Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's rumored attempts to make everyone submit

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Sony's rumored attempts to make everyone submit

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...elopment-.html

Sony is developing an unhackable PS3 according to a rumor from EverythingHQ. Another circulating rumor is current PS3 models will undergo a massive price drop. Many are speculating the price drop would take place in order to clear out the current stock of PS3s so Sony could unveil the new hack-proof PS3.

Anonymous sources have told EverythingHQ Sony is already "deep into developing a hack-proof PS3 system." Sony is certainly aware of how easy it is to bypass the PS3's current security settings due to the hacking group fail0verflow and How-To videos like the one GeoHot is being sued over.

The unnamed sources have also released details about the alleged PS3's specs. "The hack-proof SKU will be a slim PlayStation 3 model and will contain a 300GB hard drive as an incentive to purchase the hack-proof system – the price of the SKU will be £186.99."
    A) Making the older ones cheaper will make it cheaper for people to hack them.
    B) Nothing is unhackable
    C) What do you think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    A) Making the older ones cheaper will make it cheaper for people to hack them.
    B) Nothing is unhackable
    C) What do you think?
    A- Exactly.
    B- Exactly.
    C- Sony is either retarded, or this is fake.

Thanks

Well I don't own a PS3 and I only have played it like twice in my life, but if that attempt to release a hack-proof PS3 i think it will be a big failure and a total waste of money.
    As you said if they drop the original PS3 prices probably people will buy them really fast and I don´t they will be planning to buy the new one, obviously if the original PS3 can be hacked it will be more "attractive" since people will be able to play games and download them for free.

Also as you said nothing is unhackable, I think sony should be caring more about how to protect their legit users those who buy original games, because I read that the problems that may cause (or already its causing) the hacking of the original ps3, are cheaters in online games, drop rates in game sales, etc.
    I think this is only a rumor because, what benefits could it bring to buy a hack-proof PS3?, when a lets say large amount of PS3 would be hacked, I really don't see any benefits or advantages I could get from buying this PS3 or any other console that claims to be hack-proof so if Sony is planning to do this, I think it would be a big ugly mistake.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I already got my PS3. In a few years, it will be worth even more because it will be one of the models that can be hackz0rds, and people who got into the game late will pay big money for a hackz0rdable PS3.

Beyond that, Sony is delusional. The end.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll underline what Kermit orignally said: NOTHING is unhackable. Sony can make it a bigger pain-in-the-tush to hack into, but the door will NEVER be closed completely... not as long as there's a coder out there with too much time on his hands.

Personally, I don't care... I lost interest in the PS3 when they took away backwards compatibility.

"It only does everything"? Hardly.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks

http://gear.ign.com/dor/articles/101..._spc_full.html

See?Proof the PS3 is a failure-so why bother with it?

Thanks

Poor Kevin Butler.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If Sony were to introduce a new model of PS3, it would make more sense to recall every PS3 on the market right now that is not sold and modify them to meet this new "lol unhackable" standard than to drop the price and sell off hackable product. In the short term it would cost them a lot, but in the long term it would cut the bleeding significantly.

But that's only if this is true, which I doubt it is. No company would dare provoke the hackers who proved them dead wrong before by saying "We're making an unhackable version, so ha!", because that'll only mean the thing will be cracked within a week of release.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"This ship is unsinka -- oh, shit."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    "This ship is unsinka -- oh, shit."
    "Nah, Hitler doesn't really think the Jews are all that ba-- well damn"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If only he'd gone to art school.

But really, not even Sony can be this stupid. Right? Right?

::Looks at Amazon.::

What, they're selling copies of Final Fantasy XIV for the PS3 for 60 USD? I take it back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A) I'll be keeping an eye out for the price drop if one occurs
    B) its a matter of when not if
    C) its a rat race where no one will win

Thanks

If prices drop, I'll take the opportunity to buy one... But I wonder what gimmick feature they'll be adding to the 'unhackable' PS3 to make it worth buying over old versions.

I really don't think this is true.
    Politeness is a universal language and everyone knows how to speak it, but some don't choose to.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result" -Einstein

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xerino View Post
    If prices drop, I'll take the opportunity to buy one... But I wonder what gimmick feature they'll be adding to the 'unhackable' PS3 to make it worth buying over old versions.

I really don't think this is true.
    According to the article, a 300 gig hard drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

add ps2 compatability back. and allow music in the games and bring some games over from the 360 and make them better like they did for star ocean 4