Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make a .rar a .iso?

Thanks

It is a very new version of Dolphin, got it a few days ago... I will go download the latest version, and what are graphics and audio plugins? I know audio and graphics work fine for me on other games and videos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most emulators need graphics and audio plugins to run games properly and some plugins don't work on certain games. Try downloading different plugins to see if they work.
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

It still won't work on the latest Dolphin, I am re-downloading the Rom to see if it will fix the audio.

EDIT: How do I download these plugins? Do you mind linking me to some I can dowload?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay so i found a good audio plugin for you. It says Tales of Symphonia should work. Heres the link

Now when you downloaded the latest Dolphin it should have come with the best graphics plugin, so try changing some of the graphics/video settings to see if you can get it working.

Here's a tutorial how to do all that. Link

I don't own any of these links and I haven't made any of these posts/websites. These are just links directing to sites to help fellow EP member.
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Before you try anything, what are your PC's system specs? Dolphin requires a pretty high-end system.

Thanks

It is a stock PC... But I'm confident it is not the issue as it can run the game just fine, only the audio is screwy. I downloaded the file and it is named "totaldb.dsy" and is in the "Sys" folder. Is that where it should be?

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess you downloaded the emulator with the source code. I looked at their website and downloaded the latest release (7374) and it comes with the source code. What you should do is scroll down until you see "Releases" and get that first link there which is version 2.0. It comes with all the plug-ins you need.

EDIT: wow I should have looked at their page more. apparently, that is the version you want. My bad. Look here for a detailed explanation of how you should configure the emulator.

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/conf...planation.html
    Last edited by KajDarkwind; 19th-March-2011 at 02:17.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    It is a stock PC... But I'm confident it is not the issue as it can run the game just fine, only the audio is screwy. I downloaded the file and it is named "totaldb.dsy" and is in the "Sys" folder. Is that where it should be?
    Well if that's what the plugins folder is than yes, if you find a folder named "plugins", put it in there. Otherwise place it wherever your other plugins are placed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quick question, does it still actually say .rar or is it simply showing (if you're using winrar) the icon that programs associated with winrar have? If the latter, it's always possible that it is indeed extracted, and you have the program set to be associated with .iso files.

Thanks

Dolphin can only run .iso's right? It is really difficult to explain... There is only one .rar file, the rest just have the icon.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    Dolphin can only run .iso's right? It is really difficult to explain... There is only one .rar file, the rest just have the icon.
    You could always take a screenshot.

Thanks

Will do, but I have been playing the version with the messed up audio, and it has been an alright experience... There is no "plugins" folder, so what would be the equivilent on Dolphin?

Thanks

I actually had the exact same problem a second ago. I downloaded and extracted Wind Waker, however all I got was a a folder filled with a bunch of files, similar to the ones you described. All i had to do was select all the .rar or .r## files, and extract them to the same place at the same time. All the .rars contain part of the complete .iso you need to play the game. After I extracted them all, I got a playable .iso of Wind Waker.

so you could try that, I guess.

Thanks

Did it contain a .sfv file? I have already tried doing this and Dolphin couldn't read it.

Thanks

Will do, but I have been playing the version with the messed up audio, and it has been an alright experience... There is no "plugins" folder, so what would be the equivilent on Dolphin?
    I got a plugin map in my Dolphin 2.0 map And please show us a screenshot

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC