Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best DSi Flashcard?

Thanks

Default Best DSi Flashcard?

Like the title says, I'm looking into getting a DSi flashcard but I'm not sure which one to get or where to get them.

All help appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Easy, buy an AceKard 2i, but if you have the money or want to emulate NES, SNES, etc. Buy the DSTWO.
    Both will play any of the DS games, AP or not.

As for places to purchase, try AceKard's or DSTWO's main site, and find a retailer near you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can vouch for Acekard. I have an Acekard 2i and love it; never had any problems.

Thanks
    EP Points

acekard 2i. make sure it comes with a class 6 micro sd to run games like the new zelda game smoothly on the ds.

Thanks
    EP Points

acekard 2i hands down and unanimous

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

mmm i hear the acekard2i is good but i cant confirm myself bc i have a dslite

Thanks
    EP Points

... it works on all models of DS

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Indeed, the Acekard 2i works on all DS models.

Also, you may need a DS Lite, DS Phat, or a DSi with firmware below 1.4 to get an AK2i card to work. Nintendo's firmware blocked the card with version 1.4, so the flash cart itself needs to be updated to be able to run it. If you don't have another DS lying around that you can use, I've read about people going into Gamestop and pretending to be interested in buying a used system, just to have a few moments to update the AK2i.

I use an AK2i myself, but I agree with Jazz's post. Pick up an Acekard if you're interested in playing DS roms alone, and a Supercard Two if you're interested in emulating other systems.

Thanks
    EP Points

you can update the acekard manually by replacing the files on it, you dont need to do it through the ds

Thanks

oh. well now i know.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    you can update the acekard manually by replacing the files on it, you dont need to do it through the ds
    I've never done it before, but I was under the impression that you actually need to run the updater on a different DS. Placing the files on the card won't do you any good if the DSi cannot recognize that there's anything in the slot to begin with.

Thanks
    EP Points

not sure but all i did was add files

Thanks
    EP Points

Got myself a DSTWO.

Card works flawlessly. Every game I've thrown at has worked, with the exception of 2( Both Blue Dragon games seem to not work. Haven't really dug around to see if there's a fix).

Like stated above, it handles GBA, and SNES emulation just like a PC would. No slow down, no glitching, sound is excellent.

Haven't used an Acekard before, so I can't add my opinion to that. But I like my DSTWO.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    not sure but all i did was add files
    Then probably your DSi had a pre-1.4 version of the firmware on it. I'm getting myself a new DSi soon, so I've been researching it for ages. If you really want, I can go about and collect a giant list of sources that say you're mistaken.

Acekards are wonderful, any problems I've ever had with newly released games are always fixed by updates to the AKAIO kernel.
    Last edited by Milady; 4th-March-2011 at 03:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

no idea then lol