Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite female anime character.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll have to agree with GITS/Major. There's also Revi in Black Lagoon. And Busujima Saeko of H.O.T.D. fame. Yes, I'm pretty sure there's a pattern here.

And finally, Aika S. Granzchesta from Aria for having the most awesome catchphrase ever.

Thanks

Kagero from Ninja Scroll. She had this tragic story all through the movie till the end. It was like a Shakespear play. I have to give it to Jubai he some willpower to denie her.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pow View Post
    Kagero from Ninja Scroll. She had this tragic story all through the movie till the end. It was like a Shakespear play. I have to give it to Jubai he some willpower to denie her.

I GOT RAEPED BY A GIANT ROCK MONSTER IM TOTALLY A ROLE MODLE FOOR WOMEN EVERYWHEREZ

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pow View Post

He embraces her like that because he knows she has never been appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    You mean the creepy girl with almost no personality?
    Rei isn't creepy, her story just makes you sad. Worst of all is dumbass Shinji won't even save her.

Click to hear the objection!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarianoRyu View Post
    Rei isn't creepy, her story just makes you sad. Worst of all is dumbass Shinji won't even save her.
    Uh, she's actually a pretty generic character and her backstory doesn't make her sad, it makes her inhuman. You can do way better if you're looking for a tragic character. But Shinji is a dumbass, I'll give you that.

Supreme Warrior Guest

But Shinji is a dumbass, I'll give you that.

Thanks

I GOT RAEPED BY A GIANT ROCK MONSTER IM TOTALLY A ROLE MODLE FOOR WOMEN EVERYWHEREZ

Tessai gives new meaning to the phrase getting your rocks off.

Thanks

Uh, she's actually a pretty generic character and her backstory doesn't make her sad, it makes her inhuman. You can do way better if you're looking for a tragic character. But Shinji is a dumbass, I'll give you that.
    Please explain how she is generic. Plus, the manga shows that even though she starts as "inhuman", gradually down the road she starts to develop human reactions. (I'm currently following it.). Nothing could seem more tragic to me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarianoRyu View Post
    Please explain how she is generic. Plus, the manga shows that even though she starts as "inhuman", gradually down the road she starts to develop human reactions. (I'm currently following it.). Nothing could seem more tragic to me.
    She was the beginning of the emotionless female character, so why she was new at the time she's now a massive cliche. That cliche is almost as common as Asuka's Tsundre personality. Yes, she does grow emotion, but-

Spoiler warning:
    She gets blown up and a clone takes her place with no personality of the last Rei and gets used as the catalyst for the endgame of the series.

She's more a plot device the way she's used and the anime sorta grazes over her big moment in the spoiler pretty fast. I don't care at all about her because she's creepy, lacks any humanity and doesn't really get a moment showing she's truly human before she...stuff in the spoiler tag. Maybe this will be fixed in those new movies, who knows, but in the anime she was just dull. Also, I find it damn creepy people found her sexy when she was designed to be the exact opposite.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Not a fan of Yundere Darkseid?

Thanks

She was the beginning of the emotionless female character, so why she was new at the time she's now a massive cliche. That cliche is almost as common as Asuka's Tsundre personality. Yes, she does grow emotion, but-

Spoiler warning:
    She gets blown up and a clone takes her place with no personality of the last Rei and gets used as the catalyst for the endgame of the series.

She's more a plot device the way she's used and the anime sorta grazes over her big moment in the spoiler pretty fast. I don't care at all about her because she's creepy, lacks any humanity and doesn't really get a moment showing she's truly human before she...stuff in the spoiler tag. Maybe this will be fixed in those new movies, who knows, but in the anime she was just dull. Also, I find it damn creepy people found her sexy when she was designed to be the exact opposite.
    Oh believe me, I know the spoiler. It's actually in the manga. LOL

And, I quite recall one moment before the spoiler, and one actually AFTER the spoiler.

First one:

Spoiler warning:
    She asks Shinji if she can hold his hand in a NERV HQ garden.

AFTER the spoiler:

Spoiler warning:
    The clone Rei starts crying after Shinji gets messed up bad in a certain moment, and can't figure out why.

As for the sexy part, I don't find her "sexy" per se. What she needs is someone who's there for her. A white knight of sorts.

Thanks

The most favorite female anime is Kim Possible. i like her character and the series of this anime have LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Hime

Neliel Tu Oderschvank

Lina Inverse

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

She is Badass and my favorite.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.