Genre: Farming
    Region: USA
    Language: English
    ID#: ULUS-10499
    Image type: .iso
    CRC: 479D3B9C
    Image size: 252MB
    Compressed size: 150MB

Mediafire was being pretty annoying deleting my accounts left and right, so I'm doing what I can to prevent that.
    In order to obtain this file you require both attached files.
    To download the links you must install JDownloader and use the .dlc file.
    Your downloaded file will not extract till you use the .par2 file to repair it with QuickPar.

October12e
    Last edited by Ragnar; 22nd-October-2012 at 14:00.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is a great game. I spent about a week mindlessly playing it (and loving every moment of it)

However, it crashes once you try to trade in rapeseed oil. It's pretty late-game but it's one hell of a bummer :/

All my work ;____;

Thanks
    Thanked 5,342 Times in 687 Posts

EP Points

Emulating I'd presume? This is the clean dump:
    http://renascene.com/info/umd/2215

Of course a crash bug could be present in the retail game played on a PSP. But there could be a patch on PSN then.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

On my PSP with 6.60Pro-C cfw installed.

I re-downloaded it, but this time I just downloaded the regular hosted rom from the PSP section on Emuparadise rather than the forums. Trying to recreate the problem, getting back to my late-game stage....
    If it happens again, I'll give the clean dump a try. (Thanks for the link!)

I could probably play/replay this game until the day I die.

Thanks

EP Points

That's not a link to the clean dump, it's verification that this file *is the clean dump*. The one on the mainsite is probably the scene release, which is underdumped. It'll probably still play, but may have yet another crash bug somewhere

My best advice is to just keep some backups of your saves, so if you hit a hard crash that screws things again you can just retry stuff.

Thanks

Ah I quickly skimmed the link you gave before so I didn't notice ^^;

But the rom from the main site crashed the trade-ham-for-pig part rather than trade-rapeseed-oil-for-something part, which is about 1-2 stages apart...

I'm tempted to just buy the game... But I don't think many sellers ship to New Zealand...

Thanks

EP Points

Playing a retail copy shouldn't fix the issue. But if you really like the game, why not Us Canadians are pretty friendly towards international sales, I see these two available on eBay right now:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SHEPHERDS-CRO...item35bcfc1f2e
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Shepherds-Cro...item4ae1e7e757

Thanks

I was thinking that maybe it was a problem with the cfw. But I dunno, I only recently came back to the PSP world after I damaged my 3DS... cfw's, say, 6-7 years ago were pretty unstable and some games just wouldn't work.
    I kinda feel like I'm just going through all the different versions of the game. From physical copy to a rom I found in some dark corner of the internet.
    It's hard to say what's causing the crashes. The rom? Cfw? The psp itself? The game is just buggy? I guess I'll find out eventually.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delishnoodles View Post
    I was thinking that maybe it was a problem with the cfw. But I dunno, I only recently came back to the PSP world after I damaged my 3DS... cfw's, say, 6-7 years ago were pretty unstable and some games just wouldn't work.
    I kinda feel like I'm just going through all the different versions of the game. From physical copy to a rom I found in some dark corner of the internet.
    It's hard to say what's causing the crashes. The rom? Cfw? The psp itself? The game is just buggy? I guess I'll find out eventually.
    You convinced me to give this game a try
    I will download the clean dump for here and report back if i have the same issue. Will be playing on PSPGo PRO CFW 6.60

How many hours in approximately do i get to the point of crash you experienced it, also whats your PSP model? Its not the 1000 by any chance?

Thanks

I have no idea how many hours I've played that game. But I did obsessively play it for days at a time during the holiday break...
    The specific point where it crashed was when I had to trade rapeseed oil for anything.
    I have a 3000. Originally I bought it thinking later models would be better. But I never got a good cfw working on it so I just let it gather dust for years.

I actually tried out the hosted rom from the main site and it crashed randomly twice and it never happened again...
    Anyways, I've basically finished the game. The only thing that I haven't done is... something to do with squirrels. Still can't figure out what I should do with those squirrels.

But anyways, give the game a try! It's really addictive

Thanks

mmm interesting sometimes PSP games just crash without explanation, you just got to have your Save Data ready for these cases
    I remember this happening with Ghost of Sparta 3 times in the same place. I reloaded and played again and again and then never got that particular crash ever again

Maybe your particular play trough just triggered one random bug

BTW now that PSP are hacked wide open with Pro CFW and the, the new PSP are just as good as the old ones when it comes to hacking. In my opinion the PSP 3000 and the GO are the best because they have the best screens while being hacked wide open.
    Last edited by dunuck; 23rd-January-2015 at 00:38. Reason: my shitty grammar

Thanks

I save at least once every season and if I can remember, save every 10 days in-game.
    But it was that specific trigger that caused the game to crash on the rom I downloaded from this thread. The rom from the main site crashed here and there but there were no trigger points.

I have especially enjoyed the gba emulator on the PSP. Finished the Minish Cap a week ago.

Thanks

Also forgot to add
    Since this is a clean straight dump from the UMD it is literally/digitally the same as the legit version. So if you had this crash with this version you would of had it with the UMD as well

PS Try A Link to the past is really good too

Thanks

Since I finished (mostly) the game with the rom on the main site, I haven't tried out the clean dump. Maybe when I feel like playing the game again, I'll download the clean one and test it out.

Minish Cap was the first Zelda game I played as a kid. To me, the Zelda games after Minish Cap are terrible. Maybe I should work my way backwards instead and play the older games :p
    I'll give Link to the Past a shot sometime. Playing Pen and Paper+1 is taking up my time recently.

Thanks

I believe A Link to The Past came before Minish Cap. Definitely worth it, one of the best zelda games
    Also If you are into old school zelda try these PSP ports of Zelda homebrew they are really good http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeldansq/