Thread: N64 Lag When I try to Broadcast.

Thanks

Default N64 Lag When I try to Broadcast.

Hello All, For some reason I can't get project 64 emulator to run and be broadcast at the same time, without the music echoing right behind the one thats playing. I am getting about 60 fps or so when i try to broadcast, but then some parts of the game gets glitch out (talking about Ogre Battle 64). Anyone have a good working N64 emulator (kit) working and which plug-ins are the best and what options to check etc...? thanks

Edit: I'm trying to broadcast on Justin.tv, but when I hit broadcast the n64 emulator starts to lag (though the fps is still around 60). Is weird because i seen a few broadcasters using the N64 emulator and it doesn't lag out.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends on how good your PC is, seen as you share resorces with other aplications/plugins/features so running a screen capture prog/plugin/feature at the same time as playing a rom uses more PC resorces and will cause lag on some PC's

As it is I havn't played round on N64 emulation for a very long time now so can't realy give you specifics on setups/plugins for game x, asides from to say plugins/setting are different from rom to rom.

This is more on the reason why, sorry I can't help you make it run smoother with screen capture running a broadcast.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks Zorlon, now is there somewhere on EP where i can get a starter kit for N64? can't seem to find one with the search option, also if anyone knows how to set up each plugin. I notice for Ogre Battle 64, certain sprites would be dark (though it stills retain their shape). thanks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.org/links-and...tarter_Kits/33

Not sure whats in it never looked at it personly

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks a lot will check it out, I have a dual core so broadcasting emulators (except ps2) shouldn't be a problem, more likely is my plug-ins on the N64 and the settings.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCecil View Post
    Thanks a lot will check it out, I have a dual core so broadcasting emulators (except ps2) shouldn't be a problem, more likely is my plug-ins on the N64 and the settings.
    If the prog was made to take advantage of dual core processing yep, but as it is it's not.

Speed/Graphics has a mix of hardware/software used some plugins run smoother with some gfx chip sets but other gfx chip sets would run slower or beter with another plugin/setup, the cpu core can't realy be helped but does help with speed as does system memory, but it's your gpu chip set/memory that realy helps, even older desktops that have a great gpu (graphics card) can run just as fast as modern laptops with quad core
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-March-2011 at 20:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]