Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [NEWS, BAD NEWS] New Dash 2.0.13141.0 Stops All Non AP2.5 and NON-JTAG Games From Boo

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I'm glad I never got back into burning/flashing 360 stuff. All this is way too much trouble.
    Yeah.... before it seemed viable, now it's just retarded.... I can't stand the legitimate or illegitimate ways, so PC away

Thanks
    EP Points

New info (not guaranteed to be true), but still interesting none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmask from bitgamer
    the new dashboard is going to be a major hurdle. i can tell you what i know so far.

1. the new dashboard can reflash your drive. the new dasboard flashes the drive back to its original state. this is why it was reported that games no longer boot with the new dashboard. but after relfashing they do in fact boot again. but that is only a temp measure as the dash is only the first in a huge clamp down from M$

2. new disk called the XGD3 (xbox game disk version 3) this will be a totaly new disk type that is larger than a dual layer (9.2gb) in theory the extra 1 gb will be full of AP25 data that cant be burnt to a standard dual layer. the new dashboard will do checks against the new partition AP25 sector of the disks in real time.

3. luckily the new dashbaord and AP25 implementation has been available in the SDK for some time now and the guy who makes the firmwares (c4eva) says he allready knows about the new checks and has something up his sleeve although he says it will be a challenge.

4. the new dashboard will most likely be the new fall dashbaord which usualy hits xbox live around october time which gives you plenty of time to play and not worry about it. all this panicing was done when M$ first implemented AP25 data to the disks and it took c4eva about 2 weeks to crack it. its a case of wait and see and cross your finger.
    xbox live and hacked firmware has always been a cat and mouse game

Info courtesy of my buddy the hetster

Thanks
    EP Points

I believe I said there will eventually be a disc based flash years ago. And I also believe Inferno laughed at me.

IN YOUR FACE