Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about ESR and ps1 games

Thanks
    EP Points

@piicnyk - I tested it last night, and found out that Cogswap won't work with PSone games. Sorry about the misinformation. Also, you'll need a PSone memcard to save on a PSone game. PS2 memcards can only save PS2 games.

There is one more method for booting PS1 backups, called the "browser swap". I used Google to track down a video.

Also, if you haven't made your slide card yet, you can find the template here:http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...hout-a-modchip
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

@jakethegreat12 -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    i didnt boot into psxlauncher with the disc already in

i went to ulaunch then went to put the retail psx game
    Herein lies your problem. I'll break it down further:

1. Put the PSone retail game in the drive
    2. Turn on your console
    3. Go to uLaunch.elf
    4. From uLaunch, load PSXlauncher.
    5. At the splash screen, swap for your backup (make sure the PS2 still thinks the drive is closed) and press X.

I'm using FMCB 1.4 (because it works best for me), so my PS2 boots straight to uLaunch, no matter what's in the drive. Is yours different?
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".

Thanks

Is there anyway to emulate a ps1 memory card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by piicnyk View Post
    Is there anyway to emulate a ps1 memory card?
    Not as far as I know... but they should go dirt cheap on eBay these days. I still keep 2, just for good measure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    @jakethegreat12 -

Herein lies your problem. I'll break it down further:

1. Put the PSone retail game in the drive
    2. Turn on your console
    3. Go to uLaunch.elf
    4. From uLaunch, load PSXlauncher.
    5. At the splash screen, swap for your backup (make sure the PS2 still thinks the drive is closed) and press X.

I'm using FMCB 1.4 (because it works best for me), so my PS2 boots straight to uLaunch, no matter what's in the drive. Is yours different?
    hey thanks for everything rockstar, i did what you said and i believe ive got freemcboot 1.8 again everything worked fine until the backup started up it stops spinning at the playstion scea logo. and then it freezes. think it might be a problem with backups themselves?

Thanks
    EP Points

You're welcome, Jake... I'm glad to help out when I can. I wish I had known about this place when I first soft-modded my PS2. Would have made it much simpler.

As to your question about problems with your backups, well, I'm not sure. I've always burned my backups on whatever media I had (usually memorex... this will get shudders from some on this forum ) at whatever speed my burning software suggested (never more than 24x for a CD, tho). You could try burning at 8x... some will say 1x, but unless your CD burning drive is positively ancient, this is unnecessary. They've come a long way since the early days of burning.

Also could be errors in the image file...I've gotten a couple in my time that haven't ever worked right. You might consider testing your images with ePSXe before burning, just to make sure they're good.

Thanks

Thumbs up

ok i'll give it a shot. thanks for the info