Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [NEWS, BAD NEWS] New Dash 2.0.13141.0 Stops All Non AP2.5 and NON-JTAG Games From Boo

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [NEWS, BAD NEWS] New Dash 2.0.13141.0 Stops All Non AP2.5 and NON-JTAG Games From Boo

We tested the new Beta Dashboard 2.0.13141.0 and can confirm that all games that are NOT AP2.5 patched fail to boot to a black screen (Previous LT+ Non-AP2.5 symptoms) - there is still a lot more testing on really old games so we will keep you posted.

So (as suspected) AP2.5 will be activated across the board once the new dash is released, and also as suspected, LT+ has shown to still work by protecting the system from a flag and bypassing the AP2.5 check. (Naturally we expect the AP2.5 checks to get harder and deeper so this is just the beginning)

C4E has confirmed that there WILL be a public method to rip your own AP2.5 data from titles thanks to all the new AP2.5 Table information that was discovered a few weeks back.

C4E also looks forward to receiving the new Halo Reach XGD3 disc

A fun summer ahead for sure.

.....Standby for a number of HUGE releases by C4E, Team Jungle & Team Xecuter very shortly.......
    http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/s...d.php?p=355105

Summary: Every single copied game we have will not load on the new dash without being reburned. Personally I'm bored of pirating 360 games, and with this, I might as well just get rid of my 360s since all my 250+ games are now coasters.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Terrible, terrible news....Ill give you shipping and take those coasters off your hands.

Thanks
    EP Points

you updated your dash?
    My Xbox has not seen the internet since i got the chip in it, purely becuase, i have 2 360's =/
    Sad thing is my 2nd internet ready 360 is a Jtag one =/

That being said, for the price of a pack of DVD's your still better off then buying the games themselfs.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Why not just avoid the update? It's not like you can play online without getting banned soon anyhow...

Thanks
    EP Points

You can actually last pretty long without getting banned, especially since they didn't do their traditional seasonal ban in 2010.

So, question: does this really have any effect on me, since I've downloaded all kinds of stuff, but not flashed or burned anything yet? Sounds like it'll just be one more round of patching to add to games before I burn. Which I'm hoping an updated version of abgx would mention?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

This kind of thing was to expected really.
    Good thing I put off buying an x360 until recently.......and it's only the really new releases that are expensive

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Uh, ok, this sounds really bad, so is there any way to avoid it? Can we jsut choose not to update the dashboard for example? Or is it a forced update? And if its forced, should we just unplug the ethernet cable and keep the 360 offline? To be honest I only have about 5 burned games right now, but I dont feel like reburning even that many, I cant imagine having to reburn 250+ thats just awful.
    Also, should we all just hold out on burning new games until a patch for this is aavailable?

Thanks
    EP Points

If you don't install the update you're screwed when MS put that update onto the discs (which only takes a few months at the most). As you'll be stuck, you'll have to install the update, which will render all your old burns useless, or you can do without playing the latest games. That choice will be yours to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu
    So, question: does this really have any effect on me, since I've downloaded all kinds of stuff, but not flashed or burned anything yet? Sounds like it'll just be one more round of patching to add to games before I burn. Which I'm hoping an updated version of abgx would mention?
    No this won't effect you at all, before you burn anything just wait for the new ABGX to be released and a new version of LT+ (as I'm assuming this new AP25 data they're in the process of implementing will require a reflash of the drive.)

Thanks

So those of us who already flashed their drive will need to wait for a new version of lt+, reflash and wait for a new version of abgx to patch all our games? Man if thats right it totally sucks. So I guess it would also be best to wait for said new version of abgx before burning anything else too? Double bummer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by teufel View Post
    So those of us who already flashed their drive will need to wait for a new version of lt+, reflash and wait for a new version of abgx to patch all our games? Man if thats right it totally sucks. So I guess it would also be best to wait for said new version of abgx before burning anything else too? Double bummer.
    Probably yes, I'm guessing the new disc format that they're putting Halo Reach onto for testing probably has a ton of AP25 checks LT+ can't accommodate for, they might have also completely changed the disc's structure so it won't boot on older firmwares at all. At this point you're best off not burning anymore games because you'll have to reburn them once the new dash comes out, but it's up to you if you want to waste your discs or not...

Thanks

Man, that really, really sucks, I guess I picked a lousy moment to get a 360. You dont suppose there could be a way to simply patch the games once the new dashboard/ap25 checks are implemented to remove them and make them playable on previously flashed consoles do you? Having to find a new way of burning, staying offline(though normal updates/fixes for games could be needed), needing to reflash (though this could be expensive if one doesnt know how to do it himself) are not that bad, but losing all your back ups? Thats just criminal, particularly if as someone on that threat you linked to mentioned ms starts doing this on a regular basis
    I really dont want to go and waste all the dvds Id use burning games now if I have to reburn later, but then I only have like five games and someone said the new dash might not come out until november, so yeah, I dont think I could just wait that long without burning anything.
    *sigh* And here I was hoping this would be a late april fools joke.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by teufel View Post
    Man, that really, really sucks, I guess I picked a lousy moment to get a 360. You dont suppose there could be a way to simply patch the games once the new dashboard/ap25 checks are implemented to remove them and make them playable on previously flashed consoles do you? Having to find a new way of burning, staying offline(though normal updates/fixes for games could be needed), needing to reflash (though this could be expensive if one doesnt know how to do it himself) are not that bad, but losing all your back ups? Thats just criminal, particularly if as someone on that threat you linked to mentioned ms starts doing this on a regular basis
    I really dont want to go and waste all the dvds Id use burning games now if I have to reburn later, but then I only have like five games and someone said the new dash might not come out until november, so yeah, I dont think I could just wait that long without burning anything.
    *sigh* And here I was hoping this would be a late april fools joke.
    Everything I've said after the first post is just speculation but ill update if/when I hear more about this.

Thanks

Well here's to hoping for good news, thanks for keeping us posted man.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm glad I never got back into burning/flashing 360 stuff. All this is way too much trouble.