Thread: Xbox homebrew CD/DVD burning help!

Thanks

Default Xbox homebrew CD/DVD burning help!

I'm trying to save space on my stock HDD in my softmodded Xbox, and need help burning rom folders on CD-Rs and DVD+Rs to save space. the first time, i tried to access the folders via emulator but the game wouldn't load, and more often than not, the emu would completely hang on me. I can access the folder and transfer the files to the HDD via file explorer.

I'm using Quix to build the ISO, but barely helped, so i guess I'm doing something wrong.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

You can burn the entire emulator to DVD. If you try to leave the emulator on the HDD, and use roms from disc, you're going to have to edit the ini file in the emulator directory to point to the D drive (assuming the roms are in the root of the disc).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    You can burn the entire emulator to DVD.
    Would I still be able to have save states and save my configurations?

If you try to leave the emulator on the HDD, and use roms from disc, you're going to have to edit the ini file in the emulator directory to point to the D drive
    My intention was to build a rom disc with systems separated by folder, and sort games based on region (\Snes ROMs\US), and use that one disc for several emulators. how can i build the iso and burn the disc properly so the emulator doesn't freeze? i tried burning the retro FPS collection, but it wouldn't work. i could select the games, the demo would play, but the game would freeze when i tried to start it.

(assuming the roms are in the root of the disc).
    Do the games HAVE to be at the root?
    Last edited by Higemaru; 26th-February-2011 at 21:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like you want something like the Big Ass Emulator discs. You may be better off just grabbing disc 1 of that to save you all of this hassle? It's about 4GB though... Has everything from NES, SNES, Mastersystem, Megadrive, etc.