Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IX Help

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy IX Help

Well I got the rom to load and everything, and it seems to be going fine. However, I ran into these problems upon starting up the game:

1) The commands, HP, and name box refuses to appear altogether (Like Attack, steal, etc.)

2)When I go to the party menu, the sound starts looping and overall sounds a bit choppy, while still trying to move forward. The problem fixes once I leave.

I'm using ePSXe version 1.70, with the:

~BIOS of: scph1001.bin
    ~Plugins of: 0.1.0.0__cdrSaPu (for discs)
    gpupete177 (for graphics)
    spupeopsdsound109 (for sound)
    (These are file names. All contents were extracted and put in their respective folders. However, I've also placed the .txt files in there too)
    ~zlib and zlib1 also, because both were required. (.dll)

My computer is:
    ~Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, build 6002)
    ~Language: English
    ~System Manufactuer: Hewlett-Packard
    ~System Model: Compaq Presario CQ50 notebook PC
    ~BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
    ~Processor: AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    ~Memory: 1790MB RAM
    -----------------------
    Graphics Card
    -----------------------
    ~Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    ~Chip Type: GeForce 8200M G
    ~DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    ~Current Display: 1024x768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    ~Monitor: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
    -----------------------
    Consoles
    -----------------------
    ~I'm using ISOs to play my game, so this would be irrelevant

The ROM was first aquired through this site. I used the NTSC-U type. It was a .ecm, so I unecmed it with the tool that this site also offered. Afterwards, I came up with the .bin, which worked on my emulator

That pretty much wraps it up, but if you need an image for the player commands, I can provide that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try using a different graphics plugin, but irecommed getting an older version of epsxe for final fantasy games, try 1.6

Thanks

Well I tried as you asked, with all the plugins and BIOS the original emulator had, as well as the same computer, but the problems are still prominent. What's more, is that the emulator seems to be running at a quick speed, which is hard to keep up with and rather irksome.

BTW, the site I downloaded it from is http://www.epsxe.com/download.php.
    As well as this site.
    Are the files corrupted, or am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Darkark; 10th-March-2011 at 01:30. Reason: Added download locations

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

to fix the speed, just enable "limit fps" in the configuration. as for the graphical errors, have you tried another image?

Thanks

Well I found that, and that did stop the mach speed, but the original problems are still prominent. The Commands bar still refuses to show up, and now, instead of looping the music, it gets slowed down every time I access the party menu.
    Also, it has occurred to me that the battle music is very very bad, not to mention an instrument playing a single note through the entire song. Also, the screen does not transition like the way it should, because t only shows a blank screen, followed by a cut-off sound that indicates an encounter.

And also, I have not replaced the graphics image. Could I get suggestions as well to obtain the right one?

Thanks
    EP Points

you can use ePSXe 1.7.0 you just need download the Petes Open GL 2 driver and increase the off screen drawing to about 2 that will fix your menus or if you like you can use this and just download open GL 2 if its not there, as for the sound ive never had an issue with it so im unsure as to why that doesnt work try messing with your sound plugins and make sure your drivers are up to date
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hit config, video, configure, and increase offscreen drawing to 3. That should fix the command bar, no matter what plugin you use. As far as the transition issue, hit the "..." beside Special Game Fixes in the plugin config and check all that say "For FF IX" or "For Square Games" (or something similar).

Sound-wise, what options do you have enabled? Played it a while back using Eternal SPU without issue, but if I'm recalling correctly, there are some options you should enable for FF/Square games in the plugin (might be wrong), so check that.

edit: @xXxistayhighxXx: It's most likely not the image. Most of the issues he posted are typically due to settings.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 10th-March-2011 at 02:33.

Thanks

Well I got the command menu to appear, so that's fixed up. Though the sound is still screwy on the last posted parts. And what I have checked is "Enable Sound" and "Enable CDDA Sound." The other two, "Enable XA sound" and "Enable SRU IRQ hack" are unchecked.

Also, the screen still fails to transition properly. For what Tanthias said, I checked for everything FFIX, but only one thing said that it was required for FFIX. Even when I checked it, the problem still occurred. Do I also have to check the ones for FFVII too?
    Last edited by Darkark; 10th-March-2011 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkark View Post
    Well I got the command menu to appear, so that's fixed up. Though the sound is still screwy on the last posted parts. And what I have checked is "Enable Sound" and "Enable CDDA Sound." The other two, "Enable XA sound" and "Enable SRU IRQ hack" are unchecked.

Also, the screen still fails to transition properly. For what Tanthias said, I checked for everything FFIX, but only one thing said that it was required for FFIX. Even when I checked it, the problem still occurred. Do I also have to check the ones for FFVII too?

Couldnt hurt.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkark View Post

Try enabling those. Also go into config, sound, configure and see if there are any fixes in there for FF or Square games.

Also, did you place a check next to the special game fixes box after enabling them?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Try enabling those. Also go into config, sound, configure and see if there are any fixes in there for FF or Square games.

Also, did you place a check next to the special game fixes box after enabling them?
    You have to or you cant enable them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xXxistayhighxXx View Post
    You have to or you cant enable them.
    (I'm probably misunderstanding you here (just woke), in which case I apologize.) You can check them through the "..." without putting a check by special game fixes (just double checked on to be sure). In that case yeah, they won't actually work because as you say they aren't really enabled.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    (I'm probably misunderstanding you here (just woke), in which case I apologize.) You can check them through the "..." without putting a check by special game fixes (just double checked on to be sure). In that case yeah, they won't actually work because as you say they aren't really enabled.
    Honestly, youre probably right. I use PCSX-R for linux now, but used to use epsxe when i was running vista. So im just pulling this stuff from memory and cant really check to be sure. So, no need for apologies.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've had this problem as well, go to the graphics plugin and make a screenshot, I will tell you what to do. I would tell you right now, but this computer doesnt have an emulator.

Thanks

Sound is still broken... ANd when I try to configure it, it says "it needn't be configured!!!"
    (also, just for the record, it won't allow me to config the "ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2

And for Illora:
    Here
    and
    Here

Both are for the the configuration of the graphics plugin.
    And sorry they had to be links, but it didn't work the other way.
    Last edited by Darkark; 11th-March-2011 at 01:23.