bubbles this is old from the 1st attack not this current downtime >.<

Thanks

If no one said this already, Sony claims it to be a reoccurring server problem they were never able to fix. It's back and bad, so they shut down most of the servers to be able to fully maintain the problem. It will take a couple days.

It is not anon or anything, like everyone is claiming it to be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points