Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anybody getting a 3ds?

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe a couple of years from now on when (hopefully) a bunch of awesome games have already come out for it - I did the same with the DS Lite. The library is pretty much the only reason I'd get one, as I've been completely unaffected by all the hype: I view 3D as a gimmick and it utterly fails to interest me.

Thanks

Well the AceKard 2i works on the 3DS. There was an update for AKAIO (was removed due to a bug, but awaiting a rerelease.) Works for me, though. For some reason the cart itself is in japanese at the DS menu but it works fine for me. I can't complain. Hopefully a newer update fixes that.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Maybe a couple of years from now on when (hopefully) a bunch of awesome games have already come out for it - I did the same with the DS Lite. The library is pretty much the only reason I'd get one, as I've been completely unaffected by all the hype: I view 3D as a gimmick and it utterly fails to interest me.
    Ya Gare, Sure glad the DS has a great library of games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Let me correct myself then to avoid further misunderstanding - not the whole library is awesome; I'm quite aware of all the shovelware. But it does have its fair share of good games. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Supreme Warrior Guest

the shovelware? I actually forgot about those waste of cartridges .

those dont count

I own over 50 DS games, would of had more but all the others went out of print and are very hard to come by.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So.... the 3D sounds incredibly gimmicky, and that seems to be the biggest selling point. Wut?

Thanks
    EP Points

Meh, I'm not exactly stoked over the 3DS. It seems others are under-whelmed as well... more excited about the hardware than the games. Here are a couple articles I've read recently.

Nintendo takes 3-D gaming to a mass market
    http://apne.ws/fJNvJM

Review: Solid 3DS could use fresher games
    http://apne.ws/ibv152
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I've had a 3DS and, in my experience, it's as fun as a closed, factory sealed box

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I've had a 3DS and, in my experience, it's as fun as a closed, factory sealed box
    Oh, you!

Thanks
    EP Points

Four days since release and you've got rid of it already. I think that's a record, even by Sprung and Inferno's standards.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 'Animal' View Post
    Four days since release and you've got rid of it already. I think that's a record, even by Sprung and Inferno's standards.
    It only took me one day but don't get me wrong, it was cool and the 3D effect was quite patent, the box seemed real but I'm sure I can find a cheaper closed box elsewhere

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It only took me one day but don't get me wrong, it was cool and the 3D effect was quite patent, the box seemed real but I'm sure I can find a cheaper closed box elsewhere
    THE 3D WAS SO REALISTIC IT WAS LIKE YOU COULD HOLD IT IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!@~@

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it is pretty cool. hurts my eyes though. maybe thats because i don't have a 3ds game yet, so i'm not as exposed to the 3d, which i heard takes sometime getting use too.

The AR cards suck ass. you only get 1 real card, and the character cards, are more or less trophies via brawl.

The sound is incredible, even DS games sound a bit better.

The camera sucks, looks like a cellphones, but you make make you pictures in 3d, which is cool.

the 3d is really 3d. when you update your 3ds, to stop the black screen of inconvenience, you get a music video. for example, if somebody is just standing, and the 3d is all the way up, not only will their body pp out, but it will add depth, like their shoes will be further out and stuff, really cool.

the face recognition is a pain. you have to put your face just right before it works, same thing with AR cards. it took me like 10 minutes to play the 1 AR card, because i was too far back or too close.

the mii creator (with camera) kind of sucks. you fill in most of the details, it more or less, picks out your face shape, eyebrows, & nose. and my mii was hideous (can't i look pretty even in virtual form )

the circle-pad is weird. say, compared to a normal analog stick, it slides with your thumb rather than tilting, so its kind of like a d-pad.

DS games either look good or shit. if you start it up normally, the 3ds will stretch it out, making it look bad and less sharp. if you press start or select & hold either one down, it goes to a smaller resolution, which makes it more sharper & brighter too, but its rather small.

those are just some general stuff. I'm playing pokemon white, with no 3ds games. i can trade by myself now

Thanks

I won't be getting one. 3D is something that really doesn't interest me. I have used a normal DS but only a few games actually hooked me.
    Right now it's this site that's serving my gaming needs.

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i will wait for more games release....... its too early to buy it.