Thread: Suggestions for V.G.s for 3 yr old

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Smile Suggestions for V.G.s for 3 yr old

My Nephew hangs out with me a lot, so naturally he already loves video games. He's good for a 3 yr old, but obviously his capabilities are limited. I need you guys' help to find suitable games for him to play. Something relatively simple, or pick-up-and play. I have an NES, SNES, and PSX emulator. BTW: he likes fighting games pretty good. Maybe this will help someone else someday. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aeonhunter; 14th-April-2011 at 01:57.
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks

You really wanna pull a 3 year old into videogames? How about leting him have his fun outside instead of forcing him to game?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NES and SNES are the perfect "pick-up-and play" consoles. Give him about ANY platformer and just tell him to hit start until the levels comes up. Mario 1, 2, 3, Contra, gradius, DUCK HUNT MUTHA!! Same goes for the SNES, mario world, mario paint, street fighter, etc, etc. When he learns to read, give him games like Rayman Brain Games for PSX.

@Rebunator, he said the boy hangs out with him, most likely he means to say the kid follows him around looking up to him as a role model. The 3 yr old will do anything and enjoy it as long as its with his older cousin. Im sure he has all the means to play outside, but if cuz' isn't, he isn't. That holds true for any small child old enough to be interested in social interaction. When I was that old, I played the NES with my parents and uncle, if they went outside, so did I. You make video gaming sound like a bad habit...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

seriously tho, pbskids.org nickjr.com other sites based on kids tv channels have simple mouse-and-keyboard games that a 3 year old MIGHT be able to play well. Expecting a 3 year old to play an actual video game is like asking them to read Shakespeare.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    seriously tho, pbskids.org nickjr.com other sites based on kids tv channels have simple mouse-and-keyboard games that a 3 year old MIGHT be able to play well. Expecting a 3 year old to play an actual video game is like asking them to read Shakespeare.
    My cousin beat Sonic the Hedgehog at the age of 3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Contra, gradius
    Lolwut? Are you trying to give the kid a brain tumor or something? =/

Thanks

NES and SNES games, definitely. NES - The Megaman Series (preferably with health cheats or something ), SMB 1,2,3, Super Mario World, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

For NES and SNES, I'd say most platformers would be pretty good for a three year old.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    Lolwut? Are you trying to give the kid a brain tumor or something? =/
    Those are the games I grew up with. And besides, one button for shoot and the D-Pad; pretty simple, no?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Those are the games I grew up with. And besides, one button for shoot and the D-Pad; pretty simple, no?
    Gradius was one of the first games i remember playing, although i was terrible at it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For the NES, there's also Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck. I always enjoyed Mega Man and the Super Mario Bros. games as well.
    SNES, Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

Honestly, though, your best bet would probably be some sort of online flash game like skullpoker mentioned.

And if all else fails, pick up a Wii and WiiSports. My son loves to play golf and bowling, and he's 2 and a half.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rabunator View Post
    You really wanna pull a 3 year old into videogames? How about leting him have his fun outside instead of forcing him to game?
    Who the hell said anything about forcing him to play games? He likes video games and plays them, and I didn't say he does nothing but play video games. He is a normal 3 yr old child that likes playing video games. Welcome to the 21st century man, if you have a problem with it, then you're in the wrong forum section. Quit judging if you don't know the details.

To the rest of ya: Keep 'em coming guys, and thanks.

NES and SNES are the perfect "pick-up-and play" consoles. Give him about ANY platformer and just tell him to hit start until the levels comes up. Mario 1, 2, 3, Contra, gradius, DUCK HUNT MUTHA!! Same goes for the SNES, mario world, mario paint, street fighter, etc, etc. When he learns to read, give him games like Rayman Brain Games for PSX.

@Rebunator, he said the boy hangs out with him, most likely he means to say the kid follows him around looking up to him as a role model. The 3 yr old will do anything and enjoy it as long as its with his older cousin. Im sure he has all the means to play outside, but if cuz' isn't, he isn't. That holds true for any small child old enough to be interested in social interaction. When I was that old, I played the NES with my parents and uncle, if they went outside, so did I. You make video gaming sound like a bad habit...
    I should have replied to you first, but thanks man. You hit it right on the head!
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 14th-April-2011 at 07:37.
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.